Old 06-09-2019, 05:53 PM

Niced 9 Times in 6 Posts

bump because Discraft sux, this graveyard of dreams should be archived for future generations
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2019, 09:51 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 31 Times in 19 Posts

Generally speaking mystery boxes are the players pack without the tournament. Seems odd these did well in generating sales when so many claim to want the tournament without the players pack.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-09-2019, 11:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,520 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FretLessSlapMore View Post
bump because Discraft sux, this graveyard of dreams should be archived for future generations

Old 06-09-2019, 11:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 81
Niced 605 Times in 312 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Improbably View Post
Generally speaking mystery boxes are the players pack without the tournament. Seems odd these did well in generating sales when so many claim to want the tournament without the players pack.
Not odd at all. All the disc golf worlds eyes were on discraft as soon as they signed paul. Then paul absolutely shreds the first half of the year. Discraft then puts out insane swirl plastic like we have never seen with the kong and tour series.

Then they advertise their first of the year "cant miss" mystery box to a huge audience (now that they have the best player in the world).

Im sure most ppl expected to get at least 3-4 relevant discs along with some overpriced swag.

They proceeded to send a tye dye zombie and garbage they couldnt sell. The expectations for the new eyes had no choice but to be high.

The disc golf community is still small. Everyone that didnt get a mystery box will say "you should have known better". I guess thats true if it were a walmart mystery box or some other random big corp. (Also, commenting with hindsight is for female dogs)

It doesnt work well to over promise and under deliver in our small community. Salient went down in a blaze of glory. Prodigy is no where near where it could have been(although seppo and kj are helping now). Im sure i have missed a few other examples.

To get a 100$ from a disc golfer is crazy enough. They should have appreciated that and had a solid plan to make sure everyone is content. No one was expecting a treasure chest, but To give them a zombie/full foil buzzz,shirts and junk is ridiculous.

Why am i getting a 2015 ace race mini in my box?

Old 06-09-2019, 11:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
Lol no one else wants to keep this thread rolling with me....��. I was hoping the rage would last until xmas.
Old 06-09-2019, 11:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 53
Niced 5,725 Times in 2,961 Posts

This is pretty good...

Old 06-10-2019, 09:49 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 181 Times in 80 Posts

just to leave an update: Yes my mystery box BLEW and i was pissed. I Sent a very kind email to discraft explaining ive been a long time customer and i have 4 tour discs on the way. Great job on making me happy discraft.

Old 06-10-2019, 12:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricaine View Post
just to leave an update: Yes my mystery box BLEW and i was pissed. I Sent a very kind email to discraft explaining ive been a long time customer and i have 4 tour discs on the way. Great job on making me happy discraft.
My first thought was to email them as well but im going to eat this one. I threw only discraft for almost 10yrs. I took all the "disc-crap" comments and chatter from innova ppl. I even took sh@t from barry schultz about it lol

Im still figuring out my bag with mvp/axiom but i found myself missing the discraft discs i enjoy. So i was shopping the tour series discs and seen the email for the mystery box. I waited on buying a tour series because i thought i had a high chance of getting one in my mystery box.

I was right to get away from them when paul signed but i second guessed myself. (since im struggling to fill spots in my bag). I made the mistake to re-invest in them and got took.

Idk. I put my personal values onto a company thats in it to make money. When i sell plastic in bulk i always add extra things i have (minis,bottle openers,swag, and even extra suprise discs). I want the person buying my stuff to be happy. I even took sh@t from barry schultz about me throwing discraft lol

Im not mad....just disappointedlol

Last edited by Emoney; 06-10-2019 at 12:08 PM.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 17
Niced 1,485 Times in 767 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoney View Post

I was right to get away from them when paul signed but i second guessed myself. (since im struggling to fill spots in my bag). I made the mistake to re-invest in them and got took.
This logic is strange to me. McBeth signing has nothing to do with whether or not I bag a DC disc. I have lots of Buzzzs, Zones and some Undertaker's and none of them have his name on them. I did grab a Kong and a proto Luna but that was out of curiosity. Kong is too much disc for me and I like my JB Roaches just fine, I won't be spending $20 for mid grade plastic putters.

I invest in discs that work for me, not a manufacturer. I've also never bought a mystery box and only one lottery ticket.

Old 06-10-2019, 01:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
This logic is strange to me. McBeth signing has nothing to do with whether or not I bag a DC disc. I have lots of Buzzzs, Zones and some Undertaker's and none of them have his name on them. I did grab a Kong and a proto Luna but that was out of curiosity. Kong is too much disc for me and I like my JB Roaches just fine, I won't be spending $20 for mid grade plastic putters.

I invest in discs that work for me, not a manufacturer. I've also never bought a mystery box and only one lottery ticket.
I try to stick to one company to save money and stay consistent. Its easier to shop ,say 30 moulds, instead of 200. Also, we all have a tribal gene in us in some aspect of life and i fight it to keep an open mind. Disc golf is not a team sport but i like feeling like im part of one.
Im an "archer, not the arrow" kind of guy as well. I feel this strategy has benefited me. Its not for everyone. Innova felt like a machine, so i went discraft. Now it seems discraft went the way of the machine and now im pushing mvp.

The logic makes sense to me and how i view disc golf outside of playing it. Its kind of an exaggerated form of buying local instead of walmart. (I grew up 10 mins from michigan where discraft/mvp are). I dont feel a mixed bag would benefit me more than throwing one company. Because no matter the disc, you still have to throw it.

Last edited by Emoney; 06-10-2019 at 01:18 PM.