Old 08-22-2019, 03:04 PM

Niced 12 Times in 7 Posts

Okay today I had a chance to throw my friend's hard link a few times. It felt super good in hand, nice stiff and grippy plastic. It felt better than P2 in my big'ish hands. Flight was very similar to my s-line sky god. Seems that I have to go shopping..

P1X | P2 | Jokeri | Emac Truth | TeeBird | PD | Destroyer
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2019, 03:28 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 98 Times in 83 Posts
Default Link

Anyone throw the Lux Link and can give info on it compared to Hard and soft links
Old 12-11-2019, 03:50 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 28
Niced 70 Times in 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmtata01 View Post
Anyone throw the Lux Link and can give info on it compared to Hard and soft links
Yep, I snagged a few. I tell my friends its practically an MD3 with the glide and stability that it has. It's got more glide than the Exo versions. It can handle a good bit of power, and it's got a little more low speed stability as well. In the hand, it feels a little bit deeper, but still much shallower than a P2.
Old 12-15-2019, 01:41 PM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 14
Niced 758 Times in 292 Posts

Popping in during a rough 1st Quarter for my Bears...

The Link is the putter I've always wanted.

It is a lower profile wizard. Some of our Fossil Wizards achieved this shape, but not consistently.

I've been putting, approaching and throwing Links for the past month or two and it's been like love at first feel.

I prefer the soft during the cold weather but they're both exactly the same in terms of shape.

If you want a (dare I say it) better Wizard (for me)... Try a link. They're awesome.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-16-2019, 04:03 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 931 Times in 486 Posts

^Seconded. I have abut 20+ Wizards. And I still love em. Just the Link feels easier in the hand due to lower profile, comes out cleaner and has more glide. The hard has also superb grip vs. any other "hard" putter plastic Ive ever felt.
Old 01-02-2020, 10:20 PM

Niced 24 Times in 10 Posts

Where are the Lux Links?
Old 03-03-2020, 01:01 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassidy1990 View Post
Popping in during a rough 1st Quarter for my Bears...

The Link is the putter I've always wanted.

It is a lower profile wizard. Some of our Fossil Wizards achieved this shape, but not consistently.

I've been putting, approaching and throwing Links for the past month or two and it's been like love at first feel.

I prefer the soft during the cold weather but they're both exactly the same in terms of shape.

If you want a (dare I say it) better Wizard (for me)... Try a link. They're awesome.
I just may have to pick up a Link then. I got 2 Fossil wizards that I put with now and I love the combo of stiffness and grippyness (I love super stiff putters, but still need the grip). If your saying that the link can match that then Im all the way in.
Old 04-18-2020, 11:16 AM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 14
Niced 758 Times in 292 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman57 View Post
I just may have to pick up a Link then. I got 2 Fossil wizards that I put with now and I love the combo of stiffness and grippyness (I love super stiff putters, but still need the grip). If your saying that the link can match that then Im all the way in.
I'd say the Hard Link is not quite as stiff as the Fossil Wizard

If I could have Dave produce perfect Fossil Wiz every time, I'd never deviate from them as my main putter.

That said, we haven't been able to replicate the super low profile that the first run of Fossil Wiz had. I just want them to be very "small" with a very tight shoulder.

The PWP feel similar to Fossil but most of those seem to have a thicker shoulder making them OS hawgs.

I'm sure we will try another Fossil Wiz run sometime but the Exo Link is a really great fill in.

I actually like the Exo Soft as it sits right in the SS/SSS gateway range. My main putter is seasoned up so that it can hold a nice smooth anny on an up shot.
Old 04-18-2020, 11:27 AM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 179
Niced 1,054 Times in 457 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman57 View Post
I just may have to pick up a Link then. I got 2 Fossil wizards that I put with now and I love the combo of stiffness and grippyness (I love super stiff putters, but still need the grip). If your saying that the link can match that then I’m all the way in.
Hard links are still not stiff but they are really really grippy. At least to me they are. They are just the same hard plastic from Latitude so if you like that plastic then you will like exo hard.

I putt with KC Aviars, for reference, and hate the feel of the exo hard plastic, too grippy and not hard enough.

Last edited by Horsman; 04-18-2020 at 11:29 AM.

Old 07-30-2020, 02:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 20
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Decided to try the exo hard Link in the bag in place of my wizards which I use for everything. I like that they are just slightly lower profile than my wizards. Does feel better in my hand. I’ve used a lot of wizards over the years and if I can order a Link and have it be like the last one everytime, I’m sold. Never knew what version of a “soft” wizard I was getting when ordering.