#21  
Old 02-19-2020, 11:00 AM
Twmccoy Twmccoy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 2,690
Niced 951 Times in 734 Posts
Default

I like that they at least didn't name this disc "Zeus SS". I find it annoying when companies (especially Discraft) take an established mold and then basically tweak it and add SS to the name. If you're going to make a new disc, call it something entirely different (which they seem to have done here).

If the Hades flies as described it should be a good seller. It'll be in direct competition with the Crank though.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-19-2020, 11:50 AM
Bogey B.O.B.'s Avatar
Bogey B.O.B. Bogey B.O.B. is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 284
Niced 162 Times in 85 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
I like that they at least didn't name this disc "Zeus SS". I find it annoying when companies (especially Discraft) take an established mold and then basically tweak it and add SS to the name. If you're going to make a new disc, call it something entirely different (which they seem to have done here).

If the Hades flies as described it should be a good seller. It'll be in direct competition with the Crank though.


The OS/SS thing works for me. Companies are already running out of decent names. As long as it feels similar in the hand with a different parting line height, like the Crank/Crank SS, I’m good with it. If the wing is a new shape, give it a new name.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-19-2020, 01:03 PM
Jolt Jolt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 3,379
Niced 2,046 Times in 1,149 Posts
Default

Paul said "like a 12-speed Avenger SS" in the Brodie live stream . . so i guess the HADES will be really US
But he also said "its more stable than a NUKE SS"

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-19-2020, 02:04 PM
PMantle's Avatar
PMantle PMantle is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alexandria, La.
Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,198
Niced 936 Times in 631 Posts
Default

This could finally be a good driver from Discraft.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-19-2020, 02:04 PM
Deuzzz Deuzzz is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Years Playing: 0.4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 39
Niced 23 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Paul said "like a 12-speed Avenger SS" in the Brodie live stream . . so i guess the HADES will be really US
But he also said "its more stable than a NUKE SS"
What timestamp is he talking about the hades?

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-19-2020, 02:12 PM
Jolt Jolt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 3,379
Niced 2,046 Times in 1,149 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuzzz View Post
What timestamp is he talking about the hades?
He talks about it a lot, but the thing i quote is at 37:15

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-19-2020, 04:02 PM
dwayne.hoffman's Avatar
dwayne.hoffman dwayne.hoffman is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: South Miami, FL
Posts: 146
Niced 60 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Looking at that versus my Thrashers, and I am of the view it's the easier Crank SS in terms of size. If so, it'll sell like gangbusters, especially if in lighter weights.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-19-2020, 04:09 PM
CrowLegs's Avatar
CrowLegs CrowLegs is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Columbus, OH-IO
Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 115
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 677
Niced 153 Times in 94 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne.hoffman View Post
Looking at that versus my Thrashers, and I am of the view it's the easier Crank SS in terms of size. If so, it'll sell like gangbusters, especially if in lighter weights.
This. I like my drivers lighter and a little US... This sounds like one to try for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-20-2020, 02:03 AM
Jolt Jolt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 3,379
Niced 2,046 Times in 1,149 Posts
Default

If this is a slightly more Stable Thrasher iīm for sure going to try it
Reply With Quote
 

  #30  
Old 02-20-2020, 06:39 AM
discerdoo's Avatar
discerdoo discerdoo is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,709
Niced 1,488 Times in 768 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
If this is a slightly more Stable Thrasher iīm for sure going to try it
That's a shocker.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beat to Hades Firebirds...no dx or reg pro SMontgomery The Marketplace 1 05-20-2014 02:41 PM
the "speed 12" wraith (beat to hades) phrumphkin The Marketplace 4 10-28-2012 08:10 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.