Old 04-13-2020, 01:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 23.4
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 294 Times in 180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKWolverine View Post
Still waiting on that full review of the Mustang, booter.

The Bullet review was outstanding!
thank you! i will be putting it out asap(likely in the next 2 days) its been a little hectic around here. lol
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 04-16-2020, 09:54 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 119 Times in 72 Posts

Bump.

Yes, booter, I'm relentless (with nothing but time on my hands).

Seriously, that Buzzz/QMS description is haunting my dreams!

Niced: (2)

Last edited by TKWolverine; 04-16-2020 at 09:58 AM.
Old 04-18-2020, 04:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Bump.

Yes, booter, I'm relentless (with nothing but time on my hands).

Seriously, that Buzzz/QMS description is haunting my dreams!
Sorry to keep you waiting, here is the review!
Old 04-18-2020, 04:02 AM
* Ace Member *

The mustang review is finally here! Thank you guys for being patient, I apologize for the wait. below is my personal review on the latest midrange to come from the guys at MINT discs.

Mid info:
Eternal plastic - firm and clear as candy
174g
Chartreuse
Flat top
Beadless

Intro:
the mustang is the 2nd midrange to come from MINT, its profile is similar to that of the bobcat but not nearly as overstable. What other mids would I compare the mustang profile to? id say the best description would be if the buzzz and the QMS had a baby, that baby would be the mustang Rocking a concave wing with no bead and a flat top, the mustang is like a familiar face you've seen before but worth getting to know. You would think with the profile being so similar to the bobcat that it would fly the same but instead it is the perfect mid to have for longer shots where you need less fade. I've taken time to get to know this mid and it is something that I've been waiting from MINT for a long time. as an avid roc/buzzz thrower for the last 20+ yrs, this midrange was easy to learn right away. like the bullet, this midrange suits my "direct" style of throw, its basically the midrange version of the bullet! whats the quickest way from point A to point B? a mustang

Approach:
my midrange line up as of now is a mix of rocs, bobcats and the mustang. the bobcat is very easy to range because of its stability so its used primarily for approach shots. my roc(s) are more for touchy shots and when I have a ceiling to work and the mustang is for low ceilings and longer midrange shots. Prior to the mustang,I was throwing a gobi or beat wasp for my straight/work horse slot but the mustang has since replaced them. whether I threw the mustang off the tee or for an upshot, I found it easy to control and did not see much difference in its fllight. I also noticed how well the mustang responds to spin just like the bullet does without worrying it would stray off of its intended path. Having just the right amount of low speed stability, the mustang is able to work it self out of a soft analyzer approach. For its high speed stability, it doesn't require a lot of power to get it to turn over but has just enough to make it great for the woods for slow panning shots. I primarily throw all of my midrange shots with a power grip but occasionally will use a fan grip when I need to dial back on power. Fh approaches with a straight mid is something I'm learning to use more and more as I trust my fh. theres just something about being able to pop a mid from hyzer up to flat and have it fly on a rope, it is a thing a beauty and I've never felt confident in that shot until now. seriously, the mustang is a midrange version of the bullet!

Drives:
now on to the drive portion! if you've played a round with me, you know I rely on mids a lot, if im playing a one disc round I am choosing a mid. if you have ever enjoyed throwing a buzzz,QMS, or something similar, the mustang will be right up your alley. low ceiling? no problem, in a pinch with no run up? no problem. the mustang's neutral flight makes it easy to throw in any situation you are in whether its in, behind or around an obstacle. Thrown on a soft hyzer, with 75% power, you will see the mustang penetrate forward on a soft hyzer angle all the way to the end. thrown with more power on that same hyzer angle and you've just popped that baby up to flat and road her off to the sunset. On smooth and flat throw with 75% power, the mustang glides through the air like its on a frozen rope and its only destination is to the bucket. Now throw that bad boy with a little more pop on a flat shot and you will start to see more lateral movement on the high end of its flight while slowly working its way back to the middle. Toss it on a high anhyzer angle with about 75% power and the mustang locks into the that line while slowly panning out to flat. I will admit I do not have a lot of time throwing fh shots off the tee with it. However, I have let plenty of friends try this out and I've seen them throw this thing on some killer lines with their FH and they are just as beautiful as the BH shots. I will say the mustang does hold up decently in some mild head wind but if it gets any stronger, I just reach for my bobcat.

Overall:
I feel like a broken record sometimes but I try to be as honest as I can even if it means I'm a little biased. I've been searching for this mid ever since I broke a few old z wasps over the course of a few weeks a couple of years ago. I had a hard time replacing them and didn't want to spend time breaking one in again. I settled with the gobi but production runs proved to be different than the 1st runs I settled on. so fast forward to now with the mustang and I feel it is nearly identical in flight to my broken in wasps minus the bead. the more I throw this mid, the more I can't wait to try it in other plastics to see how it molds up. I know a lot of you have been wanting a straighter mid so I think you will be very pleased with the mustang.mustangs and bobcats is pretty much all I need at this point and I think this is going to be a huge hit! a straight shot is one of the hardest shots to execute in this sport, why not let the mustang help make it easier

if you have any questions just ask and ill do my best to answer them for ya. if you need me to take more pics just say the word y'all!

ps. I think its safe to say that the mustang is not going to be a.....one trick pony (eh eh )

thanks MINT fam!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200215_232042.jpg (44.2 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg 20200215_232024.jpg (32.9 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg 20200215_232039.jpg (43.8 KB, 38 views)

Old 04-18-2020, 06:07 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 12
Niced 571 Times in 396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter View Post
The mustang review is finally here! Thank you guys for being patient, I apologize for the wait. below is my personal review on the latest midrange to come from the guys at MINT discs.

Mid info:
Eternal plastic - firm and clear as candy
174g
Chartreuse
Flat top
Beadless

Intro:
the mustang is the 2nd midrange to come from MINT, its profile is similar to that of the bobcat but not nearly as overstable. What other mids would I compare the mustang profile to? id say the best description would be if the buzzz and the QMS had a baby, that baby would be the mustang Rocking a concave wing with no bead and a flat top, the mustang is like a familiar face you've seen before but worth getting to know. You would think with the profile being so similar to the bobcat that it would fly the same but instead it is the perfect mid to have for longer shots where you need less fade. I've taken time to get to know this mid and it is something that I've been waiting from MINT for a long time. as an avid roc/buzzz thrower for the last 20+ yrs, this midrange was easy to learn right away. like the bullet, this midrange suits my "direct" style of throw, its basically the midrange version of the bullet! whats the quickest way from point A to point B? a mustang

Approach:
my midrange line up as of now is a mix of rocs, bobcats and the mustang. the bobcat is very easy to range because of its stability so its used primarily for approach shots. my roc(s) are more for touchy shots and when I have a ceiling to work and the mustang is for low ceilings and longer midrange shots. Prior to the mustang,I was throwing a gobi or beat wasp for my straight/work horse slot but the mustang has since replaced them. whether I threw the mustang off the tee or for an upshot, I found it easy to control and did not see much difference in its fllight. I also noticed how well the mustang responds to spin just like the bullet does without worrying it would stray off of its intended path. Having just the right amount of low speed stability, the mustang is able to work it self out of a soft analyzer approach. For its high speed stability, it doesn't require a lot of power to get it to turn over but has just enough to make it great for the woods for slow panning shots. I primarily throw all of my midrange shots with a power grip but occasionally will use a fan grip when I need to dial back on power. Fh approaches with a straight mid is something I'm learning to use more and more as I trust my fh. theres just something about being able to pop a mid from hyzer up to flat and have it fly on a rope, it is a thing a beauty and I've never felt confident in that shot until now. seriously, the mustang is a midrange version of the bullet!

Drives:
now on to the drive portion! if you've played a round with me, you know I rely on mids a lot, if im playing a one disc round I am choosing a mid. if you have ever enjoyed throwing a buzzz,QMS, or something similar, the mustang will be right up your alley. low ceiling? no problem, in a pinch with no run up? no problem. the mustang's neutral flight makes it easy to throw in any situation you are in whether its in, behind or around an obstacle. Thrown on a soft hyzer, with 75% power, you will see the mustang penetrate forward on a soft hyzer angle all the way to the end. thrown with more power on that same hyzer angle and you've just popped that baby up to flat and road her off to the sunset. On smooth and flat throw with 75% power, the mustang glides through the air like its on a frozen rope and its only destination is to the bucket. Now throw that bad boy with a little more pop on a flat shot and you will start to see more lateral movement on the high end of its flight while slowly working its way back to the middle. Toss it on a high anhyzer angle with about 75% power and the mustang locks into the that line while slowly panning out to flat. I will admit I do not have a lot of time throwing fh shots off the tee with it. However, I have let plenty of friends try this out and I've seen them throw this thing on some killer lines with their FH and they are just as beautiful as the BH shots. I will say the mustang does hold up decently in some mild head wind but if it gets any stronger, I just reach for my bobcat.

Overall:
I feel like a broken record sometimes but I try to be as honest as I can even if it means I'm a little biased. I've been searching for this mid ever since I broke a few old z wasps over the course of a few weeks a couple of years ago. I had a hard time replacing them and didn't want to spend time breaking one in again. I settled with the gobi but production runs proved to be different than the 1st runs I settled on. so fast forward to now with the mustang and I feel it is nearly identical in flight to my broken in wasps minus the bead. the more I throw this mid, the more I can't wait to try it in other plastics to see how it molds up. I know a lot of you have been wanting a straighter mid so I think you will be very pleased with the mustang.mustangs and bobcats is pretty much all I need at this point and I think this is going to be a huge hit! a straight shot is one of the hardest shots to execute in this sport, why not let the mustang help make it easier

if you have any questions just ask and ill do my best to answer them for ya. if you need me to take more pics just say the word y'all!

ps. I think its safe to say that the mustang is not going to be a.....one trick pony (eh eh )

thanks MINT fam!
Can we get some side by side pics with a Roc or Wasp, a Buzzz and the Bobcat?

Old 04-18-2020, 08:16 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 119 Times in 72 Posts

Thanks, booter!

Now I can stop harassing you for the review and you can stop thinking about a restraining order. lol!

Old 04-18-2020, 12:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
Can we get some side by side pics with a Roc or Wasp, a Buzzz and the Bobcat?
Can do. I'll grab some here in a bit

Old 04-18-2020, 12:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Thanks, booter!

Now I can stop harassing you for the review and you can stop thinking about a restraining order. lol!
Lol I slacked a bit but you kept me on my toes!
Old 04-18-2020, 05:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Pink z buzzz vs yellow eternal mustang
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200418_120328.jpg (35.6 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg 20200418_120033.jpg (35.5 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg 20200418_120044.jpg (38.2 KB, 46 views)

Old 04-18-2020, 05:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Yellow dx roc vs yellow eternal mustang
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200418_115845.jpg (34.4 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 20200418_120406.jpg (36.0 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 20200418_120424.jpg (39.2 KB, 27 views)