Old 04-12-2020, 01:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 158
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 782 Times in 316 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Hows it going out there folks? Sounds like they are shutting down the Golf Island Disc Park... all provincial parks are shutting here in BC, the disc park is CRD, so not provincial, but it sounds like it's shutting down. Rumour was Friday but there's no signage up or anything. The dog walkers will take it over if we don't represent! Actually I haven't been there in a month.

What's happening where you are?
I'm not far from you, and we're completely shut down. Do you actually have positive cases on your island?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2020, 02:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 5
Niced 1,306 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmonty View Post
I'm not far from you, and we're completely shut down. Do you actually have positive cases on your island?
Not yet, no cases, couple false alarms... big influx of weekenders though.. Batten down the hatches and hide for a week...

Sounds like Canada is fairly on top of it for now, but encouraging projections are just a pool that's filling slower. We got on the social distancing pretty early. The Prime Minister's wife tested positive early on.

Washington eh? I popped into your page and am now subscribed to the "let's get weird" thread you were viewing haha. Thanks!!!
Old 05-09-2020, 10:10 PM
* Ace Member *

What's happening out there besides "nothing" eh?
Old 05-14-2020, 11:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced: (1)
Old 05-21-2020, 10:20 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 300 Times in 193 Posts

Quote:
What's happening out there besides "nothing" eh?
On the island we closed down the golf courses and private disc courses for around a month. Some courses slowly started opening up about 2 weeks ago with some new rules in place. (no more than one person going into the clubhouse to pay at a time) (call in advance / book your tee time with groups no bigger than 4 on Facebook and everyone is spaced out in 15 minute intervals).

Seems to be working well so far! Me and my brothers were going to be launching our Boston whaler at some point this week into the water.

We normally rip over and dock up in theives bay, then walk to the course on pender from there. Is that going to be okay to do, or all the locals still on high alert?

Figured the gulf islands were still figuring out a reopening plan. Did the park ever close? Did the golf course ever close too on pender?
Old 05-21-2020, 11:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANBURGARLAR View Post
We normally rip over and dock up in theives bay, then walk to the course on pender from there. Is that going to be okay to do, or all the locals still on high alert?

Figured the gulf islands were still figuring out a reopening plan. Did the park ever close? Did the golf course ever close too on pender?
Hey.. Yeah the disc park never closed we thought it would, the disc golf up at the ball golf course did.. They took the pins out..

Well you know we're on alert but it's all still good here.. Kind of. Restaurants are still closed, you need a mask and gloves to be allowed in the grocery store... good luck hitch hiking!! Walking is wise. Haha.

This would have been the Tournament Weekend 40th anniversary.. Stupid 2020

Old 05-21-2020, 12:38 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Hey.. Yeah the disc park never closed we thought it would, the disc golf up at the ball golf course did.. They took the pins out..

Well you know we're on alert but it's all still good here.. Kind of. Restaurants are still closed, you need a mask and gloves to be allowed in the grocery store... good luck hitch hiking!! Walking is wise. Haha.

This would have been the Tournament Weekend 40th anniversary.. Stupid 2020
I know right... this was my first week back to work, we opened up the shop again after the long weekend. Looked at the calendar and saw my days booked off for the pender bender. Very bummed out about that. Need to itch that pender scratch soon.

The walk from thieves bay isnt too bad surprisingly. About 20 mins each way. We would play then immediately leave. Sounds about the same as over here. Masks and hand sanitizer galore when out in public.

Hopefully Jos place figures out how to reopen soon . Best brunch + ceasers on the island hands down!

Old 05-22-2020, 09:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:

Hopefully Jo’s place figures out how to reopen soon . Best brunch + ceasers on the island hands down!
Yeah Jo's is solid, "You'll be fine" haha what a motto.. the Yorkshire pudding burrito is a winner.. Actually it's all good.. I hope they make it too. The landlord at the centre down there expected everyone to pay full rent and of course we were shutdown for the Easter weekend which is the start of money coming in for many businesses. I hope he makes it through this. The girls at the hair salon just packed up and cleared out rather than pay rent.

Old 05-22-2020, 08:23 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Yeah Jo's is solid, "You'll be fine" haha what a motto.. the Yorkshire pudding burrito is a winner.. Actually it's all good.. I hope they make it too. The landlord at the centre down there expected everyone to pay full rent and of course we were shutdown for the Easter weekend which is the start of money coming in for many businesses. I hope he makes it through this. The girls at the hair salon just packed up and cleared out rather than pay rent.
Its been a stressful time for small businesses everywhere for sure. Some people have been lucky with subsidies and getting rent / loan reliefs. Too bad the city complex owner didnt give anyone a break. Youd think a small community like pender would lookout for eachother. I guess everyone needs the money.

Im just glad Im back to work, and back to playing disc golf. Life has never felt closer to normal.

Old 05-22-2020, 08:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
It’s been a stressful time for small businesses everywhere for sure. Some people have been lucky with subsidies and getting rent / loan reliefs. Too bad the city complex owner didn’t give anyone a break. You’d think a small community like pender would lookout for eachother. I guess everyone needs the money.

I’m just glad I’m back to work, and back to playing disc golf. Life has never felt closer to “normal”.
Yeah we even cut the rent in half for our "trailer" tenant.. I'm still working though.. Essential apparently. COVID has been alright for me, I have lots of space at my place, my own 18.. We've got chickens = eggs and a microgreens operation.

I'm doing less small crappy jobs, drop in income, working less but home more.. I lost 15 lbs since I'm not buying my usual quantity of junk food. Or beer. It's too big a hassle to go to the store. Got lots done around the house even without a full "covid vacation" .