Old 05-01-2020, 12:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 481 Times in 296 Posts

I feel like these Emporers should gain some popularity!

The I Blends get such easy distance! They are consistently flying further on holes I normally would pull the Trespass with similar effort, while pretty much just holding the line they’re released on until they fade. And the S blends (Splatter) offer a great overstable compliment with the same hand feel. I think I could easily just rock a set of Emporers for distance. Still want to try the MF Glows, though.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2020, 07:48 PM
Par Member

Niced 74 Times in 40 Posts

Ordered a few Emperors to try out. Here are my thoughts which are similar to the notes here.
https://infinitediscs.com/blog/track...r-run-numbers/

weights are scaled (marked)

PLH
• G-Batross Run Swirl Star 176g (175) – Highest
• 3rd Run Metal Flake Glow C-Blend 171g (170) – slightly lower than G-Batross
• 1st Run I-Blend 178g (175) – Lowest - slightly lower than 3rd run

Wing Shape
• G-Batross Run Swirl Star 176g (175) – Most concave and looks very beefy
• 3rd Run Metal Flake Glow C-Blend 171g (170) – straightest/most under stable looking
• 1st Run I-Blend 178g (175) – straight with slight concave finish near bottom – kinda in between the others but closer to the 3rd run.

Dome
• G-Batross Run Swirl Star 176g (175) – Slight dome but flattest
• 3rd Run Metal Flake Glow C-Blend 171g (170) – the dome is nice and the same height as the 1st run but the rise from shoulder to peak is steeper in this disc.
• 1st Run I-Blend – nice dome with a little pop in the sweet spot I like

Shoulders were virtually identical and I have to believe came from a Destroyer. The bottom wing I didn’t think was Destroyer but the G-batross version looks very destroyer like. I’m guessing it’s a Destroyer hood with a slightly modified wing and maybe center piece.

I compared the G-Batross to a Holly Finley and Halo Destroyer. It is very similar to a Halo Destroyer in PLH/Wing but the Halo has a little more dome.

Feel wise, they are all great and the I-blend is a nice stiffness very similar to the others.
Flight
• G-Batross Run Swirl Star 176g (175) – Sorry, I didn’t take it out because it looked too beefy…
• 3rd Run Metal Flake Glow C-Blend 171g (170) – more overstable than the 1st run but not as beefy as a fresh *D. Similar PLH to a Finley Destroyer but a straighter “L-wing” underneath. For my power level, it was flying 12/5/-.5/2.5 – I wasn’t throwing my best and got it out 350 ish on a hyzer throw that never got to flat.
• 1st Run I-Blend 178g (175) – had a great flight out of the box as a mortal arm destroyer. I was throwing this about 10-20’ further than the Metal Flake most likely due to the fact that it flipped up to flat, and would rate it as 12/5/-1/2.5.

I only had 2 throws with each disc and these were all the very first throws with brand new discs and a small headwind. I was trying to hyzer flip them like my shrykes but could only get the 1st run I-blend to pop and that was only a little. I love the feel of current driver pro plastic but have not had the best experience with durability so we will see how this one goes. I would expect it to be flippier than my Shrykes after a few trees. For now, I am thinking about taking out my swirly wraith, which is basically an 11 speed Thunderbird, for this disc as a reliable driver that can get a little more distance.
Old 05-22-2020, 08:21 PM
Licensed to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations.

Years Playing: 22.6
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 112 Times in 61 Posts

Tried our the Test Run I blend and its pretty much what you describe, a Destroyer that's kind of in the sweet spot.
I think I've determined that I really don't have any business throwing above 11 right now, but will probably hold onto this for awhile and come back to it later. I'm sure if I was really into Destroyers that I'd buy a few more.
I'm not kicking out the Wraith for this, though, thats crazy talk, lol.

Niced: (1)

Old 05-22-2020, 09:06 PM
Par Member

Niced 74 Times in 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
Tried our the Test Run I blend and its pretty much what you describe, a Destroyer that's kind of in the sweet spot.
I think I've determined that I really don't have any business throwing above 11 right now, but will probably hold onto this for awhile and come back to it later. I'm sure if I was really into Destroyers that I'd buy a few more.
I'm not kicking out the Wraith for this, though, thats crazy talk, lol.
1 of 4 wraiths currently in bag!