Old 11-05-2019, 09:54 PM

Niced 11 Times in 9 Posts

Those first run Electron Pilots are super sweet, lowered my score from circles edge and out, but get dog-eared quickly with normal putting and practice use. Went through four of them this year !!

Went back to my Wardens in classic blend for regular putting duties. These will last a full year of heavy use.

Keeping a newish Electron bagged for those long putts and approach uses. It just glides with little effort. Also have a Proton for more stable use and the Eclipse (Mostly Glowless!!)
for when the daylight escapes the course.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2019, 09:03 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Anyone that grabbed a Plasma Pilot, is it as deep as the Proton Pilot? I have two Electron Pilots that feel shallower than my Proton Pilot and I’d be interested in throwing a shallower Pilot in something other than Electron.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:37 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 162 Times in 92 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmitchell View Post
Anyone that grabbed a Plasma Pilot, is it as deep as the Proton Pilot? I have two Electron Pilots that feel shallower than my Proton Pilot and Id be interested in throwing a shallower Pilot in something other than Electron.
All the premium plastics and Firm Electron have the same shoulder height and feel identical in the hand. I think the nature of the Medium and Soft Electron just cools differently out of the mold. The shoulder just doesn't seem as pronounced. All Electrons tend to get puddle topped when beaten in and depending on where you place your thumb gives the perception of a higher shoulder. So in a round about answer -- all premiums are identical. Cosmic Neutron is the only one that seems to fly a tick more OS than the rest. Electrons just because of the nature of the plastic feels a tad different in the hand when new.
Old 05-03-2020, 10:23 PM
Licensed to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations.

Years Playing: 22.6
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 112 Times in 61 Posts

I was on the road a few months back and picked up a used Electron at Hazy Shade for a couple quick rounds locally.
Great disc. Lots of glide and great accuracy, I really enjoyed this one and it reminds me a lot of a first run Reko.
Just picked up a great Santa Claws stamp neutron from Infinite, interested to see how they glide in neutron and if it might be worth holding onto as a driving putter.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:00 PM
Par Member

Niced 74 Times in 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
I'm wondering the same thing. I'm looking to replace my envy as my workhorse driving/approach putter and I'm trying to decide between a neutron pilot or another k1 reko. My old k1 reko wasn't much less stable then the envy and is similarly fast. I don't like the envy on shorter approach shots because it is too stable and sometimes tends to go too long.
Currently putting with K3 Rekos and throwing K1 and K1 Glow.
I have been trying out a Neutron Pilot as a thrower. The discs are very similar in hand feel with the Pilot being slightly more comfortable for me as a thrower. I like shallow discs. The Pilot is a hair longer with a tad more glide for me and has less fade. The Reko definitely has more finish at the end.

The Pilot is very straight but mine is pretty fresh. I am really enjoying it and may order an Electron version to see how it goes against my K3s. For now, I would number the Neutron Pilot as 3/4/-.5/1 and the K1 Reko as 3/3/0/1.5

Niced: (1)
Old 05-29-2020, 08:24 PM
Par Member

Niced 74 Times in 40 Posts

Anyone compare the Reko in K3 to the various Electron plastics?
Old 05-30-2020, 08:21 PM
Licensed to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations.

Years Playing: 22.6
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 112 Times in 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkles View Post
Anyone compare the Reko in K3 to the various Electron plastics?
To me quite similar in feel to firm electron, K3 is just more durable.
Old 05-30-2020, 09:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.4
Niced 1,397 Times in 613 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
...Just picked up a great Santa Claws stamp neutron from Infinite...
LOL, thanks for the compliment

Today’s round had a grudge match between the Pilot, Envy, Ohm, proxy, and others. I used to be all about Pilots, especially the soft Electron. The Ohm is making a strong case against the Pilot though.

Last edited by Marmoset; 05-30-2020 at 09:20 PM.
Old 07-26-2020, 10:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 5
Niced 1,306 Times in 871 Posts

Morning folks! Hey I was looking at the eclipse proton pilot.. It's listed as 2/5/0/1 on the disc yet from what I read here it sounds like it might be the most neutral flyer.. Just curious what the word was, I'm essentially looking for a glow Ohm. Any comparisons?

Old Yesterday, 03:55 PM

Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

Just picked up a glow recently, it is definitely less OS than cosmic N. Flies a tad bit more OS than a used Neutron I got. I think the glow and neutron would be fairly close when fresh.