Old 07-14-2020, 07:06 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 65 Times in 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningDoc View Post
I was lucky enough to snag some factory second p line PD from innova factory store about a year ago. They were in the 170-172g range and Im annoyed I didnt buy 20 or even more of them (with the multiples discount they can be potentially $5 each).

There was like 150 of them available for months with no one buying (me included) probably because they werent max weight and only orange. Eventually they started selling quick and I did get 6 of them.

Man I can get these things out to destroyer distance if you trust the disc and know the angles.

I remember even with the non factory second p line PD they were weirdly durable too. Like star level durable.

My original intent was to use these factory second P PD as water discs in case I didnt want to lose a seasoned favorite, but now I dont want to lose these P PDs !
I bought a few of those, loved them, and came really close to buying like 10 more. I just didn't want to deal with the stress of "this disc is not replaceable," so they ended up getting sent to friends or traded. But gosh, if they were in production, I'd be such a happy camper with three in my bag at all times.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2020, 12:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 45
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 688 Times in 334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningDoc View Post
I remember even with the non factory second p line PD they were weirdly durable too. Like star level durable.

My original intent was to use these factory second P PD as water discs in case I didn’t want to lose a seasoned favorite, but now I don’t want to lose these P PD’s !
I have a couple of orange P-PDs and I am pretty sure they are mis-stamped star plastic. I don’t remember if I got mine from the factory store or not.

The one I’ve been throwing has the stability of an s-line. It’s dead straight at 350 feet with strong fade. I thought it was just high plh pro plastic but after hitting several trees, it has absolutely no scratches or gouges. P-line would have frayed edges after moderate tree hits.
Old 07-26-2020, 01:06 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 114 Times in 73 Posts

I have an orange freak p-pd and it's holding up much better than blue or yellow. Doesn't fly like an s-line though but it was used when I got it so there might be some truth to it..
Old 07-27-2020, 04:06 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 40
Niced 12 Times in 9 Posts

FWIW, out of my 10 PDs, the only one with "MADE IN U.S.A." is an older d-line, probably ran bout 2 or 3 years ago if I had to guess.
Old 08-03-2020, 08:26 PM

Courses Played: 25
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Grady Shue Swirly S-Line PD

Any one have experience throwing the the Grady Shue Swirly S-Line PD?

I found some for sale and was considering buying it. Not the best colors but the price was fair.
Old 08-04-2020, 08:24 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 65 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercMorrison View Post
Any one have experience throwing the the Grady Shue Swirly S-Line PD?
This is the PD that I currently bag, it is also the only one that I have thrown so I can't give too much info on that.

Very close to my favorite driver in the bag, nice and stable but still has a good forward movement. I can lean into it without having to worry about ripping it over with too much angle. In terms of distance I am not noticing much distance loss with comparable speed discs, golf distances its somewhere in the high 300s just shy of 400 but I have yet to bring out the measuring wheel with it!

Discs with comparable flight, I have a super beat criminal that is pretty similar. more stable than the Anax I have, but the distance is similar. Less fade and more distance than the 2020 Sexton FB
Old 10-06-2020, 07:20 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 114 Times in 73 Posts

Can anybody enlighten me about the history of the smaller font for "S-line" (mine has a patent number) PD Freaks and those with bigger font "Super durable S-line" (all of mine has no patent number).

Old 10-06-2020, 02:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 36
Niced 475 Times in 244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by myllys View Post
Can anybody enlighten me about the history of the smaller font for "S-line" (mine has a patent number) PD Freaks and those with bigger font "Super durable S-line" (all of mine has no patent number).
The smaller font came first. There are a mix of patent number and no patent number Super Durable stamps. Unfortunately thats about all Ive got, I throw the small font S-Lines and they are flat, straight, and awesome.