#21  
Old 09-15-2020, 06:50 AM
HyooMac HyooMac is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 151
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 83
Niced 82 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Putting a good word in for the MD in base plastic. I carry two of them, and the more beat-in gives a great backhand turnover for me.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-15-2020, 07:57 AM
Keller's Avatar
Keller Keller is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Above ground
Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,135
Niced 1,947 Times in 849 Posts
Default

Add another vote for the DX Stingray

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-15-2020, 08:35 AM
seedlings's Avatar
seedlings seedlings is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Northwest Missouri
Posts: 318
Niced 122 Times in 75 Posts
Default

Friend has a Tursas, so I’ll get to throw that today.

Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-15-2020, 09:09 AM
JuanA's Avatar
JuanA JuanA is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Colorado
Years Playing: 20.3
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 884
Niced 867 Times in 413 Posts
Default

For a mid at these distances I would also suggest a Comet or DX Stingray.

But honestly I wouldn't throw a mid for an understable shot at these distances.

A Mirage can be flipped up flat without much ceiling and still get turn.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-15-2020, 09:19 AM
seedlings's Avatar
seedlings seedlings is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Northwest Missouri
Posts: 318
Niced 122 Times in 75 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanA View Post
For a mid at these distances I would also suggest a Comet or DX Stingray.

But honestly I wouldn't throw a mid for an understable shot at these distances.

A Mirage can be flipped up flat without much ceiling and still get turn.
I have a MVP Spin putter (similar numbers to the Mirage, I haven’t thrown Mirage) that will turn. When I throw it hard, I can’t control it well because ‘turn’ becomes ‘roller’ in an instant.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-15-2020, 09:20 AM
JuanA's Avatar
JuanA JuanA is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Colorado
Years Playing: 20.3
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 884
Niced 867 Times in 413 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedlings View Post
I have a MVP Spin putter (similar numbers to the Mirage, I haven’t thrown Mirage) that will turn. When I throw it hard, I can’t control it well because ‘turn’ becomes ‘roller’ in an instant.
Can you flip it to flat or are you throwing it flat?

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-15-2020, 09:22 AM
seedlings's Avatar
seedlings seedlings is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Northwest Missouri
Posts: 318
Niced 122 Times in 75 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanA View Post
Can you flip it to flat or are you throwing it flat?
Yes, it will flip to flat and go straight. If thrown a little harder, it flips to flat and starts to turn, it goes all the way over to roll.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-15-2020, 09:25 AM
JuanA's Avatar
JuanA JuanA is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Colorado
Years Playing: 20.3
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 884
Niced 867 Times in 413 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedlings View Post
Yes, it will flip to flat and go straight. If thrown a little harder, it flips to flat and starts to turn, it goes all the way over to roll.
Sounds like you need to try a Mirage then.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-15-2020, 11:02 AM
Siriusbomb Siriusbomb is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Courses Played: 3
Posts: 97
Niced 41 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedlings View Post
I want to be able to throw pretty hard on anhyzer, rather than powering way down.
If this is really what you want, then you don't want something super flippy. A Comet, Mako, or Dart would all fit the bill along with other companies' neutral putters/mids - just something that holds the anhyzer line its whole flight. This will be a continually turning shot.

But if you really want that forehand shape of straight with a late finish to the right, you need to hyzer flip something really understable. That's where the Swan 2, Tursas, Meteor, Wolf suggestions come in. Look at James Conrad throwing his super beat up green JK Aviar - it flips to flat and then, continuing to turn, just dives to the right. You do need some air underneath the shot such that the disc has room to turn and fly instead of crashing into the ground.

(but also just learn to forehand; it really isn't very hard to get a passable 200' flick)

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #30  
Old 09-15-2020, 11:17 PM
seedlings's Avatar
seedlings seedlings is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Northwest Missouri
Posts: 318
Niced 122 Times in 75 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriusbomb View Post
If this is really what you want, then you don't want something super flippy. A Comet, Mako, or Dart would all fit the bill along with other companies' neutral putters/mids - just something that holds the anhyzer line its whole flight. This will be a continually turning shot.

But if you really want that forehand shape of straight with a late finish to the right, you need to hyzer flip something really understable. That's where the Swan 2, Tursas, Meteor, Wolf suggestions come in. Look at James Conrad throwing his super beat up green JK Aviar - it flips to flat and then, continuing to turn, just dives to the right. You do need some air underneath the shot such that the disc has room to turn and fly instead of crashing into the ground.

(but also just learn to forehand; it really isn't very hard to get a passable 200' flick)
I worked on forehand for a couple of hours today. Flicking real short with all wrist to get the ‘feel’ of the spin. Then went 10’ longer and flicked a bunch more. Slowly increased distance until I was netting all my putters (basically all are understable except the Harp) out 200’. I threw putters that far 40 or 50 more times, then grabbed a destroyer. It flexed way further with the same effort I was giving putters. So there’s hope. All my putters are too flippy for over 200’ Unless I throw backhand, straight.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Understable Mid GoobyPls Discs 44 04-11-2018 09:19 AM
Understable/Neutral Mid bobmcnelly Discs 53 01-26-2014 01:05 AM
Understable mid? Romans 5-8 Discs 54 12-18-2013 07:20 PM
Understable Mid DJ Sticky Feet Discs 22 11-10-2013 10:12 PM
understable mid? discin311 Discs 34 09-15-2009 08:57 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.