Old 09-18-2020, 10:53 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 36.8
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 163 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrosscrx View Post
Why should I dedicate my resources to a local disc golf club and not one of the other millions of organizations that I also don't cross paths with in any way?
Because they provided you with the course to play on. If you were simply walking alongside the course, i could see your point.

People these days!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2020, 04:38 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 525
Niced 1,520 Times in 726 Posts
Arrow

I'm kind of with auto here. But I understand everyone's side.

First off. You can't argue against someone's point without knowing the facts. Pot meet kettle, but don't call it black.

Things are different everywhere. Ru4 , you're situation over there seems truly unique. I'm envious.

I'm in a different situation here. I pay $20 a year to play my "home" course. I've played solo during leagues and these guys act like neanderthals. Won't let a single player play through. And they know me. I'm talking a group of 5+. Not tourneys, leagues.

This is a county park too.

I'm not saying anyone's right or wrong. Just stating my case from central WI.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-19-2020, 07:27 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 3
Niced 206 Times in 103 Posts

Ballgolf seems to be missing the point that I'm not playing these courses. At all.

We have a local shop that is fantastic. They donate baskets, signs, and all sorts of things. The local club seems to do a lot too, they put in tee pads, they have work days, and so forth. Those things generally seem to happen before tournaments.

With that said, I was encouraged to join the Facebook group to learn about all these events, so I could see when leagues and events were happening and avoid those courses. Maybe that was a poorly worded exchange and not the intent of the club as they seem welcoming to people that actively seek joining leagues, but it is something I've heard several times.

Old 09-19-2020, 10:20 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
I'm kind of with auto here. But I understand everyone's side.

First off. You can't argue against someone's point without knowing the facts. Pot meet kettle, but don't call it black.

Things are different everywhere. Ru4 , you're situation over there seems truly unique. I'm envious.

I'm in a different situation here. I pay $20 a year to play my "home" course. I've played solo during leagues and these guys act like neanderthals. Won't let a single player play through. And they know me. I'm talking a group of 5+. Not tourneys, leagues.

This is a county park too.

I'm not saying anyone's right or wrong. Just stating my case from central WI.
It is all about you, right? I will not let anyone through when I am already waiting on every shot. In Ball Golf single players have zero rights on the course (It's in the rules). And no matter the course, or league, they will never ever let someone play through while league is ongoing. Never. You really need to come around on how you think about this. You need to accommodate the league, not the other way around. And i don't say this meanly, it is just a fact of how organized sports and all life works. The many trump the lone wolf.
Old 09-19-2020, 10:28 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrosscrx View Post
Ballgolf seems to be missing the point that I'm not playing these courses. At all.

We have a local shop that is fantastic. They donate baskets, signs, and all sorts of things. The local club seems to do a lot too, they put in tee pads, they have work days, and so forth. Those things generally seem to happen before tournaments.

With that said, I was encouraged to join the Facebook group to learn about all these events, so I could see when leagues and events were happening and avoid those courses. Maybe that was a poorly worded exchange and not the intent of the club as they seem welcoming to people that actively seek joining leagues, but it is something I've heard several times.
So you don't play the courses that the club maintains or funds? Then I have no issue. Sure doesn't seem that way though. I don't think you were invited to Facebook so you could see what to avoid, rather so that you can see how you can become involved. I have a hint for you: involving yourself with real active disc golfers in person is doing yourself a much better service than interacting with them online.
Old 09-19-2020, 10:28 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 0.6
Niced 243 Times in 114 Posts

Leagues should know better than to have groups with more than 4 players though.

Old 09-19-2020, 10:47 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmxer View Post
It is a necessity sometimes. Especially in doubles format. Unless you want a team playing with no witnesses.
Old 09-19-2020, 10:59 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 49
Niced 122 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgolfconvert View Post
It is all about you, right? I will not let anyone through when I am already waiting on every shot. In Ball Golf single players have zero rights on the course (It's in the rules). And no matter the course, or league, they will never ever let someone play through while league is ongoing. Never. You really need to come around on how you think about this. You need to accommodate the league, not the other way around. And i don't say this meanly, it is just a fact of how organized sports and all life works. The many trump the lone wolf.
Why is it always "in ball golf they do it this way". Who gives a ****? Disc golf has a completely different player base and culture. Most disc golfers ive met don't give a crap how ball golf does it.

Old 09-19-2020, 11:17 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 3
Niced 206 Times in 103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgolfconvert View Post
I have a hint for you: involving yourself with real active disc golfers in person is doing yourself a much better service than interacting with them online.
I'm certainly getting that vibe in this exchange.

Old 09-19-2020, 11:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 30.5
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,128 Times in 959 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmxer View Post
It's a numbers thing. Sometimes you have to have a fivesome or if doubles, a sixsome. If it's a tournament, you may have several fivesomes to accommodate more players.