Old 03-01-2019, 12:47 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 23
Niced 300 Times in 120 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdizzlefizzle View Post
I am angry about free live disc golf!
So many people make this invalid argument. Live disc golf is as free as network television. Funded by showing you advertisements. You pay with your eyes, ears, and time.
Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2019, 12:52 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,146 Times in 1,580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
To be fair, NO ONE should have expected as good or better than Smashboxx on the first day out of the gate. That's just ridiculously unrealistic. If we're going to judge them fairly against Smashboxx, you gotta give them a couple tournaments to get their feet wet..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Maybe your expectations are the problem?
Not at all. After the way Steve Dodge treated Smashboxx, CCDG, and Jomez so badly, we have every right to expect and demand that Dodge deliver a better product immediately, and he has not done so. Because of the way he treated Smashboxx, CCDG, and Jomez, he should not be cut any slack at all.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.8
Courses Played: 150
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,539 Times in 1,484 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consult20 View Post
Does anyone else think Nate sounds just like John McEnroe?
Well, I certainly do now.

You can not be serious.

Niced: (2)
Old 03-01-2019, 12:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Not at all. After the way Steve Dodge treated Smashboxx, CCDG, and Jomez so badly, we have every right to expect and demand that Dodge deliver a better product immediately, and he has not done so. Because of the way he treated Smashboxx, CCDG, and Jomez, he should not be cut any slack at all.
The way he treated them? Is there some sort of abuse I'm not aware of?

My understanding is he made a business decision, informed them of it, and that was that. The outrage that resulted was more the entitlement of the fans of those outlets not getting what they want than anything that Steve did directly.

Jonny V and Gary O are working on the broadcast right now. If they were treated so poorly, why are they back working with Steve on the broadcast?

Old 03-01-2019, 12:59 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,146 Times in 1,580 Posts

Quote:

My understanding is he made a business decision, informed them of it, and that was that. The outrage that resulted was more the entitlement of the fans of those outlets not getting what they want than anything that Steve did directly.
We disagree, and we'll continue to disagree. Dodge made bad decisions, business and otherwise, and the way he went about it vis-a-vis Smashboxx, CCDG, and Jomez, was handled worse than badly.
Old 03-01-2019, 01:01 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 87
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 97 Times in 40 Posts

Quote:

Jonny V and Gary O are working on the broadcast right now. If they were treated so poorly, why are they back working with Steve on the broadcast?
because money talks i would think

Niced: (1)
Old 03-01-2019, 01:01 PM
Flippy Flopper

Years Playing: 26.4
Courses Played: 135
Niced 951 Times in 416 Posts

Quote:
To be fair, NO ONE should have expected as good or better than Smashboxx on the first day out of the gate. That's just ridiculously unrealistic. If we're going to judge them fairly against Smashboxx, you gotta give them a couple tournaments to get their feet wet.
Disagree completely.

When they say "We are confident that the efficiencies created by our new media team structure and technology will allow us to create high-quality disc golf media right out of the gate" it's completely fair to criticize their first attempt.

https://www.dgpt.com/news/media-plan-part-2

Old 03-01-2019, 01:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 86
Niced 1,588 Times in 661 Posts

There wouldn’t be this level of criticism had Dodge not set the standard with his proclamation that the coverage would be better. If you put yourself out there like that and don’t deliver the criticism is justified whether the content is free or not.

Coverage today is way way better than yesterday’s dumpster fire but I’m not sure I’d call it better than last year yet.

Niced: (3)
Old 03-01-2019, 01:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
We disagree, and we'll continue to disagree. Dodge made bad decisions, business and otherwise, and the way he went about it vis-a-vis Smashboxx, CCDG, and Jomez, was handled worse than badly.
You have inside knowledge about how this was handled? I mean, it's fine if you're unhappy with the decisions or disagree with the decisions, but unless you're on the inside, how can you comment on how he handled his dealings with these parties?

I'm only going on what I saw and heard when Steve was on the Smashboxx podcast where the "firing" was announced publicly. They seemed to accept it amicably, and they're still working with Steve after the fact, so if THEY don't feel it was handled poorly enough to abandon Dodge and the tour, why should anyone else?

Niced: (4)

Old 03-01-2019, 01:03 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 87
Niced 97 Times in 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by _MTL_ View Post
Disagree completely.

When they say "We are confident that the efficiencies created by our new media team structure and technology will allow us to create high-quality disc golf media right out of the gate" it's completely fair to criticize their first attempt.

https://www.dgpt.com/news/media-plan-part-2
JC obviously has a different definition for "right out of the gate"

Niced: (1)