Old 03-02-2019, 04:24 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 13
Niced 404 Times in 158 Posts

FPO R2 B9:

They fixed the A/V sync issue!

They literally showed hole 12 twice and omitted hole 13!!! And the commentators are like WTF?!? It was LOL-funny.
Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2019, 04:40 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 672 Times in 321 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Regardless of motivation, regardless of benefit, regardless of revenue, it is still free to me. Yes, everything in life has the cost of time and forgone opportunities, if that is anyone's point. I was taught to be appreciative when people give me stuff.

When grandma gave a young ru4por a cookie, I was not allowed to go to the rest of the family and complain that it had nuts. I took it, gave grandma a kiss and gave the cookie to my sister on the sly. (she loves nuts) Shrug, maybe we all come from different walks in life.
I agree with the concept in principle, and was also taught gratitude growing up, but the relationship I have with my grandma and the relationship I have with Steve Dodge are not the same. The difference is that my Grandma wasn’t trying to make money off my love of cookies.

Niced: (4)
Old 03-02-2019, 04:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 36.4
Courses Played: 245
Niced 1,629 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC_Eddy View Post
I agree with the concept in principle, and was also taught gratitude growing up, but the relationship I have with my grandma and the relationship I have with Steve Dodge are not the same. The difference is that my Grandma wasn’t trying to make money off my love of cookies.
True. There is a difference in the motivation of the giver. But, does that entitle me to judgement with my gratitude? Maybe. I don't see it that way, but others may think that if the giver is benefiting, then the gift has strings. Though it might be said that all gifts come with a benefit. I derive great joy at giving someone something for free.

Time for MPO. Nice conversation fellas. I am not sure I am going to see it all the way that some others do, but that's ok.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:16 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 73
Niced 194 Times in 60 Posts
Default FPO

Also just watched FPO round 2...showing hole 11 twice and then on to 13 is a major gaffe...this is post-production...no excuse...this is so far below the current standard with Jomez and CCDG...

Niced: (1)
Old 03-02-2019, 06:25 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 14
Niced 135 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark996 View Post
So do you think we'll have to spend the rest of the year with this coverage or maybe they'll say..."hey guys our bad, let's get the post production crews back out here!"
It is possible that the sponsors will push back against the poor coverage if viewership remains reduced. Part of the plan for bringing media in house was because of conflict over having different & competing title sponsor and coverage sponsor - with past DGPT events you could have an Innova sponsored event with CCDG/Jomez produced coverage sponsored by Discraft. If the DGPT have sold the title sponsors on the idea that all those lovely eyeballs will now only see their name (and possibly increased the sponsorship amount based on that idea) - to then drastically reduced the number of eyeballs might remove any intended gain.

I don't know whether viewing numbers has any impact for the TD & the tournament itself. (My understanding is that tournaments agree to become a DGPT event and this brings them benefits.)
Old 03-02-2019, 06:38 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _MTL_ View Post
Disagree completely.

When they say "We are confident that the efficiencies created by our new media team structure and technology will allow us to create high-quality disc golf media right out of the gate" it's completely fair to criticize their first attempt.

https://www.dgpt.com/news/media-plan-part-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
Guess I do. Even having read that, I'm not going to expect that from second one of the first broadcast, everything is going to go off without a hitch and be perfect. That's insane and unrealistic. And I pity people who go through life with those kinds of expectations...they're going to be constantly disappointed.
Whatever negativity I'm feeling is based on a deeply held dislike of salesman/corporate speak bul****tery - coupled with poor project management/delivery.

Niced: (2)
Old 03-02-2019, 06:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.8
Courses Played: 150
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,598 Times in 1,498 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesethin View Post
It is possible that the sponsors will push back against the poor coverage if viewership remains reduced. Part of the plan for bringing media in house was because of conflict over having different & competing title sponsor and coverage sponsor - with past DGPT events you could have an Innova sponsored event with CCDG/Jomez produced coverage sponsored by Discraft. If the DGPT have sold the title sponsors on the idea that all those lovely eyeballs will now only see their name (and possibly increased the sponsorship amount based on that idea) - to then drastically reduced the number of eyeballs might remove any intended gain.

I don't know whether viewing numbers has any impact for the TD & the tournament itself. (My understanding is that tournaments agree to become a DGPT event and this brings them benefits.)
Remains to be seen on the post-produced viewcounts, but they're at 5000 viewers right now on the live. That seems in line with past numbers as far as I recall. Or put another way, that's not a noticeable drop in viewers for round three on a Saturday afternoon/evening.
Old 03-02-2019, 06:59 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 148
Niced 37 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesethin View Post
Whatever negativity I'm feeling is based on a deeply held dislike of salesman/corporate speak bul****tery - coupled with poor project management/delivery.
There's probably a drug they can prescribe you to forget that negativity man. You're the problem.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:00 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
Remains to be seen on the post-produced viewcounts, but they're at 5000 viewers right now on the live. That seems in line with past numbers as far as I recall. Or put another way, that's not a noticeable drop in viewers for round three on a Saturday afternoon/evening.
Yes, I can believe that the live coverage figures would be comparable quickly. Post production figures, it will be interesting to see how they grow over time. The Jomez R1F9 2018 Memorial coverage is at 112k views. Probably some repeat views in there. In terms of ad revenue/sponsorship, makes me think post production is where it's at. Is live coverage a long term investment?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Old 03-02-2019, 07:01 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdizzlefizzle View Post
.... You're the problem.
Why thank you. XX

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk