Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 09-10-2019, 11:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 580 Times in 426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
Lighten up, Francis.

I guess you were serious, I wasn't quite so serious about the flippy Trilogy garbage. I haven't thrown enough of them to form an opinion, though I've always found the claim of "trilogy glide" kinda humorous.

An Insanity with a touch of dome has great glide, that is indisputable.
I've thrown a LOT of trilogy drivers and almost all of them were flippy and inconsistent - I got a World and threw it on a hyzer with some wind and it turned into a roller....its supposed to be very OS. Halo, flip tastic, Pure ---yeah random flip ---- Trespass, great disc, but turns into a questionable fart after a couple tree hits. Harp.....ok that ones fine.
I like Trilogy Putter plastic (my favorite) and plenty of their discs are good, but sooooo many are just on the cusp with the stability where if it gets a certain speed or angle they just flip. So yeah Trilogy drivers (other than the Stiletto) are sometimes flippy. its weird.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2019, 11:43 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 821 Times in 561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
I've thrown a LOT of trilogy drivers and almost all of them were flippy and inconsistent - I got a World and threw it on a hyzer with some wind and it turned into a roller....its supposed to be very OS. Halo, flip tastic, Pure ---yeah random flip ---- Trespass, great disc, but turns into a questionable fart after a couple tree hits. Harp.....ok that ones fine.
I like Trilogy Putter plastic (my favorite) and plenty of their discs are good, but sooooo many are just on the cusp with the stability where if it gets a certain speed or angle they just flip. So yeah Trilogy drivers (other than the Stiletto) are sometimes flippy. its weird.
There's LOTS of Trilogy drivers that are not flippy.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:56 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 580 Times in 426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
There's LOTS of Trilogy drivers that are not flippy.
I'm sure there are, but I tried a lot of them and even the ones I liked (the Trespass) started GREAT, then eventually would randomly flip, like it wasn't flippy, but every now and then it would just turn and knife into a roller. I like the Stiletto a lot, i still bag those on occasion. Im sure the Enforcer and Giant are fine, etc. I liked the Raider a lot. So I know they have good discs, but I feel trilogy saturated their market with WAYYY too many overlapping discs and some of them just weren't the best design and the flight #'s were way off. etc etc. So I'm not bashing, just being real. I still like trilogy putter plastic the best and used to putt full time with Shields and or Marshal. I'd like to try an optoX explorer. but yeah in general my experience wasn't the best with the drivers. just sharing my experience brah
Old 09-10-2019, 12:13 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 229 Times in 71 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
Is that this year? Or since the beginning of the ion sales?
This was the same time frame as the graph, the last 12 months essentially.

Old 09-10-2019, 12:44 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 494 Times in 265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitedylan View Post
This was the same time frame as the graph, the last 12 months essentially.
Oh interesting. Thanks!