Old 08-13-2014, 04:17 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 8 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by curveball4 View Post
Chiefs have been made in the evo plastic. Not sure if they regular production yet but they have been made. The couple my buddy has aren't as flat as the baseline
How do they compare flight wise with a bit of dome?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2014, 06:16 PM
Sophomore

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 62
Niced 101 Times in 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by inscho View Post
Saw the Chief disc stamp. Gotta say I really like the art. Anyone know who does their stamps?
I stopped by the store, and was told they have someone new doing their designs. So be on the lookout for a bunch of new stamps! I picked up a new stamped Wizard, and it's pretty awesome also (I guess ... I'm not a good judge of pretty and crap.)

Sounded like they would liken a Chief to a Judge.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 39
Niced 14 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo View Post
Not sure, don't think he's ever thrown them
Old 08-13-2014, 10:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 6
Niced 45 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
If it is just a little dome, I would almost expect a little more glide with all the same properties. And I really don't think just a little dome would mess with the grip much. But I only speculate.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:04 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 44
Niced 666 Times in 389 Posts

I was at the Pro Worlds Fly Mart last night and they had lots of Chiefs. Mostly they were in softer plastics (something between S and SSS, I can't really feel much of a difference). I bought a couple with cool Portland Words stamps. I did see a few in Evo, but I didn't really handle them much, so I can't speak to the dome.

I own a really beautiful Wizard in Evo I bought a while back and the combination of the dome and the Evo plastic makes it feel completely different in the hand to me than a normal Wizard. I don't throw it much as a consequence. It looks awesome (swirly purple with a flag stamp); it just feels more like a Star BB Aviar to me than a Wizard.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:07 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 27
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a couple E Chiefs and they are moderately domey. They fly really well and I use them for driving on shorter holes all the time.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:18 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Ensor View Post
I stopped by the store, and was told they have someone new doing their designs. So be on the lookout for a bunch of new stamps! I picked up a new stamped Wizard, and it's pretty awesome also (I guess ... I'm not a good judge of pretty and crap.)

Sounded like they would liken a Chief to a Judge.
Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure the new person doing the stamp designs is Nikko's lady or sister or something. I believe she's the one who does those sweet Fly Life stamps with the wolf and whatnot that Prodigy has been putting on discs.

Also, I love my chiefs. I bag a couple and have two in E plastic and one that is in S. Use them for short driving and hyzer approaches that are little long or need more fade than my Warden can give it. Also are the BOMB for putting in any wind. They are so shallow it's like the wind just doesn't get to them.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:24 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 41
Niced 8 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbond View Post
Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure the new person doing the stamp designs is Nikko's lady or sister or something. I believe she's the one who does those sweet Fly Life stamps with the wolf and whatnot that Prodigy has been putting on discs.

Also, I love my chiefs. I bag a couple and have two in E plastic and one that is in S. Use them for short driving and hyzer approaches that are little long or need more fade than my Warden can give it. Also are the BOMB for putting in any wind. They are so shallow it's like the wind just doesn't get to them.
I haven't messed with putting as I am living my summits currently for that but I definitely noticed this in approaches today. Steady 15 mph wind with 25 gusts and I was doing some approach fieldwork. Of course my summits were useless approaching into that wind, but what really caught me by surprise was how much less the chief was blown around than my shields, especially into the wind. I've got an order in for a few more S Chiefs and I think shields will be out of the bag once they arrive. I was probably going to make the switch just because they are shallow enough to FH, but the wind fighting puts em over the top for me.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:03 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
I haven't messed with putting as I am living my summits currently for that but I definitely noticed this in approaches today. Steady 15 mph wind with 25 gusts and I was doing some approach fieldwork. Of course my summits were useless approaching into that wind, but what really caught me by surprise was how much less the chief was blown around than my shields, especially into the wind. I've got an order in for a few more S Chiefs and I think shields will be out of the bag once they arrive. I was probably going to make the switch just because they are shallow enough to FH, but the wind fighting puts em over the top for me.
Yeah it's pretty cool. They are neat discs. I never putted with them until I played a super windy tournament last month and I'm fairly certain they saved my round.

Old 08-14-2014, 05:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 6
Niced 45 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbond View Post
Yeah it's pretty cool. They are neat discs. I never putted with them until I played a super windy tournament last month and I'm fairly certain they saved my round.
When I first got my Chief, I was a little worried about straight putting with it. I like a deeper rim for putting. What I have found is that the Chief is a great tweener mold for me. It is just between a mid and putter for me. This is extremely useful for my game. I can even sidearm this disc pretty reliably. And my sidearm sucks. Bad. Once they do a big release of platinum evo, I can see the Chief in premium and base being huge in my bag.