Reptilian Disc Golf

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 549 Times in 217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
Thanks for the info. Love the name.

I think I really need an os disc for short flicks. Sometimes the zone is not enough but the gator is too much.
The Sobek has more LSS than the Gator so it might not be what you are looking for there.
I am really proud of the name though
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2015, 06:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 35
Niced 170 Times in 64 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iDiscGolf View Post
What plastic Harp is the most OS in your opinion?
If you want base plastic, definitely the Soft Harp. For premium, VIP is a little more OS than the Soft, but beats in to being fresh Soft stable pretty quickly. I've not yet checked out a TP Harp, but will definitely be grabbing one to check out as they're supposedly the most OS of all of the plastics.
Old 07-31-2015, 06:48 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am always on the hunt for a massively overstable putter and have tried the Zone and Harp in base plastic. I liked the Harp so much better I got one in premium plastic. I think it is Lucid and it is the realest. It's not quite a Pig but it gets the job done.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:26 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iDiscGolf View Post
What plastic Harp is the most OS in your opinion?

The flexibility and usefulness of the Harp in your words mixed with the various plastics make it seem like it gets used allot. Where as the zone is a one trick pony, however it's arguably the best out there at that utility role.

Both are good, I appreciate your insight into the Harp, as I've never thrown one. Yet...
In order of stability for me:
VIP>TP>Soft>Medium>Hard

The hard I've had seasoned quite a bit (6 months or so of hard use) and it will have the slightest of turn at 275' of power, and will hold straight for almost all of it's flight until the forward fade at the very end. It will also hold an anny line almost to the end when it slightly pans to settle nicely. I don't horde many discs, but I definitely have a fair share of harps because of what I can cover with them
Old 07-31-2015, 11:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 163
Niced 1,173 Times in 578 Posts

"All the different shots I can cover with them" has never been the reason I keep a zone in my bag. But for hyzers, skips, flicks and flexes, it can't be touched.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:02 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 24 Times in 10 Posts

I bagged a Zone and loved it. I used it for overhands, flicks, and backhand approaches from 200' in. I traded for a VIP harp and that's bagged now. I like the Harp better for backhand drives and approaches as I don't have to play the ample skip that the Zone has. It sticks. I don't like the Harp as much for the forehands. It's not as comfortable as the beadless Zone and the skip is actually not as big a deal on the forehand as it helped me range them better. The overhand is a wash as both are adequate for that type of shot when needed. I'm going to keep the Harp for now as I like the better plastic options and it seems the Zone mold might have changed as it's harder to find the board flat or puddle topped ESP's now.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:22 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 18
Niced 560 Times in 323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhSnap View Post
I don't like the Harp as much for the forehands. It's not as comfortable as the beadless Zone and the skip is actually not as big a deal on the forehand as it helped me range them better.

I'm going to keep the Harp for now as I like the better plastic options and it seems the Zone mold might have changed as it's harder to find the board flat or puddle topped ESP's now.
I agree with both of these sentiments, but I have gotten used to the bead on the Harp when throwing forehand. Rarely am I flicking the Harp more than about 80%. Unlike backhand where I generally prefer to throw hard any shot that is over 200 and let the disc do the work, with forehands I generally prefer to use a little more touch. Maybe because my form is not as great and I tend to roll my wrist if I throw too hard.

I love being able to get the Harp now in both styles of premium plastic fairly easily, although I haven't tried the TP yet. And having multiple blends of the more base style plastic is also a plus. Although too many choices can be a bad thing, I think this is just the right amount.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 32
Niced 44 Times in 37 Posts

I always carry a zone.
The harp feels too deep for me to throw comfortably.
Also, if I need a little longer, I use my Buzzz os.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:47 AM
Team Borderland

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 87
Niced 41 Times in 28 Posts

I use both (albeit in different bags).

I like the Zone for just about anything forehand thanks to the shallow profile. The Harp feels a tad deeper and is more comfortable for me as a backhand disc. On the same token, I feel much more comfortable using the Harp as a windy day putter. I don't think I could ever actually putt with the Zone.

So they're definitely different, and each has their merits. Only the Zone has a spot in my primary bag though, so it gets my vote.

Old 08-02-2015, 12:15 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 14 Times in 9 Posts
Default harp

I voted harp.
I use them in all plastics, bt hard for putting. seasoned bt medium for driving/ up shots and flicks that wont flex out. tp or vip for sidearm approach/drive. the zone feels like a midrange to me.

if your looking for more usefull fade and larger skips the zone is a much better choice imo. but if your looking for a low glide overstable point, crush and sit disc. the harp drops dueces on the zone. imho and the 5 different plastic options help too.