Old 05-26-2018, 11:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,007 Times in 583 Posts

The only thing about a Roc I wish a Comet would do, is break in to understable.

I have been tempted to buy a KC Pro and throw forehand rollers on our rocky course until it beats in understable

Maybe my glo swirl MJ Comet will beat in...dang slow mail is testing my chill
Sponsored Links

Last edited by wolfmandragon; 05-26-2018 at 11:04 PM.
Old 05-26-2018, 11:55 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 306 Times in 174 Posts

I've never beaten in a Roc because I've never thrown mids very much and a fresh Roc just isn't terribly useful for me. I had a KC briefly, but I just never threw it. I'd rather have been throwing several other discs for the lines it flew for me. But with how right on everyone was about the Comet, I feel like I need to get a DX or KC Roc and beat the snot out of it just to see.

Or just get a Z Comet to compliment this X...?

That fresh X was incredible today. Touch of hyzer and it flipped up to perfection on the uphill 245' hole that has been bothering me. Then was a laser for another 280'ish hole with a tight window. And believe it or not, flipped up flat and glided all the way down to the same distance that a ripped fairway usually ends up for me on a 400'+ downhill hole. Pin high, just no fade into the basket. Just stayed dead straight until it met the ground. It was beautiful.

Think a beat Roc could pull off the same stuff?
Old 05-27-2018, 12:52 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 106
Niced 102 Times in 65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
Apples to oranges. I bag the prophecy only(very Roc3ish). Oh yeah, and a comet goes in if the course calls for it.
Except for those short, one disc, putter courses, what course doesn't call for a Comet? At least to have on hand for scrambles? (real question)

Niced: (1)
Old 05-27-2018, 01:28 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 38
Niced 447 Times in 201 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmiller View Post
Yes. Especially in the hands of someone like Barry Schultz, Philo, etc.

Beat Rocs are great. Comets are great. But if the Comet is working for you, then stick with it. If you are really curious about a beat Roc, you can probably find someone who will let you throw one. Or find one in a used bin.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 724 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldst View Post
Except for those short, one disc, putter courses, what course doesn't call for a Comet? At least to have on hand for scrambles? (real question)
I carry a beat, slightly beat and fresh prophecy. Not all courses (IMO) do I carry a comet on (very few lines my prophecies can't handle) super wooded courses and the few where its a floaty, controlled dogleg right the comet's coming along. I'm not into bagging what I don't need. I scramble with a beat in 169g. Z Archer.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:59 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 549 Times in 257 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
Lose a fresh Roc? Whatever. I can get more. Lose a beat-in turnover Roc? It's Darth Vader time...

This post made me actually lol haha

Niced: (1)
Old 05-27-2018, 08:05 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 549 Times in 257 Posts

Question: I have several rocs in different flavors- champ roc3 and a flat top dx are bagged the most.

If I’m looking for a floaty, more understable type disc for backhand turnover finesse/touch shots for wooded holes, what comet would you recommend? Never thrown one and it’s a hole in my soul I’d like to fill.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:33 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 724 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmiller View Post
I've never beaten in a Roc because I've never thrown mids very much and a fresh Roc just isn't terribly useful for me. I had a KC briefly, but I just never threw it. I'd rather have been throwing several other discs for the lines it flew for me. But with how right on everyone was about the Comet, I feel like I need to get a DX or KC Roc and beat the snot out of it just to see.

Or just get a Z Comet to compliment this X...?

That fresh X was incredible today. Touch of hyzer and it flipped up to perfection on the uphill 245' hole that has been bothering me. Then was a laser for another 280'ish hole with a tight window. And believe it or not, flipped up flat and glided all the way down to the same distance that a ripped fairway usually ends up for me on a 400'+ downhill hole. Pin high, just no fade into the basket. Just stayed dead straight until it met the ground. It was beautiful.

Im fairly certain you could keep your x comet beat it in and grab a freshy compliment them with an ESP or Z/ Zglo depending on you. Before you know it youll have four x that all do unique things. Or you can do the KC pro Roc with an x comet if you dont change them out though eventually youll have overlap. As I stated earlier I keep a comet on hand just not in the bag always a second reason (other than the course) is for when I need something while I'm working a disc in to that slot.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:04 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 22
Niced 1,494 Times in 689 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
Question: I have several rocs in different flavors- champ roc3 and a flat top dx are bagged the most.

If I’m looking for a floaty, more understable type disc for backhand turnover finesse/touch shots for wooded holes, what comet would you recommend? Never thrown one and it’s a hole in my soul I’d like to fill.
Elite-X

The best Comet for what you want. Beat it in a little and they are magic.

Old 05-27-2018, 09:29 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 10
Niced 47 Times in 28 Posts

Don’t think it needs to be roc or comet as they compliment each other perfectly. A fresh stable roc pairs up well with comets. I use a wasp as I prefer throwing discraft. But same idea. Comets are pure magic though. My all time favorite mold.