#11  
Old 05-26-2018, 11:01 PM
wolfmandragon's Avatar
wolfmandragon wolfmandragon is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Morristown, TN
Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,463
Niced 1,007 Times in 583 Posts
Default

The only thing about a Roc I wish a Comet would do, is break in to understable.

I have been tempted to buy a KC Pro and throw forehand rollers on our rocky course until it beats in understable

Maybe my glo swirl MJ Comet will beat in...dang slow mail is testing my chill
Sponsored Links

Last edited by wolfmandragon; 05-26-2018 at 11:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-26-2018, 11:55 PM
jjmiller jjmiller is online now
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: back in IN
Posts: 499
Niced 306 Times in 174 Posts
Default

I've never beaten in a Roc because I've never thrown mids very much and a fresh Roc just isn't terribly useful for me. I had a KC briefly, but I just never threw it. I'd rather have been throwing several other discs for the lines it flew for me. But with how right on everyone was about the Comet, I feel like I need to get a DX or KC Roc and beat the snot out of it just to see.

Or just get a Z Comet to compliment this X...?

That fresh X was incredible today. Touch of hyzer and it flipped up to perfection on the uphill 245' hole that has been bothering me. Then was a laser for another 280'ish hole with a tight window. And believe it or not, flipped up flat and glided all the way down to the same distance that a ripped fairway usually ends up for me on a 400'+ downhill hole. Pin high, just no fade into the basket. Just stayed dead straight until it met the ground. It was beautiful.

Think a beat Roc could pull off the same stuff?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-27-2018, 12:52 AM
pauldst's Avatar
pauldst pauldst is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Redding, CA
Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 106
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,148
Niced 102 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
Apples to oranges. I bag the prophecy only(very Roc3ish). Oh yeah, and a comet goes in if the course calls for it.
Except for those short, one disc, putter courses, what course doesn't call for a Comet? At least to have on hand for scrambles? (real question)

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-27-2018, 01:28 AM
SaROCaM SaROCaM is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Courses Played: 38
Posts: 515
Niced 447 Times in 201 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmiller View Post
Think a beat Roc could pull off the same stuff?
Yes. Especially in the hands of someone like Barry Schultz, Philo, etc.

Beat Rocs are great. Comets are great. But if the Comet is working for you, then stick with it. If you are really curious about a beat Roc, you can probably find someone who will let you throw one. Or find one in a used bin.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-27-2018, 07:28 AM
Grippenripp Grippenripp is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Morrow OH.
Courses Played: 9
Posts: 2,324
Niced 724 Times in 507 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldst View Post
Except for those short, one disc, putter courses, what course doesn't call for a Comet? At least to have on hand for scrambles? (real question)
I carry a beat, slightly beat and fresh prophecy. Not all courses (IMO) do I carry a comet on (very few lines my prophecies can't handle) super wooded courses and the few where its a floaty, controlled dogleg right the comet's coming along. I'm not into bagging what I don't need. I scramble with a beat in 169g. Z Archer.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-27-2018, 07:59 AM
DoWork DoWork is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 724
Niced 549 Times in 257 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
Lose a fresh Roc? Whatever. I can get more. Lose a beat-in turnover Roc? It's Darth Vader time...



This post made me actually lol haha

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-27-2018, 08:05 AM
DoWork DoWork is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 724
Niced 549 Times in 257 Posts
Default

Question: I have several rocs in different flavors- champ roc3 and a flat top dx are bagged the most.

If I’m looking for a floaty, more understable type disc for backhand turnover finesse/touch shots for wooded holes, what comet would you recommend? Never thrown one and it’s a hole in my soul I’d like to fill.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-27-2018, 08:33 AM
Grippenripp Grippenripp is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Morrow OH.
Courses Played: 9
Posts: 2,324
Niced 724 Times in 507 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmiller View Post
I've never beaten in a Roc because I've never thrown mids very much and a fresh Roc just isn't terribly useful for me. I had a KC briefly, but I just never threw it. I'd rather have been throwing several other discs for the lines it flew for me. But with how right on everyone was about the Comet, I feel like I need to get a DX or KC Roc and beat the snot out of it just to see.

Or just get a Z Comet to compliment this X...?

That fresh X was incredible today. Touch of hyzer and it flipped up to perfection on the uphill 245' hole that has been bothering me. Then was a laser for another 280'ish hole with a tight window. And believe it or not, flipped up flat and glided all the way down to the same distance that a ripped fairway usually ends up for me on a 400'+ downhill hole. Pin high, just no fade into the basket. Just stayed dead straight until it met the ground. It was beautiful.

Think a beat Roc could pull off the same stuff?
Im fairly certain you could keep your x comet beat it in and grab a freshy compliment them with an ESP or Z/ Zglo depending on you. Before you know it youll have four x that all do unique things. Or you can do the KC pro Roc with an x comet if you dont change them out though eventually youll have overlap. As I stated earlier I keep a comet on hand just not in the bag always a second reason (other than the course) is for when I need something while I'm working a disc in to that slot.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-27-2018, 09:04 AM
Keller's Avatar
Keller Keller is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Above ground
Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,886
Niced 1,494 Times in 689 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
Question: I have several rocs in different flavors- champ roc3 and a flat top dx are bagged the most.

If I’m looking for a floaty, more understable type disc for backhand turnover finesse/touch shots for wooded holes, what comet would you recommend? Never thrown one and it’s a hole in my soul I’d like to fill.
Elite-X

The best Comet for what you want. Beat it in a little and they are magic.

Reply With Quote
 

  #20  
Old 05-27-2018, 09:29 AM
crater77 crater77 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: SL,UT
Courses Played: 10
Posts: 414
Niced 47 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Don’t think it needs to be roc or comet as they compliment each other perfectly. A fresh stable roc pairs up well with comets. I use a wasp as I prefer throwing discraft. But same idea. Comets are pure magic though. My all time favorite mold.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Roc cycle versus Comet 93EXCivic Discs 26 06-01-2017 11:37 AM
Comet vs Beat Roc Vorpaljesus Discs 22 07-25-2013 12:25 PM
11x roc&firebird, monster,flat top roc, CFR Gators,BB glow,Z drone, comet and crystal dankdisc The Marketplace 10 12-24-2011 02:34 PM
ROC, COMET, VECTOR Prototype The Marketplace 5 06-14-2011 11:33 AM
Comet, Roc, Condors Judge The Marketplace 4 09-03-2010 01:27 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.