Old 07-23-2019, 09:14 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 460 Times in 266 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
I've been told by sellers of discs that the midrange category is the least popular in terms of sales. It's understandable, too: what used to be a true middle-range disc is now at the slower end, and with 'fast putters'/approach discs gaining in popularity and many choosing to just gap up from there to slower fairway drivers, and with longer courses, the mid just isn't 'sexy', nor in people's wheelhouses. Or they'll have eight Destroyers, multiple fairway drivers, several putters... and only one (1) mid.
Mostly agree. Its not so much longer courses nessecarliy but I see very few rank and file regular joe players drive holes with a mid, even if they can reach it. Those that do often have that one or two mids they trust and many many drivers... including 2 firebirds and 3 Zeusi and a destroyer.

Now especially with the fast utility putters that boarder on mid. I know I use a Harp more like a mid and a utility putter, depends on the plastic. Zone, Harp, AviarX3, Berg all in there. LEt alone the Rat and the Envy... look how popular the Envy is. Its a putting putter and an approach disc and a mid for many people.

However I do think more people could/should throw mids more often. I'm kinda surprised but not really based on what I just said, that Emac Truth is the only Trilogy mid in there.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2019, 09:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 194
Niced 1,733 Times in 1,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
I bet 75% of those buying Destroyers probably have no business throwing them...
my thought was people were stocking up on the paul macbeth 4x steeze and try to flip them on fb
Old 07-23-2019, 09:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 46
Niced 3,827 Times in 1,635 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
my thought was people were stocking up on the paul macbeth 4x steeze and try to flip them on fb
That too...
Old 07-23-2019, 09:44 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 239 Times in 138 Posts

I can’t believe prodigy sales are lower than gateway. They make some quality discs and have 2 popular players regularly on coverage. Probably due to a lack of hype built up around limited discs.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-23-2019, 10:33 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 993 Times in 651 Posts

That and their naming system doesn’t inspire people to buy them. The M2 is a great disc, very similar to my Bards... but there is one I’d rather bag based on the name/stamp.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:34 PM
* Ace Member *

prodigy sits on shelves at every store around me

unless youre one of cales homies you typically dont throw it besides a random pa4 money here or there

Old 07-23-2019, 10:38 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,147 Times in 1,581 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
I can’t believe prodigy sales are lower than gateway. They make some quality discs and have 2 popular players regularly on coverage. Probably due to a lack of hype built up around limited discs.
I'm a little surprised, but on the flip side of the coin Prodigy discs are relatively expensive, often not available at all, and then not available in a good selection of weights and colors. For example, the M4 can't be found in 350 plastic, though that would be a great plastic to have M4s in and they'd sell well.

I'm not sure what Prodigy's financial condition is, but since that exodus of pros a while back, there haven't been a lot of ads for Prodigy discs and I can't remember the last time I saw a Prodigy video come out.

I hope they'll do something to turn things around; they've got some good molds and great plastics...

Old 07-23-2019, 10:58 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 102 Times in 79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
I bought six because I was afraid how Innova was going to potentially change the mold. Though, I think the six I bought were after McBeth announced the switch, so they wouldn't be counted in these numbers. I did buy a Wysocki Destroyer at a SockiBomb event and have to say it was a nice improvement.

On another note, I recall a lot of people here and on Reddit saying how Innova was going to take a hit to Discraft. It doesn't look like it was much of a hit.
Old 07-23-2019, 11:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydex View Post
I bought six because I was afraid how Innova was going to potentially change the mold. Though, I think the six I bought were after McBeth announced the switch, so they wouldn't be counted in these numbers. I did buy a Wysocki Destroyer at a SockiBomb event and have to say it was a nice improvement.

On another note, I recall a lot of people here and on Reddit saying how Innova was going to take a hit to Discraft. It doesn't look like it was much of a hit.
i was and am still surprised at how well the destroyer continues to sell after macbeths departure

there are die hards on facebook who support destroyer fb tb rocks and aviars to the end of their life spans and also probably wont ever be sponsored tho

Old 07-23-2019, 11:16 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 10
Niced 43 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Gateway sells many many Wizards, even people I know who are hardcore into Innova or Discraft still love them some Gateway putters, and while Prodigy has some nice plastic from what I've seen people that like Gateway generally buy stacks at a time instead of one disc.