Old 10-10-2018, 02:49 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 375 Times in 139 Posts

Sw22 has this nailed.

I will just add this, something I have learned from Mike Austin, It really is not about opening your lead hip, it is really about learning to rotate your trailing side around the post of the lead side.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2018, 11:15 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 298 Times in 193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley Walker View Post
Sw22 has this nailed.

I will just add this, something I have learned from Mike Austin, It really is not about opening your lead hip, it is really about learning to rotate your trailing side around the post of the lead side.
That's true, SW also has that rotation motion covered in I believe the Butt Wipe Drill.

It might be obvious by my lack of recent posting but I'm gonna take a quick hiatus from max distance work. 400-420' is more than enough to do well in MA2 and there are so many other facets of my game that are severely lacking, as my recent SpAm (5 round 3 day-er) result has taught me. I will say that I used to get a lot of soreness in my subscapularis muscle and all my soreness after this tourney was my constant hip flexor soreness. No shoulder soreness whatsoever. I'm gonna keep using my wacky wavy stuff and reciprocating dingle arm for warm-ups and getting back into that whippy feel and feeling the hip engagement.
Old 11-06-2018, 03:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,836 Times in 1,739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasissouth View Post
That's true, SW also has that rotation motion covered in I believe the Butt Wipe Drill.

It might be obvious by my lack of recent posting but I'm gonna take a quick hiatus from max distance work. 400-420' is more than enough to do well in MA2 and there are so many other facets of my game that are severely lacking, as my recent SpAm (5 round 3 day-er) result has taught me. I will say that I used to get a lot of soreness in my subscapularis muscle and all my soreness after this tourney was my constant hip flexor soreness. No shoulder soreness whatsoever. I'm gonna keep using my wacky wavy stuff and reciprocating dingle arm for warm-ups and getting back into that whippy feel and feeling the hip engagement.
Make sure you don't let the upper arm collapse less than 90 and also lock your wrist to transfer power to the disc.

Constant hip flexor soreness probably means you aren't in a dynamic neutral joint alignment.

Old 11-06-2018, 03:33 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Make sure you don't let the upper arm collapse less than 90 and also lock your wrist to transfer power to the disc.

Constant hip flexor soreness probably means you aren't in a dynamic neutral joint alignment.

My flexors have been garbage since high school and get sore from pretty much anything, jogging, hiking, ulti, you name it.

I'm sure I had some sort of upper body issues this past weekend as I couldn't hit a line in the woods to save my life.
Old 11-06-2018, 03:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasissouth View Post
My flexors have been garbage since high school and get sore from pretty much anything, jogging, hiking, ulti, you name it.

I'm sure I had some sort of upper body issues this past weekend as I couldn't hit a line in the woods to save my life.
You and Alex should come up for the unsanctioned Black Friday Growler tourney. Details are still being hashed out, thinking a singles round(winter layout/safari) at noon, then a BYOP doubles glow after dark for anyone that wants to hang around.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:06 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
You and Alex should come up for the unsanctioned Black Friday Growler tourney. Details are still being hashed out, thinking a singles round(winter layout/safari) at noon, then a BYOP doubles glow after dark for anyone that wants to hang around.
Sounds excellent, I'd love a growler of that yam beer. I don't think Alex can make it, and it's a bit of a hike for me, but I'll try and stay in the loop and see if I can make it.
Old 11-20-2018, 03:41 PM
Eagle Member

Found out why my lines were horrible at SpAm.
Right before I took a 2 week break I had been experimenting with a higher pull through, closer to where Heimburg and Simon have the disc vs Will.
I wasn't working but I forgot to stop doing it since I didn't practice the old way. Anyway, got that ironed out mostly and I was back to my previous consistency (which is not great, but workable)

Also shout out to just pre-cocking the wrist for a forehand, this is the most confident I've been in my sidearm ever.
Old 11-22-2018, 10:49 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Can't make it tomorrow, got some old friends in town sadly.

good luck with the tourny!
Old 01-18-2019, 03:40 PM
Eagle Member

It's been a minute since I've posted on here.
You can see the cracks in my form magnified as I go up in power on these throws. Luckily my touch upshot and putting game has been coming along pretty well.
Let's see how many edits I need before I can remember how to embed properly. Also Bradley, between this slow motion and the ability to go frame by frame in youtube using , and . you can get a good look at how extended I'm getting toward the release point.

Hope everyone is having a happy winter!

Old 01-18-2019, 04:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Look at where Eagle's butt is relative the rear foot and head compared to yours.
Hershyzer and Door Frame Drills leading with the butt first:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 3.16.27 PM.jpg (54.2 KB, 48 views)