Old 07-28-2019, 12:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 864 Times in 456 Posts

A 16-year old just won Finnish Nationals in MPO
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2019, 12:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,801 Times in 1,007 Posts

Paige and Cats tactics on 16 is SOOO bad . . the young Heather plays smart, it´s just odd to see
Old 07-28-2019, 12:32 PM
I'm With Her

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,358 Times in 1,722 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvphobic View Post
FWIW. You know you can fast forward in YouTube, right? Just sayin'.
Yes, but it's not the same thing. Post-produced has its place, and a good place, and fast forwarding the live stream is not a replacement.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-28-2019, 12:52 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 98 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Every commentating crew has their own feel. Both Dixon and McCall are very good at what they do. Dixon comes prepped with more stats and info than any other person in our sport, post or live. McCall is a natural behind the mic and possibly the best voice of our sport. They are friends, and sometimes get a bit silly. Frankly, I don't mind.

I can understand that people wouldn't like him calling out all the Superchat messages, but guess what... it drove MORE Superchat messages. In fact, it drove the most Superchat we have seen (without giving away stuff). And if we can make a few hundred bucks from that, I am willing to sacrifice what some see as the professionalism of the broadcast for the cold hard cash. That may make me sound cheap, but frankly it isn't like any of us are making fat bank doing this.

I hope everyone enjoys the final day of broadcasts. 9am & 3:30 EST.
I’m already on record as hating the live coverage, but I do try to tune in each time it’s available, not to hate on it, but in hopes I will be won over and enjoy it.

The closest I got was the final round of the Portland Open, but right when Eagle missed that putt the picture started glitching so I just turned it off...

Anyway, tuning in yesterday and hearing Dixon’s constant attempts at humorous banter and McCall’s not stop Superchat call outs had me turning it off even quicker than usual. It sounded like McCall was even annoyed at some of his nonsense.

I would have muted it and kept watching but the glacial pace of play is still the major sticking point with me.

The picture was clear. The hole preview drone footage seemed slowed down or at odds with the FPS or something, and was essentially useless.

Suggesting we FFWD through 4 hours of coverage to see 2 hours of action is really stupid, by the way. It’s not the viewer’s responsibility to remove or fill in the dead air in the broadcast...

Old 07-28-2019, 12:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4,621 Times in 1,937 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alobar View Post
I’m already on record as hating the live coverage, but I do try to tune in each time it’s available, not to hate on it, but in hopes I will be won over and enjoy it.

The closest I got was the final round of the Portland Open, but right when Eagle missed that putt the picture started glitching so I just turned it off...

Anyway, tuning in yesterday and hearing Dixon’s constant attempts at humorous banter and McCall’s not stop Superchat call outs had me turning it off even quicker than usual. It sounded like McCall was even annoyed at some of his nonsense.

I would have muted it and kept watching but the glacial pace of play is still the major sticking point with me.

The picture was clear. The hole preview drone footage seemed slowed down or at odds with the FPS or something, and was essentially useless.

Suggesting we FFWD through 4 hours of coverage to see 2 hours of action is really stupid, by the way. It’s not the viewer’s responsibility to remove or fill in the dead air in the broadcast...

Old 07-28-2019, 01:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,801 Times in 1,007 Posts

Well done Heather, not often a non-sponsored player takes 4th in such a big tournament

Old 07-28-2019, 01:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 2,054 Times in 487 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alobar View Post

You seem to have a very low tolerance to any sort of issues. Live probably isn't for you.

Actually yes it IS the viewer's responsibility to FF thru parts they don't find interesting. As it is for ANY live sports. Whether it is commercials, stats, rain delay, etc. Like it or not, that is how live sports works. Guess what, I watch post production stuff at 1.5 speed with no commentary. I manually skip thru parts of that too.

And what you call a "glacial" pace of play, some of us call building actual drama. No problem. To each their own. You do you. I am not trying to convince you to watch, frankly I don't care if people do or don't at this point. Most have made up their mind. There are thousands of people who enjoy it regularly and I am pretty happy with that.

Old 07-28-2019, 02:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 40
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,375 Times in 530 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

How do you fast forward during live coverage? You can't watch what hasn't happened yet....or am I an old man missing something?
Old 07-28-2019, 02:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 2,054 Times in 487 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
How do you fast forward during live coverage? You can't watch what hasn't happened yet....or am I an old man missing something?
You don't have the "into the future" YouTube plugin? Just kidding. It was referring to fast forwarding watching live coverage after the fact.

Old 07-28-2019, 03:01 PM
I'm With Her

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,358 Times in 1,722 Posts

Quote:
Actually yes it IS the viewer's responsibility to FF thru parts they don't find interesting. As it is for ANY live sports. Whether it is commercials, stats, rain delay, etc. Like it or not, that is how live sports works.
No, it's not. Live sports has no fast forward.

Furthermore to this point, the whole point of alobar's comment was that we should not have to fast forward through live stream as a lousy substitute for good post-produced content like that normally provided by Jomez and CCDG.

If you (plural) want your (plural) future PPV to work, you (plural) need to respect the viewers and what they're trying to tell you, rather than constantly pushing back against good information.