Old 12-05-2019, 03:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4,638 Times in 1,944 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Paul said on the "Foundation DiscGolf" latest video that the 5th disc in his own line will be a Driver.

"if you like the Zeus but want more distance" is what he said about it
Well my disinterest in McBeth's disc line is certainly continuing.
Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2019, 07:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 802 Times in 624 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Paul said on the "Foundation DiscGolf" latest video that the 5th disc in his own line will be a Driver.

"if you like the Zeus but want more distance" is what he said about it
I won't call the Zeus a bad disc, but Discraft (and Paul) really didn't need it in their lineup. Turns out there's already a perfect speed 12 disc that Discraft has made for years.... the Punisher. I have zero clue why Paul ignored the Punisher and had Discraft make the Zeus/Kong. If anything I believe the Punisher is a better overall flier than the Zeus/Kong. Thrown head to head I was simply having more success with it.

As for a faster, longer disc, they already have one of those too.... the Nuke. I'm always interested to see new discs, but it doesn't seem that Discraft is really covering any new ground with another fast, long driver.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 230 Times in 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
I won't call the Zeus a bad disc, but Discraft (and Paul) really didn't need it in their lineup. Turns out there's already a perfect speed 12 disc that Discraft has made for years.... the Punisher. I have zero clue why Paul ignored the Punisher and had Discraft make the Zeus/Kong. If anything I believe the Punisher is a better overall flier than the Zeus/Kong. Thrown head to head I was simply having more success with it.

As for a faster, longer disc, they already have one of those too.... the Nuke. I'm always interested to see new discs, but it doesn't seem that Discraft is really covering any new ground with another fast, long driver.
The punisher has only been around a couple years. I myself tried it and wasn’t too fond of it. I’m sure Paul tried it as well and most likely didn’t like the feel of the disc. That’s really the main reasons I feel like Paul has his own line, not necessarily to fill holes in the lineup, but to make a similar flying disc that feels better in his hands. I really would have thought he would try to make a speed 7-8 fairway driver instead of a speed 13. But like all the others I’m sure there is a reason he wants a speed 13 in the lineup. At this point I’m more curious to see the success of Paiges putter and based off that success what kind of molds she would bring as Paige is less picky about feel and more picky about flight. I’m sure as she has thrown discraft before, she knows what the disc lineup could be supplemented with.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:10 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 146 Times in 114 Posts

I’m thinking this is going to be a shryke-like disc, one he really likes throwing for big FH distance. Like Eagle with his PD2’s and DD3’s, but for peak human instead of peak Olympian.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-05-2019, 09:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 30
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2,162 Times in 701 Posts

The Zeus was made so Paul could own the mold. Same reason the Anax was made even though the Vulture exists. I'd imagine sales were considerably better for Paul's molds in less than a year than the entirety of the Punisher and Vulture.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsammons View Post
I’m thinking this is going to be a shryke-like disc, one he really likes throwing for big FH distance. Like Eagle with his PD2’s and DD3’s, but for peak human instead of peak Olympian.
Potentially, but while Paul does have a solid forehand, he doesn’t have Eagles forehand and a faster disc isn’t going to change that.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:30 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan037 View Post
Potentially, but while Paul does have a solid forehand, he doesn’t have Eagles forehand and a faster disc isn’t going to change that.
Unsure of the exact quote. But from what Jolt said was just “more distance”-a disc designed to have better glide worth less stability gives “more distance”
Old 12-05-2019, 09:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Unsure of the exact quote. But from what Jolt said was just “more distance”-a disc designed to have better glide worth less stability gives “more distance”
That’s true but the disc still has to get up to speed
Old 12-05-2019, 09:39 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan037 View Post
That’s true but the disc still has to get up to speed
McB still forehands up to 400+, that’s certainly up to speed for that style of disc

Not being argumentative just what I feel the reason would be for him to get such a disc made

Old 12-05-2019, 09:58 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 157 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:

I don’t bag either but isn’t the Shryke pretty much a Thrasher?