Old 02-09-2020, 12:01 AM
Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 169
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,525 Times in 1,168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
Because golf is a game (not life) and it’s based on stability and repetition. Do people spend countless hours practicing with specific equipment down to the weight just so they can change it later? It goes against the whole point of the game. Yeah change is inevitable but it’s not something you should prefer. In golf.
No disc is made in a hermetically sealed laboratory to exact specifications. If they were designed and manufactured to such exactness they would cost way, way more than $20. We think a lot of our equipment but at the end of the day they're plastic frisbees. It's your job to know what they do, not the manufacturer's job to make you a disc to your exact specs. If you think you're entitled to that treatment, you're free to go on tour and out-duel Paul and Ricky and Paige to earn your own signature discs.

Even then, you will get x of the same mold and no two will fly exactly alike because this is disc golf, not formula 1.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 02-09-2020, 12:09 AM
Banned

Niced 8 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
No disc is made in a hermetically sealed laboratory to exact specifications. If they were designed and manufactured to such exactness they would cost way, way more than $20. We think a lot of our equipment but at the end of the day they're plastic frisbees. It's your job to know what they do, not the manufacturer's job to make you a disc to your exact specs. If you think you're entitled to that treatment, you're free to go on tour and out-duel Paul and Ricky and Paige to earn your own signature discs.

Even then, you will get x of the same mold and no two will fly exactly alike because this is disc golf, not formula 1.
A lot of false statements here. They’re definitely designed to exact specifications. That’s why we have several different molds. You know what a mold is, right? It allows them to produce the exact same thing over and over. Obviously there will be slight differences because of variance in materials but the specific measurements will be there. This is why PDGA has an approved list of every disc and the exact specifications of each. And you call that just plastic frisbees? You don’t need to be Paul Mcbeth to realize the difference between putter molds.
Old 02-09-2020, 12:18 AM
Banned

Niced 8 Times in 7 Posts

I don’t even think they’re designing discs to Paul’s specifications. Entitled? You took a big U turn there. Nobody here ever acted like they deserve special treatment. Actually I said that an enjoyable thing is FINDING that disc that fits. Paul didn’t design anything LOL
Old 02-09-2020, 12:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 75
Niced 328 Times in 191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
Yo, what do you use your Atom for? Trying to decide if I should try one for a driving putter.
The electrons are for US approach duties. Very fun to throw.

The neutrons are super straight and glidey. Feels really small in the hand. Almost feels like a catch disc

Niced: (1)
Old 02-09-2020, 12:28 AM
*Administrator*

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 133
Niced 781 Times in 412 Posts

Quote:
A lot of false statements here. They’re definitely designed to exact specifications. That’s why we have several different molds. You know what a mold is, right? It allows them to produce the exact same thing over and over. Obviously there will be slight differences because of variance in materials but the specific measurements will be there. This is why PDGA has an approved list of every disc and the exact specifications of each. And you call that just plastic frisbees? You don’t need to be Paul Mcbeth to realize the difference between putter molds.
not true... discs made on the same day with the same plastic will fly with negligible difference... make that disc again on a different day and it may mold up differently and fly differently...sometimes very noticeable. That occurs with things like barometric variances or humidity, temperature, etc are in play...and they are always a factor.
dave is mostly correct with his statement... the disc made today may fly like your other one made a month ago...or may not... YMMV with every disc
Old 02-09-2020, 12:31 AM
Banned

Niced 8 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noill View Post
not true... discs made on the same day with the same plastic will fly with negligible difference... make that disc again on a different day and it may mold up differently and fly differently...sometimes very noticeable. That occurs with things like barometric variances or humidity, temperature, etc are in play...and they are always a factor.
dave is mostly correct with his statement... the disc made today may fly like your other one made a month ago...or may not... YMMV with every disc
False. If the variables stay the same, it will fly the same. But tell me when you and Dave threw the disc the exact same way two times in a row in the exact same conditions to even make that comment. The discs stay the same. You don’t.
Old 02-09-2020, 12:33 AM
*Administrator*

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 133
Niced 781 Times in 412 Posts

Quote:
False. If the variables stay the same, it will fly the same. But tell me when you and Dave threw the disc the exact same way two times in a row in the exact same conditions to even make that comment. The discs stay the same. You don’t.
you are simply wrong...I'll take my answer offline.
Old 02-09-2020, 12:34 AM
Banned

Niced 8 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noill View Post
you are simply wrong...I'll take my answer offline.
It was an honest question. That you can’t answer.

You were just stating what we both already said. That obviously there’s going to be slight differences in materials. But a mold is a mold. It doesn’t change unless someone changes it. It’s just 100% fact that they’re designed to specific measurements. Common knowledge really....
Old 02-09-2020, 12:48 AM
Banned

Niced 8 Times in 7 Posts

Man. That should be an automatic lifetime ban for calling them plastic frisbees. Killin me smalls! LOL

Old 02-09-2020, 12:50 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.9
Courses Played: 29
Niced 170 Times in 86 Posts

I’ve been using the same driver for 20 years. Said no golfer, ever.