* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,409 Times in 812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmoset View Post
This. But not an Electron Envy.
It isn’t too difficult for me to get a small turn out of my Electron Envys. Proton (Champ) or Neutron (Star) is a good place to start.

Depending on how far you throw, other choices might also be available… But the Envy will definitely do what you want.
Really? Now I am curious. Which of the Electon plastics are you using? How much distance are you throwing?

I see no turn out of my Electron Firms; most people I would think have OAT, but I have seen your videos and your form is clean. You must be throwing a lot farther than me.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2020, 10:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.9
Niced 1,123 Times in 484 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
Really? Now I am curious. Which of the Electon plastics are you using? How much distance are you throwing?

I see no turn out of my Electron Firms; most people I would think have OAT, but I have seen your videos and your form is clean. You must be throwing a lot farther than me.
I don't really know which Electron plastic I'm using. I guess it feels firm? I just throw what Infinite sent me. I have 5 other E Envies and they all feel similarly stiff. They are decently stiffer than my Electron Pilot that Infinite also sent me (my Christmas Scorpion stamp)

300' with an envy isn't really an issue... I know I can get them out past 325' but that's not a throw I ever use on the golf course. On the course, I'm usually looking at a midrange if the hole is longer than 280'. At 280, the E Envys are definitely turning a little.

photo in case it helps"

Niced: (1)
Old 02-04-2020, 11:59 PM

Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Out of curiosity, anyone care to weigh in on the chances we see a Cosmic Neutron Tesla in 2020 (that, like the CN Volt, is more OS than the other plastics)?
Old 02-09-2020, 03:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 5
Niced 932 Times in 646 Posts

Played a fun round today, Envy SE eclipse 165 + 165 neutron relay vs a 170 plasma proxy and 152 Crave..

Played a Cali setup between the pairs interesting how the crave and envy are similar like the proxy relay. Short end of it is the proxy won by one stroke and a great putt through the Bush.

Old 02-09-2020, 04:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,409 Times in 812 Posts

I am not familiar with the term 'Cali setup''. Would you expand on this please?
Old 02-09-2020, 08:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 53
Niced 4,896 Times in 2,566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
I am not familiar with the term 'Cali setup''. Would you expand on this please?
That's like when there isn't an even number for a weekly dubs night and the odd man out gets 1 extra throw per hole.

Old 02-09-2020, 09:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 5
Niced 932 Times in 646 Posts

Envy vs Proxy.. Last chance before sunset rematch..

So the sweet dyed Evil Dead Envy rolls up on the Proxy lookin all badass: "so you beat up my slow eclipse brother eh think your hot? He can't fly lines like I can I challenge you to a showdown.". And thats how it starts in my head.
Proxy like "sure man but my bro the fission Tesla is coming to keep the peace" n
Envy: "dark red plasma wave can be my second, it's on Donkey Kong"

Proxy takes honors on one, nice easy flex, a little short but in two tree jail... Envy tees up and flexes a sweet and much better placed anhyzer.. Proxy gets the shakes, "Hey man that's kinda my shot" fudges for a 3.. Envy taps in... "told ya bud"

#2 proxy rides a sweet straight tight S line, Envy tees up a laser, both bird

#3 the separator, tight tunnel, light anny flex to a hard finish.. Envy says "watch this s###" .. And slides an almost perfect line but a blind tree leaves him outside the circle. Proxy goes for a straight shot but a little too much turn and gets greased by a cedar, misses a the 3 on a bad straddle putt.. Envy tees up a long floaty spushlob.. And floats in for another 2. "Ain't no big thing"

#3 Envy takes honors and a line a little wider than planned floats in for a 8' longer two, proxy runs out of gas short of an ace and taps in....

Proxy: "I'm on you now, my blue buddy 163 fission Tesla is going to beat your ass!" And he does, a blazing flick that turned a little too much in a surprising late turning move.. But misses two trees and folds back.. But no "bong" .. I'm parked sucka!

Red wave pooos itself twice, Envy pulls an amazing deep anhyzer but short.. Shaken misses the 4.. Ouch.

Since they were lazy the cut across to Mirkwood on 10 and Proxy tried for an ace hit the lone big tree near the tone 3' short and rolled for a 3.. Envy tries to ace better and parks for a two. "My maths not great I play for fun but I think we are tied again.."

#11 2nd pics I posted.. Envy tees up and blazes under the hanging tonal.. Proxy tries but turns too much and then scuffs out looking for a brave 2 but settles for a 3. "What kind of A hole has a hanger.. You have an advantage.. Second putt.."
Envy: "I do.." For a 2.

#12 long tunnel E:" it's getting dark sure you don't want to give up and not get lost Mr dark blue proxy?" ... P: "bring it Bitch..". Envy tees up floats like a butterfly but fades like an Envy misses acing just over top, possibly short and flies deep. Proxy fiddles with his grip and let's it rip dusting short tries an anny and gets three.. Envy drops a putt for a two..

P: " my buddy's going to kick your ass again!"...
E: "yeah I'm sure he could but my buddy is too dark to play in twilight.. Tell you what, one hole, modified shorter distance, if you bird and I don't you win, winner take all"
Done!

Envy feeling confident tees up, good power maybe a little left, sound of two tree branches and maybe salaal... not bad.. Proxy tees up flies a short turnover up the steepish hill and plants about 20' off.. Taps in for a two.. And starts harping on the Envy.. "Its gotta be tough to lose your best disc eh?" 15 min later and ready to DNF without a cell phone light Envy is finally spotted in the bush, on edge about 35' back, uphill at that awkward distance... Shaken but unstoppable he tees up but eases off of a laser with an overspun push sort of putt and misses left... Proxy wins but doesn't bother talking s### he got lucky and he knows he has to do better next time.

Last edited by ThrowaEnvy; 02-09-2020 at 09:41 PM.
Old 02-09-2020, 10:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 7
Niced 735 Times in 396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Envy vs Proxy.. Last chance before sunset rematch..

So the sweet dyed Evil Dead Envy rolls up on the Proxy lookin all badass: "so you beat up my slow eclipse brother eh think your hot? He can't fly lines like I can I challenge you to a showdown.". And thats how it starts in my head.
Proxy like "sure man but my bro the fission Tesla is coming to keep the peace" n
Envy: "dark red plasma wave can be my second, it's on Donkey Kong"

Proxy takes honors on one, nice easy flex, a little short but in two tree jail... Envy tees up and flexes a sweet and much better placed anhyzer.. Proxy gets the shakes, "Hey man that's kinda my shot" fudges for a 3.. Envy taps in... "told ya bud"

#2 proxy rides a sweet straight tight S line, Envy tees up a laser, both bird

#3 the separator, tight tunnel, light anny flex to a hard finish.. Envy says "watch this s###" .. And slides an almost perfect line but a blind tree leaves him outside the circle. Proxy goes for a straight shot but a little too much turn and gets greased by a cedar, misses a the 3 on a bad straddle putt.. Envy tees up a long floaty spushlob.. And floats in for another 2. "Ain't no big thing"

#3 Envy takes honors and a line a little wider than planned floats in for a 8' longer two, proxy runs out of gas short of an ace and taps in....

Proxy: "I'm on you now, my blue buddy 163 fission Tesla is going to beat your ass!" And he does, a blazing flick that turned a little too much in a surprising late turning move.. But misses two trees and folds back.. But no "bong" .. I'm parked sucka!

Red wave pooos itself twice, Envy pulls an amazing deep anhyzer but short.. Shaken misses the 4.. Ouch.

Since they were lazy the cut across to Mirkwood on 10 and Proxy tried for an ace hit the lone big tree near the tone 3' short and rolled for a 3.. Envy tries to ace better and parks for a two. "My maths not great I play for fun but I think we are tied again.."

#11 2nd pics I posted.. Envy tees up and blazes under the hanging tonal.. Proxy tries but turns too much and then scuffs out looking for a brave 2 but settles for a 3. "What kind of A hole has a hanger.. You have an advantage.. Second putt.."
Envy: "I do.." For a 2.

#12 long tunnel E:" it's getting dark sure you don't want to give up and not get lost Mr dark blue proxy?" ... P: "bring it Bitch..". Envy tees up floats like a butterfly but fades like an Envy misses acing just over top, possibly short and flies deep. Proxy fiddles with his grip and let's it rip dusting short tries an anny and gets three.. Envy drops a putt for a two..

P: " my buddy's going to kick your ass again!"...
E: "yeah I'm sure he could but my buddy is too dark to play in twilight.. Tell you what, one hole, modified shorter distance, if you bird and I don't you win, winner take all"
Done!

Envy feeling confident tees up, good power maybe a little left, sound of two tree branches and maybe salaal... not bad.. Proxy tees up flies a short turnover up the steepish hill and plants about 20' off.. Taps in for a two.. And starts harping on the Envy.. "Its gotta be tough to lose your best disc eh?" 15 min later and ready to DNF without a cell phone light Envy is finally spotted in the bush, on edge about 35' back, uphill at that awkward distance... Shaken but unstoppable he tees up but eases off of a laser with an overspun push sort of putt and misses left... Proxy wins but doesn't bother talking s### he got lucky and he knows he has to do better next time.
Somebody get this guy some help..... pronto....lol

Old 02-10-2020, 08:53 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,208 Times in 779 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
Somebody get this guy some help..... pronto....lol
We read a lot of inane crap on here... I liked the narrative lol.

Old 02-10-2020, 10:04 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 7
Niced 735 Times in 396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
We read a lot of inane crap on here... I liked the narrative lol.
Oh me too! That was one of my favorite posts I've read on here in a loooong time.