Old 02-16-2020, 11:43 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 931 Times in 778 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
I've been throwing Stalkers for a long time & have always thought them to be glidey. Doth Savek is up in the mountains & that elevation gives it a different flight? I completely agree with the lack of lateral movement.
Lack of movement is correct. I suspect the bead has something to do with the mold getting stuck on the flight path the disc is on when it comes out of players hand. Meaning the disc will fly at the exact angle until the dropping but still forward fade.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2020, 11:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 12
Niced 490 Times in 349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennesseetailor View Post
Somehow you managed to describe exactly what I was looking for.

I'm also a heavy midrange thrower. I bag 5-6 Rocs at any given time to get me anything up to 340ish but I need something to bridge the gap from Rocs to Thunderbirds. I had issues with the glide FDs have and I never did get comfortable with Leo3s. F5s were the closest thing I came to liking, but they were far too eager to turnover. I will definitely be giving Stalkers a shot at filling this slot. Thanks!
Stalkers have less glide than FDs for sure, but they aren't glideless. I can push my Ti out as far as my Undertakers as long as there isn't a ceiling. I've got a fresh Z and a swirly Ti that I haven't thrown yet (weather hasn't cooperated with my schedule) but I will let you know if they differ from what I'm used to (I doubt it but maybe).

On another note PP will have ESP Stalkers as a sig disc so finally stock ESP Stalkers. My wallet is going to hate me. Now if we could only get X Wasps.
Old 02-16-2020, 11:54 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 641 Times in 242 Posts

I want the good weather to get here so I have an excuse to buy some new plastic.
Old 02-17-2020, 12:08 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 25
Niced 931 Times in 778 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Ogre View Post
I want the good weather to get here so I have an excuse to buy some new plastic.

for me to use some newer plastic from last year, some of the Stalkers I have. Got some of the last of the PFN Stalkers at 170-172 grams. I would like to use them or at least lone out a Stalker to friends frustrated with having a consistent Eagle to use during the round when I am playing.
Old 02-17-2020, 03:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,805 Times in 1,009 Posts

Wonder why she took ESP for the Stalker? From what i can remember all of her fairways with DD was in Lucid plastic

So i was sure she would pick the Stalker in Z
Old 02-17-2020, 07:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.9
Courses Played: 32
Niced 695 Times in 420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Wonder why she took ESP for the Stalker? From what i can remember all of her fairways with DD was in Lucid plastic

So i was sure she would pick the Stalker in Z
We've needed another plastic option.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-17-2020, 07:07 AM
Par Member

Niced 46 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
Stalkers have less glide than FDs for sure, but they aren't glideless. I can push my Ti out as far as my Undertakers as long as there isn't a ceiling. I've got a fresh Z and a swirly Ti that I haven't thrown yet (weather hasn't cooperated with my schedule) but I will let you know if they differ from what I'm used to (I doubt it but maybe).

On another note PP will have ESP Stalkers as a sig disc so finally stock ESP Stalkers. My wallet is going to hate me. Now if we could only get X Wasps.
My assumption and hope is that they wouldn’t be glideless and fall out of the sky, just not have the 6 glide that FDs have. If they have the 5 glide as advertised and I can find them in a somewhat grippy plastic (the Z and ESP plastic I’ve had has been very slick) then I should be happy. How does the Cryztal compare?

I plan on picking up a swirly Ti and Z for starters, maybe a Cryztal or I can find one. I do like the PP stamps a lot more than all the McBeth claws I see everywhere.
Old 02-17-2020, 08:04 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,310 Times in 647 Posts

Quote:
I've been throwing Stalkers for a long time & have always thought them to be glidey. Doth Savek is up in the mountains & that elevation gives it a different flight? I completely agree with the lack of lateral movement.
Agreed - it is a slightly wider diameter driver (which I love). With the additional plastic options available right now I'll probably put them back in the bag. I'd prefer to pair cryztal and ESP.
Old 02-17-2020, 08:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.9
Courses Played: 32
Niced 695 Times in 420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennesseetailor View Post
My assumption and hope is that they wouldn’t be glideless and fall out of the sky, just not have the 6 glide that FDs have. If they have the 5 glide as advertised and I can find them in a somewhat grippy plastic (the Z and ESP plastic I’ve had has been very slick) then I should be happy. How does the Cryztal compare?

I plan on picking up a swirly Ti and Z for starters, maybe a Cryztal or I can find one. I do like the PP stamps a lot more than all the McBeth claws I see everywhere.
I've never thought any of my Z Stalkers were slick. They've always had good grip. I would easily give them a glide of 5. Can't go wrong with a stock Z in the color you want.

Old 02-17-2020, 08:56 AM
Par Member

Niced 46 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
I've never thought any of my Z Stalkers were slick. They've always had good grip. I would easily give them a glide of 5. Can't go wrong with a stock Z in the color you want.
The Z and ESP Zones I've tried have been super slick, which might be one of the reason I never liked the disc (blasphemy, I know). But I've had Forces and Vultures from a couple seasons ago in Z that felt great. Maybe that's more to do with more recent runs of Zones.

I'll start with Z and probably Cryztal and see what happens. And since I'm stuck inside waiting out the last bit of winter to go away, I'll probably end up with a swirly Ti or two...