Old 06-30-2018, 05:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 21 Times in 18 Posts
Default Animage's 2018 back at it Bag

Well. I think it's been almost 3 years since I was tossing regularly.

https://imgur.com/q09smd7

Currently throwing wizards to around 200. Driving with putter form is off and Rocs definitely masked it. Haven't used a putter to drive with once in the last 3 years.
Rocs to around 230-250. Probably on the 230 side lately. I don't flip these discs.
Leopards to around 280. Teebirds slightly more but with obvious fade. Leopards do not turn over much anymore compared to where I used to be. I lost around 30-50 feet. Teebirds used to be my disc for 300 and a roadrunner/sidewinder/valk could go 330. Never got passed that range. My roadrunner is currently going same 280 as leopards but will actually hold a turn longer.

Slowest to fastest.

175g Soft Wizard x 2 - Putting, one is fresher
175g Soft Wizard x 2 - Driving and approaching
175 Star Stingray - Understable until a Roc is
174 DX Roc Flattop x 2 - One is ancient but still not a turnover, second is backup
173 KC Pro Roc - Older run with the firm and chalky grip, more overstable than the DXs.

166 Pro Leopard - Working it in
167 Star Leopard - Older but still less turn than the Pro
175 GStar Leopard - New, hoping it beats in but can hold up in wind more than the other two
168 DX Teebird - Beat up but still doing what it's supposed to
167 Star Teebird - Stable and used in the woods
175 GStar Teebird - New, purchased with the gstar leopard. Domey, I love feel and want it beat up.
168 Star Roadrunner - Old, but not understable for me yet. Not being thrown currently
167 GStar Roadrunner - New, Not being thrown currently.
163 Pro Wraith - Reminder that I have a child's arm. Favorite disc that I can't throw. Feels like a heavy dose of Gstar in it for how soft and pliable it is.
Sponsored Links

Last edited by Animage; 06-30-2018 at 05:25 PM.
Old 07-03-2018, 10:54 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 74 Times in 47 Posts

Needs more Viper
Old 07-03-2018, 01:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buiscutboy View Post
Needs more Viper
Honestly, next time I'm able to get down to my parents home, I'll bring em out. I have my two DX ones and will entertain using them again.

Mind you my distance has regressed severely.
Old 07-08-2018, 06:45 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 21.1
Courses Played: 64
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Add a 175-180 Star San Marino Roc. It will feel just like your KC Pros but will be a lot more stable. I like having them in my bag cuz when I need a stable controlled shot that goes left I pull out a Star San Marino Roc.
Old 07-29-2018, 06:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Already tired of carrying around a larger bag. Annoys me way too much for the pace we play rounds and that really affects my game. I've been reading up about Legacy discs lately for whatever reason and decided to order enough discs to fill my Innova Standard bag. I already owned 2 Excel ghosts, but don't remember why I never kept them around.

175 Gravity Prowler - Very stiff feeling soft putter. Hard to describe. Kinda like a slightly firmer very old JK Aviar-X before r-pro ruined Pro plastic.
175 Protege Prowler - Has a weird dome in the middle of the disc. Going to use this for driving. Has the same feeling as KC plastic today. Kinda slick
175 Excel Ghost - Will start beating one asap once I dial it in
180 Protege Ghost - Feels slightly chalky and not quite like the Prowler. My preferred feel to KC pro plastic. Nice dome. I read that these are 08 roc copies but looks identical to all my PFN multi-purpose KC Rocs. Hope this is normal and I can replace it if lost. Should be my more stable one I'd think.
167 Pinnacle Patriot - Gummy and mostly opaque. Flat. Don't know how I feel about this as the Leopard replacement with it being super flat, but I'll find out.
167 Pinnacle Rival - Not as gummy as the patriot, but still very flat. Opaque champion is cool in my book.
167 Icon Bandit - super flat and hoping for max distance thrown flat or on a hyzer if it actually turns. I wasn't turning my Roadrunner much at all, so I'm guessing this one will be out of my current distance as well. I needed a 7th disc for this bag and I really like 167 as a weight and there were no lighter Mongooses available on DGC and I forgot to check infinite before I ordered. Very grippy for star plastic. Hope it stays like this.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:14 PM
Double Eagle Member

I'm awful and have no distance. I've now watched and worked on drills quite often with no results, mostly from my just inability to put things together. What's going on in my head does not translate to my body, that's for sure.

Going to work on a few things but putting many things in the bag that I need to see what they do and if anything will help currently. Archer, not arrow but whatever, I own the discs already. My short game has been pretty good but still mixing things up.

175 XT Nova - Putting
175 Champion Aviar - Gummy approach/driving where I'm scared of the nova hitting things

175 Champion Panther - New testing
167 Z Glo Buzzz - Main, interchangeable with a 175 Big Z
175 Z Buzzz - Fresh and stable

175 VIP Warship - Seeing where this one lies at with Buzzz / Fairways bagged
173 VIP Underworld - New
170 Tournament Stag - New
169 VIP Hatchet - New
167 Z Mantis - Amazing throwing discs. About 280-290 for me. Flexes with flat release and I love that.
169 Z XS - Hitting just around 300 with this on a beautiful straight line
167 PFN Star Sidewinder - Haven't used in forever

162 Goldline River - Testing for fairway slots
168 11x Eagle-L - Testing for fairway slots
167 PFN Star Eagle-X - Testing for fairway slots

This whole post is unnecessary and seems very whiny after looking at it. I should just start selling off discs and working with less then adding when I need to. I've probably well into the 300-350 total discs.
Old 08-15-2018, 06:18 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 161
Niced 156 Times in 114 Posts

Don't get discouraged, just keep playing. As long as you are having fun, your skill will come around. Myself, I'd try to narrow things down to your best throwers and keep it simple. Sounds like you've got a good collection!
Old 08-15-2018, 10:12 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 46
Niced 4,624 Times in 1,939 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardu View Post
Don't get discouraged, just keep playing. As long as you are having fun, your skill will come around. Myself, I'd try to narrow things down to your best throwers and keep it simple. Sounds like you've got a good collection!
I'll echo this...don't get discouraged, don't put unneeded pressure on yourself and have fun. I always find when I'm in a slump...I'll really cut down to my basics. I take my core/a core bag: Stable putter (usually beaded), stable mid, stable/US fairway, stable/OS fairway and play for a few weeks/months with that. I also try and simplify my technique as much as possible (removing excess motions and keeping it very simple and slow).

But yeah, hang in there man, slumps pass!
Old 08-15-2018, 01:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardu View Post
My typical rounds I play I only carry 7 discs, this is all just trying to locate what I actually want.

Old 08-15-2018, 01:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
I'll echo this...don't get discouraged, don't put unneeded pressure on yourself and have fun. I always find when I'm in a slump...I'll really cut down to my basics. I take my core/a core bag: Stable putter (usually beaded), stable mid, stable/US fairway, stable/OS fairway and play for a few weeks/months with that. I also try and simplify my technique as much as possible (removing excess motions and keeping it very simple and slow).

But yeah, hang in there man, slumps pass!
What's your go to 4 disc refocusing?