Old 10-13-2012, 02:49 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 50
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Home Courses (obviously a biased thread)

I had a couple questions, and this seems like it may be the place.

How far is it from your house?

Do you think it should be harder or easier?

How is the foot traffic? (How many disc golfers do you see each time you play)

Is it easily navigated?

And how would you rate this course if you were talking to a pro?

Link here:

Here's mine.

How do you feel about your home course? It's a good course for beginners, I'm happy I got lucky with this course being so close to me. I wish the teepads on 6 were redone.

How far is it from your house? 3 streets over. .1/.2 miles.

Do you think it should be harder or easier? I would like it to be harder but more maintained.

How is the foot traffic? (How many disc golfers do you see each time you play) Always a bunch of chuckers as well as decent discers, also a lot of regular park pedestrians.

Is it easily navigated? For the most part, yes. 5-7, 9-11 can be tricky. The rest of it flows pretty well. 2 is out of the way but visable from basket of 1.

And how would you rate this course if you were talking to a pro? I would rate it at a 2.5 maybe a 3. It's definitely not hard, it's missing a teepad, and some of the terrain can be dangerous. I do love the lay out, and some risk/reward throws.

Link here: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=134
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2012, 07:51 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 43
Niced 80 Times in 46 Posts

How do you feel about your home course? Great course. One of the top courses in the Greater Houston Area

How far is it from your house? 0.5 miles

Do you think it should be harder or easier? Just right for me. Probably a little too hard for the target player (residents of the neighborhood)

How is the foot traffic? (How many disc golfers do you see each time you play) Very low. Most of the times my group is the only group out on the course when I go.

Is it easily navigated? Can be hard to find the holes the first time or two.

And how would you rate this course if you were talking to a pro? Championship level course that favors RHBH and has little to no elevation. Good mix of open & tight holes. Fairways are fair with some great lines but the rough is rough and will punish a bad shot.

Link in my signature.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 25.3
Courses Played: 127
Niced 5,109 Times in 1,997 Posts

How do you feel about your home course?
Love it.

40 feet.

Harder

Solitude.

Is it easily navigated?
Yes....if you have a guide.

Can't miss.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:57 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 63
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

10 minutes by bike, 10 minutes by ferry and another 5 minute bike ride

Neither

There is a crew of regular golfers and people can be found on the course just about any time of year.

Is it easily navigated?
Yes. There is good signage with arrows at each basket to direct you to the next tee.

Flat, beautiful park unlike any other golf course I have played. 8000 ft+. The best views of the Toronto skyline. Ken Climo and many other top pros have ranked it among their favourite courses.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/review...id=30&mode=rev
Old 10-13-2012, 01:52 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 21.6
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

My local course.

I LOVE my local course. There are dozens of courses I could play in the DFW area but it is by far my favorite. I am lucky to have 4 courses within 15 miles of my house but I choose to play this one the most.

10 mi

I would like it to be a little easier so my scores didn't suck so bad but it is actually perfect as is.

Quite a few. I usually go during the week and there are still a lot of foot traffic.

Is it easily navigated?
yes, well marked and good signeage.

A very nice variety of holes. Some short. Some long. Some left. Some right. Some straight. Some wooded. Some wide open.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 84
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

How do you feel about your home course?-It's like my own personal 9-hole training facility.They did the best they could with the space provided. I've seen a lot worse.

How far is it from your house?-1.2 miles- like 5-10 minutes

Do you think it should be harder or easier?-It's about as good as it's gonna get.I'd like some holes easier, couple holes could use more challenging shots.

How is the foot traffic? (How many disc golfers do you see each time you play)-not too many during the week. a lot more on weekends.It's a good thing that the sport is growing in my little town.

Is it easily navigated?-Yes. It's easy to follow

And how would you rate this course if you were talking to a pro?-2.5 discs out of 5. There's some good holes there. They did their best with the space available.

Link here:http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3485
Old 10-13-2012, 09:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 92
Niced 2,518 Times in 1,008 Posts

It's not very good. The design was not well thought out and there are some hazards that should never appear on any course. The only reason I play it more than anywhere else is because it is the closest and I can play there on Saturday. Andrews University is just as close but since it is a Seventh Day Adventist University I won't/can't play there on Saturday's.

About 10 miles

Neither. It should be better.

Very few but the hoards of soccer worshipers is ridiculous and a bigger problem for DG'ers than anything else.

Is it easily navigated?

Not really. A course map is helpful but there are some really long walks between holes

I would rate it the same if I were talking to a pro or a newb...Below average.

Linky
Old 10-13-2012, 09:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 165
Niced 196 Times in 133 Posts

How do you feel about your home course? I dislike it. It is very open, few trees. Only 9 holes. Not much of a challenge. Granted I can't drive every hole, it has very few obstacles. I live in a small town and I regularly drive 45 min-hour to play elsewhere.

How far is it from your house? Within a mile.

Do you think it should be harder or easier? Harder

How is the foot traffic? (How many disc golfers do you see each time you play) Rarely see anyone else.

Is it easily navigated? Yes

And how would you rate this course if you were talking to a pro? I wouldn't even bring it up.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:39 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 21
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

How do you feel about your home course? Never disappointing for a good quick round of 9.

How far is it from your house? Less then a half mile well within walking distance.

Do you think it should be harder or easier? I enjoy it the way it is if I want it to be more challenging I just play the alt tee's.

How is the foot traffic? On a nice bright day busy. There is a wonderful walking trail that surrounds it so there is foot traffic. For people discing there are every walk of life represented. from older people in there early 70's discing for exercise to the family of five to the thug muffin kids that need belts and pants that fit.

Is it easily navigated? Yes it flows well with cement tee's and signs that are clearly readable with distances and basket placements.

And how would you rate this course if you were talking to a pro? I would rate it at a 5out10. There is not much for distance holes more of a technical course that is well maintained but only has 9 holes.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1485

Old 10-17-2012, 09:00 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 546
Niced 6 Times in 1 Post

How do you feel about your home course? Holds a special place in my heart - It's the course where I learned the game and taught my kids how to play.

How far is it from your house?2 miles

Do you think it should be harder or easier?Harder - it was built on the grounds next to the Middle School

How is the foot traffic? (How many disc golfers do you see each time you play) Spring and Summer it gets crowded.

Is it easily navigated?There is a map at hole 1. Teebox on hole #5 is a little tough to find

And how would you rate this course if you were talking to a pro? It's a pitch and putt course designed to teach kids how to play. But there are some challenging shots to keep you interested.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=328