Old 05-16-2018, 10:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 197
Niced 1,096 Times in 744 Posts

Looks like your front foot is still leading your striding as you lean back away over rear leg, instead of more inside the rear leg and lead more with the hips like in Hershyzer 2. You get stuck weight back and still pushing too late off the rear foot and not everting/clearing/countering the rear foot/leg behind like in Hershyzer 1. So all your weight isn't Crushing the Can totally "from behind you", it's going more around you.

You don't want your rear hip to rise upward(jump) when you drive off the rear foot. The rear hip should pivot more underneath you/forward(fall) so you can compress more against the ground on the front leg/Super Tilted Spiral 2.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)

Last edited by sidewinder22; 05-16-2018 at 11:26 PM.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:25 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 117 Times in 83 Posts

Does this look better from the rear hip 'fall'? I know I'm still not getting the move part 2 as I never really compress/pull against the instep.
https://gfycat.com/biodegradablequaintblackfly
Old 05-18-2018, 05:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjacko View Post
Does this look better from the rear hip 'fall'? I know I'm still not getting the move part 2 as I never really compress/pull against the instep.
https://gfycat.com/biodegradablequaintblackfly
Yeah, watch how both of Espen's legs and feet are hanging straight down and tangled together in the hop like a ballerina. When you hop your legs/feet are separated too much left/right(down teepad sides) and you are lifting your front leg up.

Old 05-18-2018, 05:52 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 42
Niced 75 Times in 62 Posts

Does the swing look a little too close in on the gif as well? Like you are losing upper arm angle a little and the disc gets a little behind the swing. More for my learning purposes.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by UhhNegative View Post
Does the swing look a little too close in on the gif as well? Like you are losing upper arm angle a little and the disc gets a little behind the swing. More for my learning purposes.
Hard to tell, but you may be correct. The release looks hooked a little to the right/open shoulder which is common for that.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:12 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 42
Niced 75 Times in 62 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Hard to tell, but you may be correct. The release looks hooked a little to the right/open shoulder which is common for that.
I've been exclusively working on upper body from a standstill because my lower body just doesn't work for right handed swing yet, but it's crazy how much you can get on a disc just letting it out wide and getting that late direction change acceleration.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:27 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UhhNegative View Post
Quote:
I've changed up my backswing to make it feel more pinned inside my frame with my shoulder. If I remember to swing out away from my body in and after the transition, the upper arm angle stays in tact. Whenever I reach out wider, I get tipped way over out of balance and lose all leverage against the ground. I've got so much more balance, control, and power with this reach back it's hard to feel bad about giving up a small amount of rounding. It's probably tied a bit into not being able to fully brace and swing off the instep. Like I need to slow down the shoulders to let the hips get the levers going, and the shoulder can stay closed until release.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:54 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
you are lifting your front leg up
This is going to help a ton
Old 05-19-2018, 06:24 PM
Birdie Member

^That advice right there is fantastic. As soon as I read it and rewatched my throw, it's super obvious how the hips get wonky when I raise my front knee towards my chest. Focusing on gliding the foot across the ground and dropping the rear hip, and good things are happening. I'm getting loose with that off arm (not thinking about it, and maybe watching a little too much Gibson) and still not throwing off the instep/jammed up on front hip (I think this is tied into opening the shoulders early), but the hop looks better for sure.

https://gfycat.com/PastelPaltryGreatwhiteshark

https://gfycat.com/ImaginaryCompleteIchthyosaurs

Old 05-20-2018, 01:13 AM
* Ace Member *

Somewhat better leg stride. Need to slow down your swing and better balance and stack and hug the disc, look how perfectly balanced and stacked and centered and equal and opposite everything is with Drew, both elbows up/out and lower arms in like he is hugging another human around his center. His elbows separate together more like a pitcher and are kept more in front of his chest/center. His rear elbow never cranks behind his chest/center or over his shoulder. You are trying to really crank the rear arm way too much behind you/targetward and then you end up over-rotating back through the hit, your rear arm never swims back to move you forward into the brace, it just goes around.

Watch how Drew's left arm is rather quiet in the backswing and his hand appears to push/swim back off his rear thigh similar to how I show in One Leg Drill: