#141  
Old 05-21-2018, 10:28 PM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 7,730
Niced 2,239 Times in 1,248 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audentity View Post
That's spelled seam.
Thanks master of all that is spelling. You are the lord and savior for pointing out that a serial typoist made a typo.
OK, that's just silly. Of course he made a couple putts. He always makes a couple putts, that's why he's rated 1049!
...and your point is? He also clanked a 15ft flat putt. Just because he is rated 1049 doesn't mean he is a robot and makes every putt. The point I was making, is that he didn't play great. I am sure he would be the first to tell you that.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 05-21-2018, 10:38 PM
Audentity Audentity is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 11
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
...and your point is?
That your statement was essentially a tautology: if Ricky misses putts, his rating will be lower.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 05-21-2018, 10:47 PM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 7,730
Niced 2,239 Times in 1,248 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audentity View Post
That your statement was essentially a tautology: if Ricky misses putts, his rating will be lower.
Quote:
He also clanked a 15ft flat putt.
Obviously by this statement(that you left out) and the numerous discussions on here about that one short putt he always seems to have chain out, he does miss putts.


I'd say ricky is 1049 because he has one of the best all around games of anybody that has ever played this game.

Last edited by brutalbrutus; 05-21-2018 at 10:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 05-21-2018, 10:50 PM
Tigga Tigga is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 39
Niced 17 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Ricky actually had 2 foot faults in the final round. Both were on cart path tees where you couldn't cross over a seem in the concrete. The first one, Philo called but nobody seconded it. I looked at it a couple times, I think it was a foot fault but it was close enough I can see where the other two guys didn't call it, if they didn't have a good look at it. You would think after the first one that he would have paid more attention to his footwork on the next one....
I just finished back 9 and it looked like he faulted on Hole 12 as well (?) and no one said anything, then finally got called and seconded on Hole 15.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 05-21-2018, 10:57 PM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 7,730
Niced 2,239 Times in 1,248 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigga View Post
I just finished back 9 and it looked like he faulted on Hole 12 as well (?) and no one said anything, then finally got called and seconded on Hole 15.
Just went back to look and that one was very similar to the one Philo called. Its hard to tell if the front of his foot is actually touching the line or passed.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 05-21-2018, 11:07 PM
SD86's Avatar
SD86 SD86 is online now
I Don't Actually Disc Golf
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 7,162
Niced 1,209 Times in 962 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Ricky actually had 2 foot faults in the final round. Both were on cart path tees where you couldn't cross over a seem in the concrete. The first one, Philo called but nobody seconded it. I looked at it a couple times, I think it was a foot fault but it was close enough I can see where the other two guys didn't call it, if they didn't have a good look at it. You would think after the first one that he would have paid more attention to his footwork on the next one....
I saw it on the video, and it definitely was a foot fault. Philo called it; you can hear him call it on the video. Once again, Ricky didn't self-confirm.

I'll just say it now: Ricky Wysocki has no integrity and no honor. None.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 05-21-2018, 11:12 PM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 7,730
Niced 2,239 Times in 1,248 Posts
Default

I don't know the man, so saying he has no integrity is something I will steer clear from. Judging from what has been said about his on course demeanor, I'd think its more just a focus thing. He gets so locked in on the task at hand and shuts out everything else. In fact, I don't really recall him making any calls on other people.

The foot fault at the memorial was so egregious that he should have seen it for himself in the aftermath. These kinds of calls are a lot harder to call yourself on because of the follow thru...

Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 05-21-2018, 11:26 PM
lyleoross's Avatar
lyleoross lyleoross is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Years Playing: 22.9
Courses Played: 2
Posts: 4,367
Niced 1,113 Times in 649 Posts
Default

Just watched the back nine. It seems the two strokes come about because the lie is in the hazard and can't be moved?. If it's ob you get the foot fault but what happens on the ob? You just move to the dz or appropriate position? Need a rules guy here.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 05-21-2018, 11:30 PM
lyleoross's Avatar
lyleoross lyleoross is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Years Playing: 22.9
Courses Played: 2
Posts: 4,367
Niced 1,113 Times in 649 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
I don't know the man, so saying he has no integrity is something I will steer clear from. Judging from what has been said about his on course demeanor, I'd think its more just a focus thing. He gets so locked in on the task at hand and shuts out everything else. In fact, I don't really recall him making any calls on other people.

The foot fault at the memorial was so egregious that he should have seen it for himself in the aftermath. These kinds of calls are a lot harder to call yourself on because of the follow thru...
Actually, Ricky seems to fault a lot but then a lot of players do. It takes thinking about it to get it right. Don't be surprised if it doesn't start getting called more. It gives your card mates a direct advantage now.
Reply With Quote
 

  #150  
Old 05-21-2018, 11:33 PM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 7,730
Niced 2,239 Times in 1,248 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyleoross View Post
Actually, Ricky seems to fault a lot but then a lot of players do. It takes thinking about it to get it right. Don't be surprised if it doesn't start getting called more. It gives your card mates a direct advantage now.
Well... You would think it would be a point of emphasis for him now to get it right. We will see...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SPOILER(?) - foot fault & hazard penalty, Santa Cruz Masters Cup cheesethin Rules Questions & Discussion 36 06-22-2018 03:49 PM
Santa Cruz to Santa Rosa fishmich Vacations & Road Trips 4 02-22-2015 04:27 PM
Santa Cruz Masters Cup discs 1984-2004 ATrainWecker The Marketplace 1 08-29-2012 12:25 AM
2012 masters cup in santa cruz freakinwizzz Tournaments & Leagues 21 05-02-2012 08:23 PM
Portland to Santa Cruz TimMcD Vacations & Road Trips 17 03-31-2010 02:47 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.