Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > Tournaments & Leagues

Old 10-05-2020, 04:28 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,199 Times in 992 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocthecourse View Post
After watching the 3 rounds on Jomez I have to say I am not impressed by the Prodigy basket.
I have been saying the Seeing on YouTube Prodigy baskets on courses even by good amateur players especially the old no longer made versions that had both Inner and outer chain sets interlocking in the chain style, those old T1 style no longer made are the worst as Pro players have to use a disc that is more midrange like then putter or use a putter like midrange so that players can driver putt rather then putt at them. Most of these players are in the south east of USA though for but some reason several courses in pacific northwest of USA and Canada ended up with these baskets too. These baskets are still better then the one model Discraft made/did make, the old Chainstar as for some reason the baskets caught discs worse then what the DGA baskets ever did even the Mach II with lower similar cadge to the old Chainstar cadge catches better. The way the cage on Chainstar are the discs tend to scoop out on putts.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2020, 07:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 978 Times in 756 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
3 rounds over 1000 rated again for Paige ,-14 last round!
She’s totally destroying the field
Paige looked good for sure. That course suited her game. Lots of long, fairly unimpeded drives. Paige also putted really well. In 3 rounds she may have had 4 bad holes.

Catrina looked really good in the final round.
Old 10-06-2020, 11:02 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 15
Niced 37 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
I have been saying the Seeing on YouTube Prodigy baskets on courses even by good amateur players especially the old no longer made versions that had both Inner and outer chain sets interlocking in the chain style, those old T1 style no longer made are the worst as Pro players have to use a disc that is more midrange like then putter or use a putter like midrange so that players can driver putt rather then putt at them. Most of these players are in the south east of USA though for but some reason several courses in pacific northwest of USA and Canada ended up with these baskets too. These baskets are still better then the one model Discraft made/did make, the old Chainstar as for some reason the baskets caught discs worse then what the DGA baskets ever did even the Mach II with lower similar cadge to the old Chainstar cadge catches better. The way the cage on Chainstar are the discs tend to scoop out on putts.
There are quite a few courses around Nashville with the older Prodigy baskets. We always jokingly say ****in Prodigy baskets and I always say...Prodigy baskets hate your discs. The design concept is great but in reality they are too stiff to reliably catch putts.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-07-2020, 01:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 117
Niced 910 Times in 423 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn View Post
There are quite a few courses around Nashville with the older Prodigy baskets. We always jokingly say ****in Prodigy baskets and I always say...Prodigy baskets hate your discs. The design concept is great but in reality they are too stiff to reliably catch putts.
I remember an early demo video of the Prodigy baskets. The guy was hammering every putt at them and they stuck. It seemed strange at the time how hard he was throwing his putts. I guess we have found out over the years why.

Niced: (1)

Old 10-07-2020, 02:23 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1,199 Times in 992 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimb View Post
I remember an early demo video of the Prodigy baskets. The guy was hammering every putt at them and they stuck. It seemed strange at the time how hard he was throwing his putts. I guess we have found out over the years why.
Yep and in 2016-2017 in that time when Scott Stokely first came onto Youtube, he was playing a old course in Pacific Northwest that was once a top Pro Super tour course that was dropped for very top status when the number of Touring Pros got to be too much for the course design had just got these baskets to replace the old cage Mach III. Scott Showed how it was impossible to do a putt though on the older style T1 with the outer chains set locking together same way the inner set is on both T1 and T2 are. Stokely was about 5 feet from basket so as to not hit the basket with his long arms and did a mega slam putt, to me this showed a basket that was going to need a hard hard putt to make a disc stick in the older T1 design. Since then the baskets have been changed so one does not need to putter drive a disc into the basket, but you still need to hard putt into the basket.

I like how you said throwing putts rather then putting his putts, this to makes me think the former Prodigy pro was not actually putting but doing a midrange standstill throw with players putter grip into the basket.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 10-07-2020 at 02:25 AM.