Old 10-22-2020, 11:47 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 117
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 914 Times in 426 Posts

Disclaimer... I'm being totally over the top here.

In a multi use park, what if someone set up their tent in the nice concrete pad that is the basketball court? Or if they decided to lay out their blanket to sun in the beach volleyball sand? And what about a picnic in a horseshoe pit?

Obviously, I'm being ridiculous intentionally. But if the park has dedicated areas designated for a particular activity, why be so dismissive and allow the total disregard of the disc golf course?

Of course, people might not know what disc golf is or that they're on the course.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 10-22-2020, 02:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 40.7
Courses Played: 96
Niced 2,566 Times in 978 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Mt Airy in Cin goes thru many picnic areas. We've had to explain the baskets and danger of getting hit a few times. Now most picnickers get it.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-22-2020, 02:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 53
Niced 5,744 Times in 2,968 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
Mt Airy in Cin goes thru many picnic areas. We've had to explain the baskets and danger of getting hit a few times. Now most picnickers get it.
We've had a couple instances where we were lucky we didn't injure someone at Airy. On 13, 16 and 17 where people are laying out in the grass on those blind holes. One of those on 16 during a league night, one of the open players missed drilling a kid in the head by a foot according to his mother. We had a friendly conversation with her and her husband and told them about the other side of the park including the big tree house thing. They probably had more fun over there once they knew about it.
Old 10-22-2020, 02:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
We've had a couple instances where we were lucky we didn't injure someone at Airy. On 13, 16 and 17 where people are laying out in the grass on those blind holes. One of those on 16 during a league night, one of the open players missed drilling a kid in the head by a foot according to his mother. We had a friendly conversation with her and her husband and told them about the other side of the park including the big tree house thing. They probably had more fun over there once they knew about it.
Hole #7 had little girls hugging the bottom of the pole after we played the hole. Other groups were following. I was pretty sure that was their dad on the grill wearing a Bengals jersey. So after a couple jokes about their play I explained the danger of what the girls were doing and things went smooth.

Old 10-22-2020, 03:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
Hole #7 had little girls hugging the bottom of the pole after we played the hole. Other groups were following. I was pretty sure that was their dad on the grill wearing a Bengals jersey. So after a couple jokes about their play I explained the danger of what the girls were doing and things went smooth.
Yea that can be a bad spot when people are having gatherings there. Those picnic tables are right where a shot that didn't turnover land. 15 has that problem also with that picnic area over on the left at the top of the hill. Chief laced one right over top of a group over there when he had a disc slip out of his hand. I don't think they ever actually noticed it, lol
Old 10-22-2020, 03:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 7
Niced 1,479 Times in 722 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Why are people throwing blind shots in a multi use public park with a known pedestrian problem without first checking and/or a spotter??

Old 10-22-2020, 03:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
Why are people throwing blind shots in a multi use public park with a known pedestrian problem without first checking and/or a spotter??
Because those areas really aren't known pedestrian or multi use areas, especially on 16 where the nearest parking area is like a quarter mile away. You just come across someone sunbathing/picnicking once or twice a year.
Old 10-22-2020, 03:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
There have been no problems at that course. No matter how this discussion looks to anyone who doesn't know Airy everything there is fine between the golfers and picnickers.
Old 10-23-2020, 02:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 630 Times in 413 Posts

Wow guys 4+ pages of blathering about avoiding multi-use park goers. How nuanced is this issue really? If you see another human on the fairway, be patient or signal to them somehow. If they refuse to move on, what more is there to say other than "bummer."

I haven't seen Brodie popping up on social much lately, Youtube in particular. Not that he's not putting it out there, but the algorithm is typically pretty smart about showing me what I would be interested in.

Old 10-23-2020, 02:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
Wow guys 4+ pages of blathering about avoiding multi-use park goers. How nuanced is this issue really? If you see another human on the fairway, be patient or signal to them somehow. If they refuse to move on, what more is there to say other than "bummer."

I haven't seen Brodie popping up on social much lately, Youtube in particular. Not that he's not putting it out there, but the algorithm is typically pretty smart about showing me what I would be interested in.
Change your settings and it won't seem as bad.