Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,199 Times in 992 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmxer View Post
I’ve considered pulling the chains and painting my baskets while still new

Can’t see how you could effectively do anything to the chains.
You can if they are starting to show signs of rusting according to others on here. The Rustoleum Galvanizing Compound apparently works wonders to the testimony of others on here.

Now if I get a few extra baskets for a potential course that is using 5 other baskets from, old Mach III tops on Lighting DB-5 that got pulled in one section of the course. I am hopeing to be getting the Grow the Sport 2.0 Portable basket if this comes up and I can make a course in this one park with those 5 baskets and a few others. I might use the Galvanizing spray right away on the Zinc coated chains and the bottom pole of the yellow Grow the Sport 2.0 Portable baskets the company makes to have a more standard Innova color pattern of the Discatcher Sport/24 to the baskets. The Baskets base is going to be fully incased in a cement pad I think, and I will make the bolts more permeant with Loctite so as to not come out as easy.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2020, 02:02 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 0.7
Courses Played: 2
Niced 425 Times in 210 Posts

The issue as I see it is that the linked chains can’t be completely covered. Maybe the spray will help.

On galvanized chains the rust is generally superficial, so it’s more for aesthetics.
Old 10-25-2020, 05:46 PM

Quote:
The issue as I see it is that the linked chains can’t be completely covered. Maybe the spray will help.

On galvanized chains the rust is generally superficial, so it’s more for aesthetics.
I was talking the cheaper baskets that use the Zinc coating and the chains end up rusted out after a few years if not fixed and are using those for permanent baskets on courses either private/pay to play or public/University course that cheapened out on the baskets. The other case is the Innova baskets that some years use a crappy quick dip of galvanization to the basket's chains so in baskets from these years the chains end up rusting out over time.
Old 10-25-2020, 08:25 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 0.7
Courses Played: 2
Niced 425 Times in 210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
I was talking the cheaper baskets that use the Zinc coating and the chains end up rusted out after a few years if not fixed and are using those for permanent baskets on courses either private/pay to play or public/University course that cheapened out on the baskets. The other case is the Innova baskets that some years use a crappy quick dip of galvanization to the basket's chains so in baskets from these years the chains end up rusting out over time.
Understood.

So, do you just apply as best as possible or is there some method to fully coat the chains?

Old 10-25-2020, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Understood.

So, do you just apply as best as possible or is there some method to fully coat the chains?
Not sure for me but Others Need to weigh in on this process. I would if me go each individual chain as best I can but others need to weigh in on this since I have never done it to a basket, I have used it for a pole at a house used to hold the electric conduit for a pergola, to keep it from rusting since the pole made for electric was straight steel.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 10-25-2020 at 08:56 PM.