Old 10-26-2020, 08:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 545 Times in 322 Posts
Default Recommend me a bag

Alright, it’s time to find a good, comfortable bag. I have had an upper park shift and currently have a rebel. Trying to find a backpack style bag that works for me. I’m a pretty large fellow, 6’3” and about 250 pounds, shaped like a slightly doughy hulk hogan.

Shift was too short. I liked the layout, but the waist strap was just always in the way, and if I tried to use it, it was above my hips right under my ribs.

Rebel is just too big compartment wise. The straps fit well, and I like the lack of waist belt, but I only carry around 10-12 discs thee days and the bag part is just too much for that, and a little heavy.

Anyone have a recommendation for a 10-14 disc bag, for a tall man, with good functionality?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2020, 02:31 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.9
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 286 Times in 172 Posts

Hmmm, tough one. I wish I had an answer....it seems like backpacks are all having waist bands. It really would be nice to have a disc golf store or somewhere that you could see/handle/try all types of bags - like you can go to a shoe store and try on different shoes. But, we don't have enough disc golf stores and it would be expensive to have samples of all types of bags....heck, disc golf stores don't even carry all types of discs.

My best suggestion is to list what all you need your bag to carry, then use that to narrow down bags, and then ask people what they think of those bags...plus try to find disc golfers in your area who have the type of bags you are interested in.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-27-2020, 02:33 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.9
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 286 Times in 172 Posts

Hmmm, tough one. I wish I had an answer....it seems like backpacks are all having waist bands. It really would be nice to have a disc golf store or somewhere that you could see/handle/try all types of bags - like you can go to a shoe store and try on different shoes. But, we don't have enough disc golf stores and it would be expensive to have samples of all types of bags....heck, disc golf stores don't even carry all types of discs.

My best suggestion is to list what all you need your bag to carry, then use that to narrow down bags, and then ask people what they think of those bags...plus try to find disc golfers in your area who have the type of bags you are interested in.
Old 10-27-2020, 08:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,585 Times in 792 Posts

Probably give a Pound Carlton a look. I went from a Shift to a Carlton and have been extremely happy with it.

I'm far from tall, so I can't comment on that issue you're having.
Old 10-28-2020, 12:18 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1,213 Times in 1,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtydirtybirds View Post
Alright, it’s time to find a good, comfortable bag. I have had an upper park shift and currently have a rebel. Trying to find a backpack style bag that works for me. I’m a pretty large fellow, 6’3” and about 250 pounds, shaped like a slightly doughy hulk hogan.

Shift was too short. I liked the layout, but the waist strap was just always in the way, and if I tried to use it, it was above my hips right under my ribs.

Rebel is just too big compartment wise. The straps fit well, and I like the lack of waist belt, but I only carry around 10-12 discs thee days and the bag part is just too much for that, and a little heavy.

Anyone have a recommendation for a 10-14 disc bag, for a tall man, with good functionality?
The Option here when Production comes back is to get the Discraft Tournament Backpack then put the DGA Gel Shock straps on the bag. I feel that in terms of actual backpacks, the smaller end/beginner backpacks will all be too small. The Discraft Tournament is the most Durable of the single strap backpacks.
Old 10-28-2020, 12:26 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 1,136 Times in 443 Posts

Grip CS2

Old 10-28-2020, 01:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 5
Niced 1,351 Times in 897 Posts

I have no backpack centric advice, but I will drop some love for my 9yr old double nutsac. No tears and she's been through da wars bye!

It gets a little full after about 10 discs. I typically pack 4 putters and 5-drivers. I can play bag on, cross shoulder with 7 or less very comfortably, which is nice when it's wet! You can even drive if you beaner it to a belt loop as well.

Old 10-28-2020, 04:43 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1,213 Times in 1,000 Posts

Latitude 64 has a backpack that I forget the name for but the backpack that the discs fit into slots, though it can carry a few more then 14 discs, it is tall. Not as much non space as one would think, is the flaw.
Old 10-28-2020, 05:28 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 525
Niced 1,697 Times in 808 Posts

Papa's got a brand new bag...wait, wrong thread.

Old 10-28-2020, 08:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 22
Niced 1,969 Times in 859 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtydirtybirds View Post
Yes!

Grip C3 series

Nice thin tall bag that fits. I'm 6'2" and have also had problems with other bags being to squat and or wide making them uncomfortable for me. The Grip fixed the problem for me.