Old 02-05-2018, 06:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 159
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 133 Times in 98 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinum View Post
Thanks to both of you for your input. I really can't argue with that logic, and I will take your (and Broken Shoulder's) advice. I think I was maybe too strict on the disc down concept, although I did have a couple pretty successful rounds with the putter-heavy lineup.

Here is what I will roll with moving forward to add a little more variety:

-Protege Clutch x2 @ 173g. One beat and one relatively fresh. Will use these for throwing and putting.
-Tour Series Z Comet @ 180g. Workhorse mid. It is a Comet in amazing Z plastic. What more do I need to say?
-Pinnacle Ghost @ 180g. This is one of the new "clear" Pinnacle Ghosts that molded up nice and flat. It is very HSS and has a nice predictable fade. Good compliment to the Comet.
-Pinnacle Patriot @ 165g. Beat up and quite US now. Hyzer-flip machine for pretty easy distance.
-Sparkle Rival @ 175g. This is seasoned, but it is still nice and stable. I've had this (along with the Patriot) in the bag for about two years now. Very reliable disc for me.
Nice to be able to disc down but still have access to all your realiable beat go-tos.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 02-06-2018, 04:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 30
Niced 100 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardu View Post
Nice to be able to disc down but still have access to all your realiable beat go-tos.
Yeah, definitely. I'm finding out that there isn't much I can't tackle with this bag, especially on shorter courses. Feels good!
Old 02-27-2018, 10:29 AM
* Ace Member *

I played a round at Selah Creekside over the weekend with my father-in-law and brother-in-law. I used my whole bag due to the length of the course and to see how it would go now that I've spent some time with the "disc down" bag. Here is what I had in the Simian:

Clutch x3
Zone
Comet x2
Ghost x3
Mongoose x2
Rival x3
Enemy x2
Outlaw x3

We played the short tees and I ended up shooting a -6, which is my personal best. I could have shaved at least 4 or 5 strokes off that score, but I missed two relatively easy putts and threw a terrible upshot on one hole that ended up in the drink. Still, it felt good.

More than anything, playing rounds with the simplified lineup has helped me stay focused on the shot and execute without overthinking disc selection.

I'm going to continue practicing with a "disc down" setup because I am liking the results so far. Just a slight tweak subbing a Legend Mongoose for the beat-up Patriot, which is used for hyzer-flips and turnovers. An underappreciated mold IMO, especially in Legend plastic:

Clutch x2
Comet
Ghost
Mongoose
Rival

Niced: (1)
Old 05-23-2018, 08:42 AM
* Ace Member *

Selah again this weekend. Pumped! Here is what I've got loaded up in the Simian:

Protege Clutch x3
Legend Clutch
Z Flx Zone
Z Comet x2
Pinnacle Ghost x2
Pinnacle Patriot x2
Pinnacle Rival x2
Sparkle Enemy x2
Pinnacle Outlaw x2
Old 05-26-2018, 10:04 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 60 Times in 52 Posts

All I can say is you know what you’re doing throwing clutches. Once I started with those I started making all these putts I had no business making. A legend clutch and icon clutch is what I bag. How’s the stability on your rivals? My rival is more OS than my g star thunderbirds
Old 05-27-2018, 02:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseballadp View Post
All I can say is you know what you’re doing throwing clutches. Once I started with those I started making all these putts I had no business making. A legend clutch and icon clutch is what I bag. How’s the stability on your rivals? My rival is more OS than my g star thunderbirds
Nice - Clutches are great! Glad you're liking them.

One of my Rivals has been in the bag for over 2 years and it is still very HSS, but it lost a little fade over time. Probably my favorite fairway to throw. My other Rival is one of the newer clear pinnacles and it is flatter, beefier, and has less glide than my beat in one. Really reliable in the wind. They compliment each other nicely. I pair those up with 2 Patriots (one fresh and one beat) to cover all my fairway lines.

Old 05-27-2018, 03:22 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 60 Times in 52 Posts

Nice! My rival is in the clear pinnacle honey bee run. It’s great in wind, it becomes more like a teebird