Old 09-17-2018, 10:06 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 695 Times in 394 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
Anyone have any insights on the RDG Scale? Throwing a P3X these days but I am having some issue switching back and forth frpm the deeper putter to the shallow putter. It seems that the scale is the OS compliment to my PW Wizards (I use for putting and throwing) so I want an OS thrower that feels more like what I am mainly throwing (deeper than P3X, beaded and OS these are the only requirements) thanks fellas.
I have never even held a P3X so take that for what you will. A Scale is an every so slightly deeper Wizard with a subtle yet super comfortable thumb groove. I would recommend trying one EDIT: check the ODRB ITB thread for a little Wizard-thrower proof if you want!
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 09-18-2018, 07:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 724 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
I have never even held a P3X so take that for what you will. A Scale is an every so slightly deeper Wizard with a subtle yet super comfortable thumb groove. I would recommend trying one EDIT: check the ODRB ITB thread for a little Wizard-thrower proof if you want!
If you can switch between scale and Rhyno then it should be what I am looking for. P3X is like a Rhyno with more distance potential and no thumbtrac. Thanks. Hopefully somemore feedback will come in.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 30
Niced 100 Times in 78 Posts

Scales are great. I am not familiar with the P3X, but the Scale is a fairly deep disc. You will be right at home with the Scale if you already throw Wizards. Think of it as a Wizard OS. Scales can handle a ton of power, always finish with a predictable fade, and don't have much glide. RDG has some really nice plastic options as well, with my personal preference being Fossil.

Old 09-19-2018, 05:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinum View Post
Scales are great. I am not familiar with the P3X, but the Scale is a fairly deep disc. You will be right at home with the Scale if you already throw Wizards. Think of it as a Wizard OS. Scales can handle a ton of power, always finish with a predictable fade, and don't have much glide. RDG has some really nice plastic options as well, with my personal preference being Fossil.
My favorite plastic to date is PW. I have heard of fossil being similar. Kind of like a chalky proto feel hopefully I like it BC I pulled the trigger and bought one last night.

Old 10-01-2018, 05:54 PM
* Ace Member *

So, the rumors were true. The RDG Scale kicked the P3X straight outta my bag. Feels like a Wizard and that Subtle thumbtrack is just enough of a depression to feel like my PW Wizard when it starts to puddle as I beat it in. Beautiful overstability. Hits and sits right where I want it every time. First five throws 2 hit the cage, 1 went in and 2 were drop ins (from about 110'-120') and the trend has continued on the course.

Old 12-09-2018, 09:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Hola, my amigos!! Here we are again. I have ran into another dilemma (okay, it's not that serious) lately I have been trying to learn how to power grip my putters and it's not easy for me. So I traded and got my P3X's back for straight shallow putters and have been eyeballing and reconsidering the chief OS, also the breaker for OS duties. I ask you, my fellow DGCR residents, what are your experiences with these molds? Maybe I will figure out the power grip and continue to throw what I have (I really do love my putter line-up as of now).... Oh, the woes.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:24 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,378 Times in 704 Posts

Try the Envy or the Atom. The Breaker's beefy but won't stay that way. Just grab a Zone.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 194
Niced 1,726 Times in 1,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
Try the Envy or the Atom. The Breaker's beefy but won't stay that way. Just grab a Zone.
agreed on all accounts

and ill add just buy a plaz ion
Old 12-09-2018, 09:44 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Niced 286 Times in 190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
Breaker stays beefy in premium, or at least mine have. It's noticeably thinner than the p3x

Old 12-09-2018, 09:46 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,378 Times in 704 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasissouth View Post
Breaker stays beefy in premium, or at least mine have. It's noticeably thinner than the p3x
Mine hit its sweet spot faster than I expected. Pro Line plastic. It's a great mold.