Old 09-26-2018, 06:21 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 44
Niced 27 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
I'm still trying to hash out my midrange lineup and I'm looking for a workhorse mid. I was thinking of trying out a ghost in either Protege or Gravity but don't have anywhere to feel them. Which plastic would you recommend?
I love Gravity. It's like old Pro (but not slick like KC Pro). Beats in slowly and has great grip right out of the box. Excel also feels good, but it starts out a tick more understable and gets flippy pretty quick. I started with one of each and when my Gravity got workable enough, I kicked out the Excel and started cycling the Gravities.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2018, 09:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 86
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 286 Times in 153 Posts

I’m throwing Gravity and Protege. Gravity Ghosts feel like old-school DX Rocs to me. For a baseline plastic it is taking forever to get flippy. Great grip in all conditions. The Protege Ghosts are fairly domey and feel like KC Rocs but pretty straight out of the box. If you flatten them they will fly a little faster and have a bit more turn, but stay the same stability for a while too.
Old 10-04-2018, 11:34 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 245 Times in 142 Posts

Shop has FR pinnacle ghosts for $20. Is it a good pickup at that price? Really like the icon ghost I got recently.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Yes they are going for probably 30-40 in the secondary market, more for aquas
Old 10-08-2018, 04:05 AM
Par Member

Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

Anyone know how the new plastic pinnacle outlaws fly?
Old 10-08-2018, 11:04 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 48
Niced 821 Times in 561 Posts

I just added another Legacy disc with funny money, Patriot, and it's turning out to be exactly what I wanted there, and may have kicked out a couple of other molds. That makes two in my bag, and Hunter is my favorite putting putter of all time. I do also have an Outlaw which I could make work, but just isn't necessarily better than what I have in the max D stable slots.

So, with that, what other molds from legacy really shine compared to the competition? I am not a brand loyalist, and have an extremely mixed bag. I just really like the plastic, and if it fits, will try to add more Legacy.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 30
Niced 100 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
I just added another Legacy disc with funny money, Patriot, and it's turning out to be exactly what I wanted there, and may have kicked out a couple of other molds. That makes two in my bag, and Hunter is my favorite putting putter of all time. I do also have an Outlaw which I could make work, but just isn't necessarily better than what I have in the max D stable slots.

So, with that, what other molds from legacy really shine compared to the competition? I am not a brand loyalist, and have an extremely mixed bag. I just really like the plastic, and if it fits, will try to add more Legacy.
I've had a lot of success with the Rival as my workhorse fairway driver. You could definitely try pairing one up with the Patriot you are enjoying.

Old 10-09-2018, 10:36 AM
Double Eagle Member

Most Legacy molds are directly interchangeable with some other mold from another company. I throw Outlaws, Rivals, Patriots, Ghosts. The Outlaw is a direct replacement for Destroyers, Rivals for Teebirds, Ghosts for Rocs. I could switch back to Innova at any point without skipping a beat.

I think if you ask most Legacy loyalists what the "must have" molds are, you'll hear a lot of Rival and Phenom. But to me, the Rival is pretty much interchangeable with the Teebird/Teebird3 depending on the run. It feels and flies pretty much the same in my experience. The Phenom is like a slightly faster TL and it doesn't really fit into my bag setup.

The new Pursuit is pretty sweet, it's like a Buzzz OS. I wouldn't say it's head and shoulders above the competition, there are a ton of great overstable mids out there now. But it's a great disc in Legacy plastic. Just picked one up in Glow and it feels/flies amazing.

To me, the big draw of Legacy is the plastic, not the molds.

Old 10-09-2018, 08:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 4
Niced 202 Times in 141 Posts

Agree, on the plastic. They produce less discs and can put more effort into quality control using great plastics vs. just push it through the machine that Innova employs.

Niced: (2)

Old 10-09-2018, 09:30 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,390 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Smooth View Post
Agree, on the plastic. They produce less discs and can put more effort into quality control using great plastics vs. just push it through the machine that Innova employs.
When did Legacy start molding their own discs?