#111  
Old 01-16-2014, 02:13 PM
zj1002 zj1002 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Driving Range
Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,374
Niced 226 Times in 110 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
would love your take on it compared to ION/Pure type molds in regards to max power driving shots.
Yeah I plan on putting them through the paces. I'll have to dig around my stash to see if I have some Ions to compare too, but I think my only one is an older textured bottom Ion. Won't have much time to test until this weekend, but I'll both discs and give them a full tryout
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 01-16-2014, 02:17 PM
smyith's Avatar
smyith smyith is offline
Suffers from Delusions of Grandeur
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: CO transplant
Years Playing: 18
Courses Played: 192
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,037
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
What I meant is that you're busy bagging on an MVP thrower who is having fun by questioning his mold choices. Same thing you've been doing here for awhile now. You might be having fun, too, but you certainly never seem like it.
i bet you that TP has a smile on his face the majority of the time he is posting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBells View Post
Now this thread has become VoR's soapbox thread once again. I think we already have a few of those...no need for another one. Might want to learn to step off once in a while and let the people with pertinent information post...unless your goal is to derail as many threads as possible.
you could also just ignore him, you dont have to respond to him, or help him derail the thread. even better tho, you could remove your personal emotions from his posts and read what he wrote not what you feel he is writing....but that concept seems really hard for people on the interwebs.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 01-16-2014, 03:06 PM
Mike C's Avatar
Mike C Mike C is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: OH
Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 122
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,789
Niced 557 Times in 343 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicybird6 View Post
Envy= mini me ion?

Also, mike c would like to see video of that "425".

Just really hard to believe
It's going to be in the video. Anyone who's thrown my test hole in the long pin position (#8 Arboretum, 435') will know how crazy it was. Also ripped a Tangent for about 420' in the video, it was well past the tree line too.

The envy is definitely more OS than the Ion. The Envy is roughly halfway between an Ion and Zone when it comes to stability.

On the 425' throw I threw it like a fresh Quasar. The same throw turns over Ions because it focuses more on raw power than being clean and you can't get away with that throwing a neutral putter like you can a distance driver. The Envy + an Ion or Anode would cover your approach game very well though, especially for someone like me who relies on flicks instead of turnovers.

Also can't stress how comfy this disc is. It makes Ions feel bulky in the hand. Its very compact feeling.

PASK: Most my Envy D throws were going 370-385', the 425' wasn't every try. Also my max D is way past 500' these days. 600' could happen this year.

Last edited by Mike C; 01-16-2014 at 03:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 01-16-2014, 03:30 PM
pask2155 pask2155 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 279
Niced 9 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
PASK: Most my Envy D throws were going 370-385', the 425' wasn't every try. Also my max D is way past 500' these days. 600' could happen this year.
Aw yeah! That's awesome! I would love for MVP to release a max d driver and you win a distance contest with it! Would be hilarious to watch everyone scream about how gyro is fake! Hahaha

Anyways back on topic... For the envy- Wish it wasn't more OS then ion though. ions seems to be the perfect stability.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 01-16-2014, 03:34 PM
pask2155 pask2155 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 279
Niced 9 Times in 2 Posts
Default

By the way MIKE C I'm glad you actually review discs! I think one of the reasons you're so popular is because you actually say it's more OS then this disc but less stable then this disc. Thing like that.

Whenever you hear most people talk about disc reviews like pros and such... They always say this is the "furthest flying disc on the market"... "Because it flips up rides out and come back"... Like really? What kind of a review is that?

Anyways off my man crush... Thanks for the videos we all love them and now can imagine how this disc particularly flies! Between and ion and zone while feeling compact and comfy!
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 01-16-2014, 03:50 PM
in4d's Avatar
in4d in4d is offline
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Great North Woods
Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,634
Niced 115 Times in 70 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pask2155 View Post
By the way MIKE C I'm glad you actually review discs! I think one of the reasons you're so popular is because you actually say it's more OS then this disc but less stable then this disc. Thing like that.

Whenever you hear most people talk about disc reviews like pros and such... They always say this is the "furthest flying disc on the market"... "Because it flips up rides out and come back"... Like really? What kind of a review is that?

Anyways off my man crush... Thanks for the videos we all love them and now can imagine how this disc particularly flies! Between and ion and zone while feeling compact and comfy!
omg, someone change this mans title!!!
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 01-16-2014, 04:04 PM
bdodson's Avatar
bdodson bdodson is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Libby Montana
Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 477
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to bdodson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
omg, someone change this mans title!!!
in4d's ghost account
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 01-16-2014, 04:05 PM
onemilemore's Avatar
onemilemore onemilemore is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Golden State
Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 6,400
Niced 220 Times in 95 Posts
Default

Oh, hello.



Gorgeous white and red Envy with rainbow stamp.

Very, very, very limited first impressions (had to put my daughter down for a nap, so only a few throws): Super comfy in the hand, and definitely has the straighter inside rim, so it works well for driving. Nice and straight, plenty of HSS and will fade well, but seems like it can work some lines, too.

Also, it seems long for a putter. I like it so far, and will take it out for a thorough workout later up against an Ion and a Breaker. I'm expecting it to fall in between these two, stability-wise.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 01-16-2014, 04:06 PM
tbird888's Avatar
tbird888 tbird888 is offline
Salient Disc Test Team
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Blue Ash, OH
Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 16,535
Niced 1,379 Times in 705 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
omg, someone change this mans title!!!
Or yours to "No, he's mine!"
Reply With Quote
 

  #120  
Old 01-16-2014, 04:07 PM
bdodson's Avatar
bdodson bdodson is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Libby Montana
Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 477
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to bdodson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
Oh, hello.



Gorgeous white and red Envy with rainbow stamp.

Very, very, very limited first impressions (had to put my daughter down for a nap, so only a few throws): Super comfy in the hand, and definitely has the straighter inside rim, so it works well for driving. Nice and straight, plenty of HSS and will fade well, but seems like it can work some lines, too.

Also, it seems long for a putter. I like it so far, and will take it out for a thorough workout later up against an Ion and a Breaker. I'm expecting it to fall in between these two, stability-wise.
where did you get it? it does look nice. id like to try one
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axiom Envy - Watermelon Lojack29 The Marketplace 1 08-09-2017 02:32 AM
Axiom Envy EROPPER The Marketplace 4 02-16-2017 01:42 PM
Axiom Envy Watermelon 175g - $30 fetchercity The Marketplace 2 07-26-2016 12:29 AM
Axiom Envy vs. Proxy JFibeZZZ Discs 40 07-17-2015 10:13 PM
Unique Axiom Envy Mbagnola1 The Marketplace 3 03-27-2014 04:28 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.