Old 01-16-2014, 02:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 226 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
would love your take on it compared to ION/Pure type molds in regards to max power driving shots.
Yeah I plan on putting them through the paces. I'll have to dig around my stash to see if I have some Ions to compare too, but I think my only one is an older textured bottom Ion. Won't have much time to test until this weekend, but I'll both discs and give them a full tryout
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2014, 02:17 PM
Suffers from Delusions of Grandeur

Years Playing: 18
Courses Played: 192
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
What I meant is that you're busy bagging on an MVP thrower who is having fun by questioning his mold choices. Same thing you've been doing here for awhile now. You might be having fun, too, but you certainly never seem like it.
i bet you that TP has a smile on his face the majority of the time he is posting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBells View Post
Now this thread has become VoR's soapbox thread once again. I think we already have a few of those...no need for another one. Might want to learn to step off once in a while and let the people with pertinent information post...unless your goal is to derail as many threads as possible.
you could also just ignore him, you dont have to respond to him, or help him derail the thread. even better tho, you could remove your personal emotions from his posts and read what he wrote not what you feel he is writing....but that concept seems really hard for people on the interwebs.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 122
Niced 557 Times in 343 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicybird6 View Post
Envy= mini me ion?

Also, mike c would like to see video of that "425".

Just really hard to believe
It's going to be in the video. Anyone who's thrown my test hole in the long pin position (#8 Arboretum, 435') will know how crazy it was. Also ripped a Tangent for about 420' in the video, it was well past the tree line too.

The envy is definitely more OS than the Ion. The Envy is roughly halfway between an Ion and Zone when it comes to stability.

On the 425' throw I threw it like a fresh Quasar. The same throw turns over Ions because it focuses more on raw power than being clean and you can't get away with that throwing a neutral putter like you can a distance driver. The Envy + an Ion or Anode would cover your approach game very well though, especially for someone like me who relies on flicks instead of turnovers.

Also can't stress how comfy this disc is. It makes Ions feel bulky in the hand. Its very compact feeling.

PASK: Most my Envy D throws were going 370-385', the 425' wasn't every try. Also my max D is way past 500' these days. 600' could happen this year.

Last edited by Mike C; 01-16-2014 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:30 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 9 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
PASK: Most my Envy D throws were going 370-385', the 425' wasn't every try. Also my max D is way past 500' these days. 600' could happen this year.
Aw yeah! That's awesome! I would love for MVP to release a max d driver and you win a distance contest with it! Would be hilarious to watch everyone scream about how gyro is fake! Hahaha

Anyways back on topic... For the envy- Wish it wasn't more OS then ion though. ions seems to be the perfect stability.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:34 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 9 Times in 2 Posts

By the way MIKE C I'm glad you actually review discs! I think one of the reasons you're so popular is because you actually say it's more OS then this disc but less stable then this disc. Thing like that.

Whenever you hear most people talk about disc reviews like pros and such... They always say this is the "furthest flying disc on the market"... "Because it flips up rides out and come back"... Like really? What kind of a review is that?

Anyways off my man crush... Thanks for the videos we all love them and now can imagine how this disc particularly flies! Between and ion and zone while feeling compact and comfy!
Old 01-16-2014, 03:50 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 27
Niced 115 Times in 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pask2155 View Post
By the way MIKE C I'm glad you actually review discs! I think one of the reasons you're so popular is because you actually say it's more OS then this disc but less stable then this disc. Thing like that.

Whenever you hear most people talk about disc reviews like pros and such... They always say this is the "furthest flying disc on the market"... "Because it flips up rides out and come back"... Like really? What kind of a review is that?

Anyways off my man crush... Thanks for the videos we all love them and now can imagine how this disc particularly flies! Between and ion and zone while feeling compact and comfy!
omg, someone change this mans title!!!
Old 01-16-2014, 04:04 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 26
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to bdodson

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
in4d's ghost account
Old 01-16-2014, 04:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 220 Times in 95 Posts

Oh, hello.

Gorgeous white and red Envy with rainbow stamp.

Very, very, very limited first impressions (had to put my daughter down for a nap, so only a few throws): Super comfy in the hand, and definitely has the straighter inside rim, so it works well for driving. Nice and straight, plenty of HSS and will fade well, but seems like it can work some lines, too.

Also, it seems long for a putter. I like it so far, and will take it out for a thorough workout later up against an Ion and a Breaker. I'm expecting it to fall in between these two, stability-wise.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:06 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,379 Times in 705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
Or yours to "No, he's mine!"

Old 01-16-2014, 04:07 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 26
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to bdodson

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
Oh, hello.

Gorgeous white and red Envy with rainbow stamp.

Very, very, very limited first impressions (had to put my daughter down for a nap, so only a few throws): Super comfy in the hand, and definitely has the straighter inside rim, so it works well for driving. Nice and straight, plenty of HSS and will fade well, but seems like it can work some lines, too.

Also, it seems long for a putter. I like it so far, and will take it out for a thorough workout later up against an Ion and a Breaker. I'm expecting it to fall in between these two, stability-wise.
where did you get it? it does look nice. id like to try one