Old 06-18-2018, 04:55 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 427 Times in 363 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
I have found the Impact a disc to be a good woods disc golf disc except that the Shark/Shark 3 is not a bad option either as the Impact is a faster mid/fairway hybrid that is labeled a fairway by Discraft.
Impact not as understable as Infinite Discs shows on the flight path as it is more like a Wombat/Wombat 3.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 06-18-2018, 07:30 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 56 Times in 43 Posts

I would vote for a beat in roc if it was an option. Never got along with the comet and was never a mako guy. I'm not sure why you need a specific disc for the woods. They all work in the woods. it's not like one is magically better than another.

Old 06-18-2018, 08:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 22
Niced 974 Times in 489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeCroisQue View Post
I would vote for a beat in roc if it was an option. Never got along with the comet and was never a mako guy. I'm not sure why you need a specific disc for the woods. They all work in the woods. it's not like one is magically better than another.
Well now, that just makes too much damn sense!

That kind of common sense logic is going to get you in trouble in these here "this vs that" threads.

Old 06-19-2018, 10:30 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 56 Times in 48 Posts

A beat star roc3 is more controlllable on drives to hen a mako3. But I vote mako3 from the options
Old 06-22-2018, 12:33 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 15.2
Niced 427 Times in 363 Posts

Quote:
Try using a Champion or Champion MF Gator on the straight woods line, those are so overstable the disc would not work. Also a Viper would not work either, too overstable for a disc until its DX only plastic beats in quite a bit.

Old 06-23-2018, 01:36 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 56 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Try using a Champion or Champion MF Gator on the straight woods line, those are so overstable the disc would not work. Also a Viper would not work either, too overstable for a disc until its DX only plastic beats in quite a bit.
You're kind of missing the point of my comment. Those discs you mentioned work very well on a tight wooded hole that needs a hyzer out, if OP is looking for a straight shot then they wont work. There's about 50 discs off the top of my head that go straight, all of them work well in the woods, so I'm not sure why you picked 2 of the most overstable discs possible.

Buzzz, Truth, Emac Truth, Roc, VRoc, Roc3, Comet, Meteor, Spider, Atlas, M3, Compass, Shark, Shark3, MD2, MD3, Vroc, Mako, Hawk, Fuse, Warrent, Buzzz SS, Evidence, Axis, Claymore, Core, Zombee, Warship.

That's pretty much only midrages, not to mention putters, fairways, or drivers. I can keep going but I think that's enough.

Old 06-23-2018, 10:42 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 6
Niced 466 Times in 342 Posts

Quote:
You're kind of missing the point of my comment. Those discs you mentioned work very well on a tight wooded hole that needs a hyzer out, if OP is looking for a straight shot then they wont work. There's about 50 discs off the top of my head that go straight, all of them work well in the woods, so I'm not sure why you picked 2 of the most overstable discs possible.

Buzzz, Truth, Emac Truth, Roc, VRoc, Roc3, Comet, Meteor, Spider, Atlas, M3, Compass, Shark, Shark3, MD2, MD3, Vroc, Mako, Hawk, Fuse, Warrent, Buzzz SS, Evidence, Axis, Claymore, Core, Zombee, Warship.

That's pretty much only midrages, not to mention putters, fairways, or drivers. I can keep going but I think that's enough.
Indeed! Dude props to you, you mentioned the hawk! The hawk was my Roc when I started LOL it was also my rock. I leaned on and learned from that disc.
Old 06-23-2018, 10:57 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 23.7
Courses Played: 136
Niced 905 Times in 387 Posts

Hawks are one of those discs that just turned into a glideless turd when it was run in Z. It was a kinda Cobra-ish mid that would flip and it would glide out and come back. The Z's didn't flip and didn't glide but oh boy they would fade. You had to have a cannon to get a Z Hawk to go anywhere. I'm surprised it hasn't gone OOP. They were cool back in the day, though.
Old 06-24-2018, 01:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 6
Niced 466 Times in 342 Posts

Uhhh, Pro D hawk all the way. No premium plastic for mids, touch, approach discs/putters.

Old 06-24-2018, 03:19 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 12
Niced 347 Times in 198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
No premium plastic for mids, touch, approach discs/putters.
Why?