#141  
Old 06-18-2018, 05:55 AM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,469
Niced 451 Times in 383 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
I have found the Impact a disc to be a good woods disc golf disc except that the Shark/Shark 3 is not a bad option either as the Impact is a faster mid/fairway hybrid that is labeled a fairway by Discraft.
Impact not as understable as Infinite Discs shows on the flight path as it is more like a Wombat/Wombat 3.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 06-18-2018, 08:30 PM
JeCroisQue JeCroisQue is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Courses Played: 25
Posts: 647
Niced 133 Times in 78 Posts
Default

I would vote for a beat in roc if it was an option. Never got along with the comet and was never a mako guy. I'm not sure why you need a specific disc for the woods. They all work in the woods. it's not like one is magically better than another.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 06-18-2018, 09:12 PM
Keller's Avatar
Keller Keller is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Above ground
Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,671
Niced 1,150 Times in 555 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeCroisQue View Post
I would vote for a beat in roc if it was an option. Never got along with the comet and was never a mako guy. I'm not sure why you need a specific disc for the woods. They all work in the woods. it's not like one is magically better than another.
Well now, that just makes too much damn sense!

That kind of common sense logic is going to get you in trouble in these here "this vs that" threads.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 06-19-2018, 11:30 AM
Baseballadp Baseballadp is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 315
Niced 58 Times in 50 Posts
Default

A beat star roc3 is more controlllable on drives to hen a mako3. But I vote mako3 from the options
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 06-22-2018, 01:33 PM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,469
Niced 451 Times in 383 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeCroisQue View Post
I would vote for a beat in roc if it was an option. Never got along with the comet and was never a mako guy. I'm not sure why you need a specific disc for the woods. They all work in the woods. it's not like one is magically better than another.
Try using a Champion or Champion MF Gator on the straight woods line, those are so overstable the disc would not work. Also a Viper would not work either, too overstable for a disc until its DX only plastic beats in quite a bit.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 06-23-2018, 02:36 PM
JeCroisQue JeCroisQue is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Courses Played: 25
Posts: 647
Niced 133 Times in 78 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Try using a Champion or Champion MF Gator on the straight woods line, those are so overstable the disc would not work. Also a Viper would not work either, too overstable for a disc until its DX only plastic beats in quite a bit.
You're kind of missing the point of my comment. Those discs you mentioned work very well on a tight wooded hole that needs a hyzer out, if OP is looking for a straight shot then they wont work. There's about 50 discs off the top of my head that go straight, all of them work well in the woods, so I'm not sure why you picked 2 of the most overstable discs possible.

Buzzz, Truth, Emac Truth, Roc, VRoc, Roc3, Comet, Meteor, Spider, Atlas, M3, Compass, Shark, Shark3, MD2, MD3, Vroc, Mako, Hawk, Fuse, Warrent, Buzzz SS, Evidence, Axis, Claymore, Core, Zombee, Warship.

That's pretty much only midrages, not to mention putters, fairways, or drivers. I can keep going but I think that's enough.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 06-23-2018, 11:42 PM
Grippenripp's Avatar
Grippenripp Grippenripp is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Morrow OH.
Courses Played: 6
Posts: 1,861
Niced 548 Times in 404 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeCroisQue View Post
You're kind of missing the point of my comment. Those discs you mentioned work very well on a tight wooded hole that needs a hyzer out, if OP is looking for a straight shot then they wont work. There's about 50 discs off the top of my head that go straight, all of them work well in the woods, so I'm not sure why you picked 2 of the most overstable discs possible.

Buzzz, Truth, Emac Truth, Roc, VRoc, Roc3, Comet, Meteor, Spider, Atlas, M3, Compass, Shark, Shark3, MD2, MD3, Vroc, Mako, Hawk, Fuse, Warrent, Buzzz SS, Evidence, Axis, Claymore, Core, Zombee, Warship.

That's pretty much only midrages, not to mention putters, fairways, or drivers. I can keep going but I think that's enough.
Indeed! Dude props to you, you mentioned the hawk! The hawk was my Roc when I started LOL it was also my rock. I leaned on and learned from that disc.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 06-23-2018, 11:57 PM
Three Putt's Avatar
Three Putt Three Putt is offline
*Super Moderator*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rolla, MO.
Years Playing: 23.9
Courses Played: 139
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 8,437
Niced 1,073 Times in 430 Posts
Default

Hawks are one of those discs that just turned into a glideless turd when it was run in Z. It was a kinda Cobra-ish mid that would flip and it would glide out and come back. The Z's didn't flip and didn't glide but oh boy they would fade. You had to have a cannon to get a Z Hawk to go anywhere. I'm surprised it hasn't gone OOP. They were cool back in the day, though.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 06-24-2018, 02:52 PM
Grippenripp's Avatar
Grippenripp Grippenripp is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Morrow OH.
Courses Played: 6
Posts: 1,861
Niced 548 Times in 404 Posts
Default

Uhhh, Pro D hawk all the way. No premium plastic for mids, touch, approach discs/putters.
Reply With Quote
 

  #150  
Old 06-24-2018, 04:19 PM
discerdoo's Avatar
discerdoo discerdoo is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 636
Niced 393 Times in 224 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
No premium plastic for mids, touch, approach discs/putters.
Why?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mako3 vs Comet bankiebomber Discs 15 06-22-2015 01:53 PM
Tiger Woods of Disc Golf Johnson General Disc Golf Chat 45 01-07-2011 12:06 AM
How to play disc golf in the woods stevep Technique & Strategy 2 04-23-2010 03:46 AM
Wii Motion Plus Disc golf/Tiger Woods timg General Disc Golf Chat 25 07-15-2009 10:47 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.