Old 07-21-2018, 04:59 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 24.9
Courses Played: 135
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,420 Times in 887 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefstang View Post
So this happened again. Order was in over a month ago and we still haven't received any tracking info at all with the event three days away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by `cjc View Post
Dynamic Discs shorted us ten putters on our Trilogy Challenge order. Then promised to send the 10 putters but apparently (cough) they used the wrong zip code. After several conversations Dynamic is sending out the putters Monday July 23, two days after our Trilogy Challenge!

Dynamic discs can't fullfull their obligations for the Trilogy Challenge.

They could have shipped the package with an overnight delivery, but their too incompetent to do the right thing.

I just wanted to let the disc community now how Dynamic Discs operates.

Sincerely,. ~cjc. Chris Cole 41461
I find this thread to be pretty tone-deaf.

I've been running disc golf events for 12 years. People show up and expect you to have done a lot of work preparing a course, securing players pack, getting prizes for the payout, etc. They really don't know how much work it is because most players have never done it. So you go out and do the work and make your order in plenty of time because you don't want to sweat players packs at the last second. You want the stuff with enough lead time to get ready without a last-second thrash.

What seems to happen is every year places order stuff late. The vendors want all the events to come off successfully so they scramble to get the late orders out. If you order a month early, they don't scramble to get your stuff out. It gets put on the back-burner to fill later. So if you order a month early it's still going to get filled right before the event, along with all the "we ordered late" orders that need to get out. It ends up doing you no good to be organized, you still get put in the scramble.

I've been doing an Ace Race for a decade. The earliest I've ever gotten the players packs was on the Thursday before a Saturday event. I ran Birdie Bashes when Vibram was a thing. Got the stuff on Thursday or Friday before the event. Now we do this Lat 64 Challenge thing. We get the stuff on Friday. Every time I go to run one of these things, I start sweating on Monday, then stress out the rest of the week waiting for the stuff. Then I end up staying up late on Friday organizing players packs, then getting up early to be at the park to run the event on Saturday. It's a lot of stress for what actually should be an easy/fun event to run.

That's from somebody who has always actually gotten the order. If I didn't get the stuff and had one of these thing blow up on me, I'd blow a gasket. My stress level is already so high that by the time I didn't get the order I'd be have a screaming/phone-throwing tantrum. And I'd probably go online and trash the company everywhere I could think to post it.

The problem is the places that order late. Places order late because players don't pre-register, then call and go "man, can I still get in?" Ordering is a guessing game unto itself. You don't want to get stuck with a bunch of stuff, but you don't want to be short. You know people are going to miss the deadline and try to register late. So you wait, and wait, and wait...blow off the deadline then order late. I'm not even mad at the places that order late, I know why they do it. It's a vicious cycle, though.

I have no answers, but I really feel for places that get a messed-up order. You put a lot of work into offering quality events and then Boom! Your event is a failure before you even start. You guys have every right to be mad.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 07-23-2018, 01:28 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 34.3
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 126 Times in 83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
The problem is the places that order late.
There's absolutely nothing preventing the vendors from shipping the product that was ordered a month early on time so it arrives a week early. Nothing.

Niced: (2)
Old 07-23-2018, 08:28 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 15
Niced 7 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFL View Post
There's absolutely nothing preventing the vendors from shipping the product that was ordered a month early on time so it arrives a week early. Nothing.
We didn't order late. They shipped the entire package, minus ten putters.

We informed them of their screw up ten days before the event.

They could have easily overnight shipped the ten putters.

The event went well. Ten Novice players had use their own putters.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Old 07-25-2018, 01:36 AM

Niced 90 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by `cjc View Post
Dynamic Discs shorted us ten putters on our Trilogy Challenge.

I just wanted to let the disc community now how Dynamic Discs operates.

Sincerely,. ~cjc. Chris Cole 41461
When I checked our fb reviews and saw this I felt awful. I know it has to be frustrating to have this happen. We work hard to get these orders correct, but we certainly failed in this instance.

I don't work with the shipping part of our operation but on behalf of DD I'd like to apologize for the mishap.

I did discuss this with a few people at DD and from my understanding we were able to refund some of the cost to the event's TD for the inconvenience.

We don't takes these situations lightly and ways to improve were discussed.

Thanks,
Bobby

Last edited by cooldaddyslickbreeze; 07-25-2018 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Left out a word