Old 01-11-2019, 02:30 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 764 Times in 655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
Just watch... in 2 years McBeth star Destroyers will be a hot commodity and go for $40 each used. Destroyers appreciate faster than precious metals.
Unless they are the Champion ones, those Destroyer are considered garbage by players for some reason though I and another player have used them and like them in the bag. He has different use for the Champion Destroyer disc then me as I use them for my OS distance driver
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2019, 02:53 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 2
Niced 427 Times in 312 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Unless they are the Champion ones, those Destroyer are considered garbage by players for some reason though I and another player have used them and like them in the bag. He has different use for the Champion Destroyer disc then me as I use them for my OS distance driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
Just watch... in 2 years McBeth star Destroyers will be a hot commodity and go for $40 each used. Destroyers appreciate faster than precious metals.
Casey, I get the feeling you need glasses, or another class in comprehension.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:35 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 31
Niced 330 Times in 165 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbia gorge View Post
The biggest Innova release?
Is something else going to outsell the Star Destroyer?
Old 01-11-2019, 10:38 AM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,182 Times in 1,608 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbia gorge View Post
The biggest Innova release?
Of the year, yes. With McBeth now working for a competitor, Wysocki is Innova's biggest news item... of the year. And yes, I agree that they're doing a very poor job with the marketing of all this...
Old 01-11-2019, 11:18 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 99 Times in 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Of the year, yes. With McBeth now working for a competitor, Wysocki is Innova's biggest news item... of the year. And yes, I agree that they're doing a very poor job with the marketing of all this...
Its just a destroyer with a new stamp. Its not really that big of a deal. What else is innova supposed to do? They dont have to try hard to market stuff. They could sell destroyers with dong stamps, and people would still buy them.

Niced: (2)
Old 01-11-2019, 11:47 AM

Niced 29 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian.w View Post
Its just a destroyer with a new stamp. Its not really that big of a deal. What else is innova supposed to do? They dont have to try hard to market stuff. They could sell destroyers with dong stamps, and people would still buy them.
This guy gets it.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:56 AM
Par Member

Niced 12 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser flippin View Post
Is something else going to outsell the Star Destroyer?
Who knows but doubtful. All this is is another destroyer with another stamp. I really hope Innova has more up their sleeve than this. Ricky doesnt even come close the moving the needle like Paul but theyve got to do better and more than this.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:14 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 24
Niced 158 Times in 110 Posts

I like the fact that there are destroyer variances. As long as you know what to look for, you can get a cycle going pretty easily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Niced: (1)
Old 01-11-2019, 01:09 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,182 Times in 1,608 Posts

Quote:
Very true. I was just expressing my agreement that it's Innova's biggest release of the year, not of all time. And I was also saying that Innova didn't do their best marketing the Wysocki arrival, as opposed to Destroyers (which, as you said, need very little marketing).

Old 01-11-2019, 01:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 692 Times in 545 Posts

Quote:
I see both sides of the argument. Destroyers are great drivers and would (theoretically) sell well no matter how hard Innova pushed them or whose signature was on the disc. However, DG'ers are an often fickle group. They seem to want to buy discs based on marketing hype and certain pros throwing them. Plus, many star Destroyers seem to be bought for collector reasons, hence all the sniping about the new stamp.

What I think is interesting is the recent (and rampant) hype around Discraft. Suddenly Forces and Buzzzes are super hot commodities. Paul really is a big name in DG. Wherever he goes, success in disc marketing/sales will follow.

What will be interesting to see in the future is how many people threw Destroyers simply because Paul McBeth did, vs. how many people throw them because they really like the mold and get good use out of it.

I'm no expert on market trends, but I'd assume that star Destroyer sales will remain fairly steady in the future. The mold is well established and thrown by many, many good players. I can't see tons of guys abandoning the Destroyer simply because Paul switched brands. That said, there will be an immediate uptick in interest in Discraft molds. Especially the new molds they've just come out with per Mcbeth's desires.