Old 05-22-2019, 01:24 PM

Years Playing: 32.7
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 28 Times in 14 Posts

about the only thing I've ever done a lot as a kid is play catch with my Dad with a frisbee, it's surprising how bad my form is because although I cant really remember how I was throwing the frisbee, I remember it being similar to throwing a disc.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2019, 01:33 PM

Years Playing: 32.7
Courses Played: 14
Niced 28 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Absolutely I find really I can only think about adjusting one or two things at a time. The trick is figuring out what to concentrate on first.. A lot of times when I start learning better technique I lose of some footage but gain accuracy and after a few weeks I gain some footage
yeah I'm the same way, back in the day I didn't have youtube videos about proper form to even watch or even internet for that matter. I clearly binge watched way too much video in the offseason so now when I go up there to throw I have a million thoughts running through my head about what each part of my body is supposed to be doing and none of it comes together like it should. Very similar to ball golf.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:53 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 35.9
Courses Played: 2
Niced 77 Times in 46 Posts

I was throwing a lot of nose up drives. Figured out that i was getting my arm too far ahead of shoulder. Now I let the shoulder turn bring the arm into position and am throwing flatter and further. Eliminating the X step and /or making it much slower and condensed has also helped. Long run ups get me nothing.

Niced: (1)
Old 05-22-2019, 02:09 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 18
Niced 166 Times in 102 Posts

I forgot to mention that I liked the video I posted because the idea of "stop hugging yourself" is easy enough to remember... I started off by standing in place and reaching in front of me (not toward the basket, but straight out in front of me) and then rotating my waist to reach "back". This is what he meant by not hugging yourself. He mentions it's like dancing with a partner, where you are reaching out towards your partner, and not reaching across your chest (which is like hugging yourself). I don't do this preparation in steps anymore, but every time I step up to my shot (especially since I'm standing still on most of them), my thought is on getting my feet correct and then reaching correctly.

Old 05-22-2019, 02:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 5
Niced 755 Times in 527 Posts

Yeah that thing I posted about the wide rail with the pictures helped me a lot... I'd been using a straight arm/ hand motion rather than that snappy S. That took a month to digest. Or two.. I walked around swishing my arm getting the feel for that extra snap, drove the dog nuts..

A standstill half step is helpful too.. The more you take out of your throw like legwork the more you can concentrate on arm work.. I coil up my body, feet tight like I'm just coming into the last stride out of an X step... load the arm. Body is turned 35 degrees with the back of my shoulder aimed at the basket.
Now Im ready.. Short step forward, then the arm moves forward, then release as my weight is over my foot, half step forward to follow through. Kinda like a pitcher with that leg kick/step.

I led with my arm for years.. I'm still breaking that habit especially with my putting.

My mind is as jumbled as the words sometimes, hope something helps.

Last edited by ThrowaEnvy; 05-22-2019 at 02:16 PM.