Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 286
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 207 Times in 87 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
agreed

you and I are a rare breed of Discer.

Not a disc of mine has ink. I hate it. Plus I always say "If I cannot find it somebody DESERVES it" because I will hunt for a LONG time for my disc...my....presssccciouss. and if i cant find it....its a gift to the world.
How do you play PDGA's?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2014, 12:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 248
Niced 352 Times in 175 Posts

Finders keepers. It if was important enough they wouldn't have been left it behind. I'll ask people on the course the day I find it, but after I've left the course it's mine. I don't expect to get a call back even if it's marked. I probably lose 2-3 discs a year and for the last 10 years and I've only been called once, which is crappy, but not unexpected.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 29.6
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,524 Times in 504 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Butlertron View Post
Finders keepers. It if was important enough they wouldn't have been left it behind. I'll ask people on the course the day I find it, but after I've left the course it's mine. I don't expect to get a call back even if it's marked. I probably lose 2-3 discs a year and for the last 10 years and I've only been called once, which is crappy, but not unexpected.

Bragging about your lack of respect for other people's property? Classy!
Old 08-29-2019, 01:30 AM

Courses Played: 6
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iDiscGolf View Post
I don't ink my discs, because;

1. I watch we're my discs go, walk to it, mark my lie, and throw again
2. It's ugly, and lowers resale value
3. I have many more discs and can buy more

So, with that said if I don't mark my disc with name and number, i don't intend to get it back and I don't feel bad at all if I lose one or two out there and never see it again... I'm not gonna lose sleep and I hope whoever finds them gets use out of them and is stoked on finding a good un inked disc in the woods! It's kinda like an unintentional Pay it Forward type deal.

I say it's yours! (UNLESS someone comes up to you and asks did you find a disc on the course and they say the exact kind and color, then hand it over of course)
Wow, unbelievably jerky opinion and comment.
Old 08-29-2019, 01:33 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 384 Times in 136 Posts

Arise, thread! Arise from the dead and do the bidding of the necromancer!

Old 08-29-2019, 04:35 AM

Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by timj5304 View Post
We have a Facebook group in our twin cities community that people post on when they lose a disc and where it was lost at. Outside of that I often trade in the dx ones at pias for store credit and sell the rest in lots on dollar disc golf auctions. Then after a while save the money and buy a top notch first run buzzz essentially for free
So the people know where they lost the disc but instead of searching more themselves they post on Facebook and hope others find it for them. This is why I don't blame people for keeping discs that they find. You can just leave it there or put it on top of the basket but that will likely just result in someone else taking it LOL
Old 08-29-2019, 05:18 AM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 360
Niced 730 Times in 256 Posts

Apparently 2019 attitudes on lost discs aren't all that different from 2014 ones.

Old 08-29-2019, 07:15 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 15
Niced 464 Times in 281 Posts

I’ve thrown discs, watched where they land, then looked for them for 45-1 hour and not found them there. Sometimes they take crazy ground play or slide under stuff, or kick wildly low but far away from where they “land”. Heck I just found one I swear I saw land in one spot about 150’ up and 60’ left of where o thought it was. It took mowing to uncover it in the chest deep grass.

Point is you can’t look forever, and don’t always see it land where it goes. Sometimes you have to keep playing and try to come back later, or another day.

Don’t be a dick, call people when you find a disc.

Old 08-29-2019, 07:33 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 325
Niced 225 Times in 107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtydirtybirds View Post
Don’t be a dick, call people when you find a disc.
Please explain this logic. You've already assumed the disc is lost. Whether the disc remains buried in underbrush, at the bottom of a lake, or in someone else's bag, it's not in your possession. You'd rather it remain 'lost than having someone else throwing it?

Old 08-29-2019, 09:28 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.2
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 67 Times in 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmay View Post
Wow, unbelievably jerky opinion and comment.
I believe this to be the opinion of someone who can hit his lines and has a bigger budget. I have neither of those so I mark mine.

I don't expect the person who found my disc to contact me but its nice when they do. More often than not I will tell the person to keep it. Recently I lost a putter at a course 30 minutes from my house. I told him to keep it but the finder told me next time im in the area to let him know and we will play a round and he'll give me my disc back. That was very cool of him.

Alternately if I find a disc with info, I contact them. Its good karma. More often than not they tell me to keep it. The last guy was amazed that a disc he lost in Texas wound up in Michigan.

I have no issue keeping an unmarked disc. If I don't throw it, I can trade it in for something I do.

Niced: (1)