Old 08-27-2019, 11:46 PM

Years Playing: 24.2
Courses Played: 119
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 10 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerth_vader View Post
could you compare this xt with the bullfrog xt
I gave away my Bullfrog, but the aviarx3 plastic doesn't feel as rubbery to me.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 09-15-2019, 12:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 32
Niced 515 Times in 319 Posts

I just watched Ricky's last In The Bag & he said he only throws his AX3 for BH's.

Anyone using the AX3 for short FH's off the tee & approaches? I'd like to test one against my Berg.

Is the Luster Champion the most OS AX3?
Old 09-15-2019, 01:36 PM

Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
I just watched Ricky's last In The Bag & he said he only throws his AX3 for BH's.

Anyone using the AX3 for short FH's off the tee & approaches? I'd like to test one against my Berg.

I was for a bit but I like the Pig better for that slot. I really only use it when my I think my Gator might be too long. They're really similar in glide and flight.
If you're comparing to a Berg you may want to try that.
Old 09-15-2019, 04:51 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 16
Niced 38 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:

I don't use it off the tee, but I use a 175g Luster AX3 for all FH approach duties and love it. The only other plastic I've thrown it in is Star at 170g. They were both OS, but I like the puddle top and durability in the Luster plastic. I've had a lot of great anny FHs with it to get out of trouble too. It slowly pans to flat and usually lands that way unless I give it a lot of height.

Old 09-15-2019, 05:04 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 31 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtemisClydFr0g View Post
I like the puddle top and durability in the Luster plastic.
You found Luster AX3s with a puddle top? I have color glow champ and star AX3s that are puddle top, but the luster I've seen have flat tops.

I love my AX3s for any controlled shot 250' and under. I wouldn't care much for the flat top AX3s; the puddle top makes for the perfect shape, IMO.
Old 09-16-2019, 02:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 528 Times in 337 Posts

Quote:

Seems like a great option for short FHs. I heard Ricky say the same thing, and I actually prefer the AX3 for FH over BH. I prefer slightly more glide with BH, and this thing falls like a rock thanks to the puddle top.

Slightly less OS than a harp or zone, slightly slower too, slightly faster and more OS than a champ rhyno. These all fly so similarly that we're only talking 10% difference here and there, and I have always found that I can pull off the exact same shots with any of these "OS upshot/approach" discs, just with slightly different release angles.

It comes down to preference - if you want a deeper, more putter-like zone with a more blunt nose, perfect. Or if you're exclusively an Innova thrower and not a fan of RPro, this is the clear choice for the OS upshot slot (over the Pig in poopy RPro)
Old 09-16-2019, 07:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,594 Times in 1,648 Posts

Quote:
I bet you'll find the AX3 to have a bit more fade and be faster than the Berg...kind of seeking the ground because the overstability makes it die a bit vs. the Berg where the speed and bulkiness makes it seek the ground as it slows quickly.

I think the Berg would be a bit better at doing the FH run the chains but stop not too far past the basket type of thing.

I've barely thrown the AX3 but that's how it seems to me. Feels great in hand. Closer to the Zone than the Berg. Berg is a very unique flyer and has an interesting shape that feels good in a different way than any other disc.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:54 PM
* Ace Member *

I think I'm just looking to condense molds & thought the AX3 could be that medium between my PA1 & Berg. I usually only use the Berg FH & PA1 BH. Was thinking the AX3 could be a mold that I could do both with so I'm keeping the same disc in my hand more.

Just feeling like I only need one OS putter mold. Probably just need to buy one & see if it works out.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:11 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 158 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
I think I'm just looking to condense molds & thought the AX3 could be that medium between my PA1 & Berg. I usually only use the Berg FH & PA1 BH. Was thinking the AX3 could be a mold that I could do both with so I'm keeping the same disc in my hand more.

Just feeling like I only need one OS putter mold. Probably just need to buy one & see if it works out.
I think you'd like it, it's a great disc. Overstable and reliable, but not a meathook.

I see you bag a buzzz os, I'd say it's a slower, shorter buzzz os in a lot of ways. I've thrown champ, star, and color glow and they were similar in stability.

Old 09-17-2019, 11:27 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumberjack504 View Post
I think you'd like it, it's a great disc. Overstable and reliable, but not a meathook.

I see you bag a buzzz os, I'd say it's a slower, shorter buzzz os in a lot of ways. I've thrown champ, star, and color glow and they were similar in stability.
I've got a 175g Champion on the way. I've heard they're usually flat & not puddle. I'll have fun bringing it out with my Pa1's & Berg to see what fits.

Would be great if the AviarX3 works well both FH & BH so I can condense & make my choices simpler.