^ the MVP mid purge continues....
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 09-25-2019, 11:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 5
Niced 755 Times in 527 Posts

Well all I can say is the new month is coming and there had better be some good news in the next update from MVP. I'm not holding my breath though because I haven't heard any chatter about new and approved discs. Nothing.

I don't know who's bright idea it was to even tell us they were discontinuing production on all those discs. Did they think we would all go clamoring to stock up? It's just a big kick in the junk to their loyal fanbase and doesn't do anything to bring in new fans.

"Hey we agree that we aren't making midranges that are universally loved. It's old technology and we can do better... so we won't make mids anymore until we can get it right. No we haven't figured it out yet but don't worry we're working on it even though we haven't sent anything for approval"

I don't know maybe they are tweeking and reusing existing approvals?

They could have at least released one super awesome mid and then maybe a news release:

"Hey we made you this, more to come! and sorry but our old molding isn't going to work in the new factory..."

Bah!!! I need good news, I'm not betting my mid slot on a Matrix electron or otherwise.

Hello Comet my old friend... I've come to play with you again.

Old 09-25-2019, 03:20 PM

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Got my first taste in Gyro-plastic with the Neutron Proxy and a Neutron Envy. Absolutely love them both. But, the Proxy is a bit understable and the Envy is a bit overstable. So i'm looking for something in between. Like the stability of the Envy without the fade.
Old 09-25-2019, 03:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 194
Niced 1,873 Times in 1,083 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thmz View Post
Got my first taste in Gyro-plastic with the Neutron Proxy and a Neutron Envy. Absolutely love them both. But, the Proxy is a bit understable and the Envy is a bit overstable. So i'm looking for something in between. Like the stability of the Envy without the fade.
whats the point mvp will just take the mold away in a few months anyways
Old 09-25-2019, 03:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 940 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Atom
Old 09-25-2019, 03:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,112 Times in 636 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
whats the point mvp will just take the mold away in a few months anyways
Considering Envy is MVP/Axiom/Streamline best selling disc and one of the best selling putters of anyone, I doubt it.

Maybe a plastic type from the Proxy...
Old 09-25-2019, 04:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 52
Niced 4,289 Times in 2,272 Posts

Quote:
If you are looking for something that just goes straight even when you rip on it hard, you just need to break in that Envy a bit. Like suggested above, an Atom will fit in between the envy/proxy but they do have a bit of turn to them. So, like the Proxy, if you rip it hard they will sometimes flip over if your release isn't clean.

If you aren't one of those who wants a bunch of pretty discs in their bag, take the Envy flip it over and scuff the top up on a teepad/sidewalk and don't be gentle. It should knock a quarter to half a point off the fade and help speed up the seasoning.

If you're wanting a faster break in, then go throw it into a big tree really hard several times.

Old 09-25-2019, 06:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 92 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
The Proxy is barely understable and flips super slow. Take a little time to meet it where it is at and you will get laser straight shots from the slightest hyzer.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Neutron Atom. haha.

Old 09-25-2019, 07:42 PM
* Ace Member *

You could try beating in a soft electron Envy as well or try a 5G lighter plasma Envy. (To be more helpful)

Niced: (1)