#1341  
Old 09-25-2019, 10:07 PM
Mike C's Avatar
Mike C Mike C is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: OH
Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 122
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,796
Niced 566 Times in 347 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
The Proxy is barely understable and flips super slow. Take a little time to meet it where it is at and you will get laser straight shots from the slightest hyzer.
Agreed. Give the proxy just a touch of hyzer, and with a clean throw it will fly laser beams as far as you can toss it.

Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #1342  
Old 09-27-2019, 05:52 PM
slowplastic slowplastic is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 6,254
Niced 2,594 Times in 1,648 Posts
Default

Anyone have any advice on how to develop the inevitable "puddle top" on Anodes/Ions a little sooner? I much prefer the lower profile feel, release, and even flight once they are like this but it seems to take 8-12 months of normal time/wear for me for that to happen.

Actually I don't even know why they do that...if it's sun exposure, temperature changes, or just smashing into things over and over until the flight plate changes shape relative to the rim.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #1343  
Old 09-27-2019, 06:16 PM
elmexdela elmexdela is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Courses Played: 210
Posts: 8,056
Niced 1,902 Times in 1,100 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
Anyone have any advice on how to develop the inevitable "puddle top" on Anodes/Ions a little sooner? I much prefer the lower profile feel, release, and even flight once they are like this but it seems to take 8-12 months of normal time/wear for me for that to happen.

Actually I don't even know why they do that...if it's sun exposure, temperature changes, or just smashing into things over and over until the flight plate changes shape relative to the rim.
i wonder if you try some suction type bull****

like smash two discs together and pull them apart

obviously the second disc you dont care about
Reply With Quote
  #1344  
Old 09-27-2019, 06:36 PM
slowplastic slowplastic is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 6,254
Niced 2,594 Times in 1,648 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
i wonder if you try some suction type bull****

like smash two discs together and pull them apart

obviously the second disc you dont care about
Have you found all your Ions eventually puddle top naturally over time/use?
Reply With Quote
  #1345  
Old 09-27-2019, 06:36 PM
wolfmandragon's Avatar
wolfmandragon wolfmandragon is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Morristown, TN
Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,576
Niced 1,131 Times in 646 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
Anyone have any advice on how to develop the inevitable "puddle top" on Anodes/Ions a little sooner? I much prefer the lower profile feel, release, and even flight once they are like this but it seems to take 8-12 months of normal time/wear for me for that to happen.

Actually I don't even know why they do that...if it's sun exposure, temperature changes, or just smashing into things over and over until the flight plate changes shape relative to the rim.
An oven on warm will do the trick. I tried to heat set a dye job on an Neutron Inspire and it became unusable OS.

Upside down on a shaving cream bed, oven on warm broil . Dangerous, but it should work if you catch it at the right time. Too long and it's gonna be warped.
Reply With Quote
  #1346  
Old 09-27-2019, 06:55 PM
slowplastic slowplastic is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 6,254
Niced 2,594 Times in 1,648 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
An oven on warm will do the trick. I tried to heat set a dye job on an Neutron Inspire and it became unusable OS.

Upside down on a shaving cream bed, oven on warm broil . Dangerous, but it should work if you catch it at the right time. Too long and it's gonna be warped.
I was kind of thinking heat might be a major factor, maybe I'll leave it in the sun to be safer about it...not worth ruining it to me, just wanted to speed up the process a little.
Reply With Quote
  #1347  
Old 09-27-2019, 06:56 PM
elmexdela elmexdela is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Courses Played: 210
Posts: 8,056
Niced 1,902 Times in 1,100 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
Have you found all your Ions eventually puddle top naturally over time/use?
yeah plaz and proton

ive never had a neutron ion around long enough to find out

i got a few extra puddle tops if youre interested
Reply With Quote
  #1348  
Old 09-27-2019, 07:07 PM
slowplastic slowplastic is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 6,254
Niced 2,594 Times in 1,648 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
yeah plaz and proton

ive never had a neutron ion around long enough to find out

i got a few extra puddle tops if youre interested
Yeah my Neutron Anode does that too...so had Neutron/Proton/Eclipse which is proton all do it.

I'm just cycling Anodes and it's been a while since I added a fresh one so it's more noticeable than I thought with the different hand profile. I'll continue throwing it and leave it in the yard on sunny days I think.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #1349  
Old 09-27-2019, 08:32 PM
ThrowaEnvy's Avatar
ThrowaEnvy ThrowaEnvy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pender Is. B.C.
Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 5
Posts: 2,235
Niced 768 Times in 536 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
I was kind of thinking heat might be a major factor, maybe I'll leave it in the sun to be safer about it...not worth ruining it to me, just wanted to speed up the process a little.
Just sun tan it.. Leave it in a basket or somewhere flat and flip it over every day for a week or two.. Works decent in Spring and Fall, it can cause severe fading in the summer.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #1350  
Old 09-27-2019, 09:04 PM
ThrowaEnvy's Avatar
ThrowaEnvy ThrowaEnvy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pender Is. B.C.
Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 5
Posts: 2,235
Niced 768 Times in 536 Posts
Default

If you want to get crazy, there's the dishwasher or put it flat in a big pot and pour hotish (not boiling) water over the top to cover and push on it with with a small steel bowl, you can add extra water to the bowl to increase the weight if needed. You can also adjust water temp by adding more hot from the kettle.

I do it in reverse with a disc or bowl on the bottom both discs upside down and then pour hot water in the top one another steel bowl on top sitting in disc to pop out clover tops. Haha

Last edited by ThrowaEnvy; 09-27-2019 at 09:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV) Noill Discs 5530 02-24-2019 12:36 PM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III) Three Putt Discs 5403 06-13-2016 12:16 PM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II) Three Putt Discs 4612 05-16-2014 05:11 PM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) cmrichar Discs 5362 05-11-2013 09:34 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.