Old 10-19-2019, 08:51 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 35.9
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 77 Times in 46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Bolfconvert is that guy who just started playing and got RREEAALLLLYY into disc golf. He'll course correct after a few years playing and mellow out.
Mellow out? I doubt it. I will still look down at those who put their desires above everyone else's and refuse to give respect where it should be given. Leagues are the lifeline of disc golf and I find it ironic that those here who profess so much love for the game, will on the other hand puke all over an organized league if it causes them the slightest inconvenience.
Old 10-19-2019, 09:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 46
Niced 4,119 Times in 1,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgolfconvert View Post
Mellow out? I doubt it. I will still look down at those who put their desires above everyone else's and refuse to give respect where it should be given. Leagues are the lifeline of disc golf and I find it ironic that those here who profess so much love for the game, will on the other hand puke all over an organized league if it causes them the slightest inconvenience.
I've been apart of leagues for the past 5-6 years and not a single one of them was douchey or entitled enough to expect a public course to be closed for them.

Old 10-19-2019, 09:13 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 94
Niced 2,021 Times in 843 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
I've been apart of leagues for the past 5-6 years and not a single one of them was douchey or entitled enough to expect a public course to be closed for them.
same... except it is 20+ years...

Old 10-19-2019, 10:19 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 4
Niced 226 Times in 71 Posts

Quote:
YIf some folks are playing full court basketball at a public park and you want to practice free throws, what do you do? Do you barge on the court and tell them you have the right to shoot when and where you want? Not a recipe for success in my opinion.
Not the same thing. There is no easy method of allowing someone to play through when playing full court.

Quote:
So your gym is a public park?

The point here is respect. If a league is ongoing you give it respect. The league should give you respect by pointing out where you can play without interfering with the league. You give respect to the league by staying out of their way. It isn't an all or nothing proposition. Your opinion is that you shouldn't give respect to anyone, that only what you want matters. Kind of the same mentality that Weema has.
Quote:
You have a weird idea of what respect is. How about you respect the fact that a person has absolutely as much right to play the public course when and where they see fit as the league does? No one is "puking all over an organized league" but instead simply pointing out that a league doesn't automatically have a right to puke all over a player or group of players playing at the same time as the league. Take your entitlement bull**** back to ball golf.

Old 10-19-2019, 10:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 87
Niced 1,709 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Disagree. The lifeline to disc golf are the courses. Without them, both public and private, there are no leagues, no casual play no tournaments. If you are going to be a douche nozzle to other patrons of the parks just because you're running a league how do you think those running the park are going to react to that? If you make life irritating to those that own/run the course (who are usually NOT disc golfers) you put the course closer to being pulled and then everyone looses.

Several times I've had people be idiots when I was running a league and showed some disrespect to what I was trying to do. Know what I said? Not a dang thing. Just not a hill worth dying on. Be like Elza and "Let It Go."

Old 10-19-2019, 11:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 29.6
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,536 Times in 509 Posts

Leagues are the lifeline? That's news to the thousands of casuals who far outnumber local league players.

Old 10-19-2019, 11:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.6
Courses Played: 95
Niced 913 Times in 354 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Some golfers think all you have to do is claim (fill in the blank) is slowing the growth of the sport and everyone will come to their side.

It's been said before, no one is watching but other disc golfers.
Old 10-19-2019, 12:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,112 Times in 636 Posts

Quote:
Your rights end when they impinge on others rights. If a league starts on holes 1-9, then you need to start elsewhere. If you jump in the middle you are a world class jerk, reserved course or not. It really is that simple. If some folks are playing full court basketball at a public park and you want to practice free throws, what do you do? Do you barge on the court and tell them you have the right to shoot when and where you want? Not a recipe for success in my opinion.
No wonder you don't play ball golf any more. You would be ran over by a golf cart in my area with an attitude like that. One always allows faster players to play through. Doesn't matter if it is a private country club or a pubic muni course.

I avoid the league jerks in my area as well. That's where the drama queens all gather at.

Old 10-19-2019, 12:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,112 Times in 636 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
I avoid the league jerks in my area as well. That's where the drama queens all gather at.
I do apologize to anyone whom runs a drama free league. My afore mentioned comment was a bit of a hot headed response.... I didn't count to 10 and outside my 5 minute edit window.

Niced: (2)

Last edited by wolfmandragon; 10-19-2019 at 12:54 PM.