Old 09-14-2018, 02:45 AM
Par Member

Niced 20 Times in 15 Posts

Trying to put things together to understand more. Is this head tilt what leads to tilted spiral and makes SW say he would fall either on his left side or ass if the plant leg slipped, while most people would fall on their face? Seppo Paju seems to have this perfected, to my understanding the power behind his hyzers are coming heavily from this? (27:04 to video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10Hi50vjKMc

What happens to this tilt when you try to keep the disc low or throw downwards to downhill?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2018, 03:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,824 Times in 1,734 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepi View Post
Trying to put things together to understand more. Is this head tilt what leads to tilted spiral and makes SW say he would fall either on his left side or ass if the plant leg slipped, while most people would fall on their face? Seppo Paju seems to have this perfected, to my understanding the power behind his hyzers are coming heavily from this? (27:04 to video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10Hi50vjKMc

What happens to this tilt when you try to keep the disc low or throw downwards to downhill?

Thanks!
Yep.

high = rear shoulder plant.

Low = butt plant.

Downhill = face or front shoulder plant.

Old 09-14-2018, 11:50 AM
Par Member

This felt really head up shin forward of nose but feels aint real 😥
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQF1A44D4XY

Think I've done everything head down so far, requires quite some work to fix
Old 09-14-2018, 12:39 PM
* Ace Member *

In Kick the Can note how my spine/head tilt targetward in the backswing and reverse tilt in the stride. Your head/spine is tilted away from target in your backswing.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-14-2018, 01:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,594 Times in 1,648 Posts

Yeah so I was turning back like this for a while.

Best I can describe it likely feels to you now is you are turning "from behind" so your butt is facing the target, but you're feeling like you're really loading into that rear hip internally, building a lot of tension. Then you're pushing laterally forward, trying to turn back more, but really those things kind of cancel out so you appear to be the same turned back angle while moving to the target closed.

In that kick the can leg swing you'll note how in the backswing, when your spine tilts targetward in an excessive way to feel it, you feel like you "want" to fall forward targetward. This is the difference in feel between being "on" the hip, where it feels like you can keep turning back as you move targetward, vs. really loading into the hip as you are doing in that video.

Old 09-16-2018, 06:13 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
Best I can describe it likely feels to you now is you are turning "from behind" so your butt is facing the target, but you're feeling like you're really loading into that rear hip internally, building a lot of tension. Then you're pushing laterally forward, trying to turn back more, but really those things kind of cancel out so you appear to be the same turned back angle while moving to the target closed.
This is excactly what I feel! I believe this is the reason I open upto to plant instead of close into it? So I should be doing stride -> turn instead of turn -> stride as I'm doing now?
Old 09-16-2018, 10:03 AM
Par Member

Think I made some progress today on that front hip clearing after doing some kick the can drill. Head still tilted wrong and it makes me want to cry 😥

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e15MJ2nUJaM

Does that look more right on getting on top of front hip and clearing it? Atleast made the throwing feel quite effortless

Old 09-16-2018, 12:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,594 Times in 1,648 Posts

Way better balance on the back hip to me, nice fast fix.

With the head thing...it almost looks to me like you pull/yank/throw the right shoulder too much or too soon during the throw? That would kind of take it right too early and take the balance out from "under your head" so it looks like the head isn't supported anymore.

Try EXACTLY what is happening in this video part, so you are fully on the front leg and then fully on the back leg. With something in your hand that has a bit of weight. Feel the pump. For example, when the disc/object is coming down from the backswing you should start feeling like the front leg is down. Then when the object is halfway down to the bottom, the front leg should be ready to "pump" through the bottom of the arc and the object should have a lot of added leverage to go all the way forward. Then it starts falling down, left leg can start to pump it once it's halfway to the bottom, then it pumps/leverages it all the way back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-KVWfUkQ3s#t=3m14s
Old 09-21-2018, 01:10 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
With the head thing...it almost looks to me like you pull/yank/throw the right shoulder too much or too soon during the throw? That would kind of take it right too early and take the balance out from "under your head"
That is probably spot on, so I basically strong arm the disc? This happens on 1 leg drill aswell. What could I do to fix this?

Thanks!

Old 09-24-2018, 01:25 AM
* Ace Member *

You really need to swing the front leg/hip further back away and tilt more, it will feel weird like your head/spine is really tipping over to the target to counter balance the leg swinging away. Then you can really swing front leg through with all your weight.

This is only swinging the leg instead of whole body: