Old 12-16-2018, 09:24 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,179 Times in 1,605 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
Evidence ain't exactly stable either.
By all accounts neither is the Witness, but the Patrol seemed to better fit what I was looking for.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2018, 10:17 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 258 Times in 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
I picked up two Evidence(s) during Infinite's Black Friday sale, and they're both pretty dead nuts straight.
I've only thrown the Trilogy Challenge one, and they were definitely on the turning side.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:51 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 426 Times in 260 Posts

Quote:
I've only thrown the Trilogy Challenge one, and they were definitely on the turning side.
Weird that your results are so different. What you're describing sounds closer to what I get out of a Tursas. How far do you chuck them? I haven't really given mine a full rip, and really just use it on holes 275 and under. I could see how over 300 they'd be a turnover disc, but I prefer to throw a fairway at that distance rather than wildly throw a mid as hard as I can (and that's about as far as I can max a mid).

I don't like to use the phrase because it seems like everyone does, and rarely is it true, but the Evidence for me is the proverbial "holds any line" midrange. On hyzer release it flips to just short of flat and gently fades out. On an anny release it holds the angle forever through the ground. Flat is where you'd think the disc would shine, but is actually super finicky. Thrown perfect it'll turn a little, fade a little, and end exactly where you aimed it. However, because it holds any line that also means that if your flat release isn't quite flat...well, it's going to hold the hyzer or anhyzer that you actually threw rather than the flat release you thought you threw. I'm still tinkering with it and deciding whether it's got a slot in my bag. For now, I'm definitely more comfortable throwing a disc that I know will fade (Emac Truth) or a disc that I know will turnover (Tursas).
Old 12-17-2018, 10:52 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 48
Niced 823 Times in 563 Posts

Quote:
I picked up two Evidence(s) during Infinite's Black Friday sale, and they're both pretty dead nuts straight.
This is what I use them for.
Old 12-17-2018, 05:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Weird that your results are so different. What you're describing sounds closer to what I get out of a Tursas. How far do you chuck them? I haven't really given mine a full rip, and really just use it on holes 275 and under. I could see how over 300 they'd be a turnover disc, but I prefer to throw a fairway at that distance rather than wildly throw a mid as hard as I can (and that's about as far as I can max a mid).

I don't like to use the phrase because it seems like everyone does, and rarely is it true, but the Evidence for me is the proverbial "holds any line" midrange. On hyzer release it flips to just short of flat and gently fades out. On an anny release it holds the angle forever through the ground. Flat is where you'd think the disc would shine, but is actually super finicky. Thrown perfect it'll turn a little, fade a little, and end exactly where you aimed it. However, because it holds any line that also means that if your flat release isn't quite flat...well, it's going to hold the hyzer or anhyzer that you actually threw rather than the flat release you thought you threw. I'm still tinkering with it and deciding whether it's got a slot in my bag. For now, I'm definitely more comfortable throwing a disc that I know will fade (Emac Truth) or a disc that I know will turnover (Tursas).
I'll throw one tomorrow - could be that my form has cleaned up since I last threw one - however with flight numbers of 5,5,-1,0, and looking at the flight chart, I don't think my mind will change, based on the evidence....

Niced: (1)
Old 12-17-2018, 05:36 PM
Snowflake

Quote:
...I don't think my mind will change, based on the evidence....
I see what you did there...

Old 12-17-2018, 07:31 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 27
Niced 426 Times in 260 Posts

Quote:
I'll throw one tomorrow - could be that my form has cleaned up since I last threw one - however with flight numbers of 5,5,-1,0, and looking at the flight chart, I don't think my mind will change, based on the evidence....
I appreciate a good pun, well played!

What flight chart are you looking at? I usually use the inFlight Guide on inboundsdiscgolf.com, since it seems to reflect my personal results more often than most. inFlght shows -21% HST and 15% LSF, for a net result of -6% which is negligible. That's pretty close to what I'm seeing, although I'd maybe go -10% HST. That being said I actually have never really clicked with straight mids (sold my Mako3 for that reason) and was expecting a bit more of a turnover disc. I'm a little disappointed in how straight it is, because for me that's the toughest kind of disc to throw consistently. Likely will not permanently make my bag unless it loses significant stability as it beats in.

Old 12-17-2018, 07:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
I appreciate a good pun, well played!

What flight chart are you looking at? I usually use the inFlight Guide on inboundsdiscgolf.com, since it seems to reflect my personal results more often than most. inFlght shows -21% HST and 15% LSF, for a net result of -6% which is negligible. That's pretty close to what I'm seeing, although I'd maybe go -10% HST. That being said I actually have never really clicked with straight mids (sold my Mako3 for that reason) and was expecting a bit more of a turnover disc. I'm a little disappointed in how straight it is, because for me that's the toughest kind of disc to throw consistently. Likely will not permanently make my bag unless it loses significant stability as it beats in.
Truth be told it is not a mold I have thrown a lot. TC and then a few rounds - I found it a tweener that wasn't as reliably under-stable as a Tursas, nor as stable as a Warship, Compass, or Core for straight.

Your mileage may surely vary though. Mids are the touchiest bunch IMHO.
Old 12-20-2018, 05:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 528 Times in 337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Small bump. Someone on my home course had a Patrol, and said it was very good at holding an anny with some glide. So I pulled the trigger and ordered a blue 170g Lucid Patrol (Lucid is the only plastic available at the time).

Thrown firmly but smoothly with attention to good form, my Patrol is doing very well on the dogleg-right holes on my home course. It turns over nicely and holds the anny line, especially on the downhill hole. On the uphill hole, it turns nicely to set me up for a nice second shot, but can stall out and just go straight if I throw it too high (which I tend to do at times). (Both of these holes are 210-220 ft. and in the woods).

I'll continue to work with it in various scenarios, but the Patrol does look like the possible answer to fill that fresh-out-of-the-box understable mid/long approach disc
Patrol is MAYBE, POSSIBLY on my short list of out-of-box US mids to try out. I did not like the Warrant, felt like crap in hand, not US either. Now it's really just this and the Tremor to try out - at present, it's the Vertex or Tursas which come the closest to what I'm really looking for.

How would you compare the Patrol to other super flippy mids? Flippy enough, or speed-sensitive like most of the others?

Old 12-20-2018, 05:57 PM
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
Patrol is MAYBE, POSSIBLY on my short list of out-of-box US mids to try out. I did not like the Warrant, felt like crap in hand, not US either. Now it's really just this and the Tremor to try out - at present, it's the Vertex or Tursas which come the closest to what I'm really looking for.

How would you compare the Patrol to other super flippy mids? Flippy enough, or speed-sensitive like most of the others?
I suspect most if not all understable molds can be flippy and speed/power sensitive. Good form often triumphs applying power when it comes to these molds. I practice with the Nova to work out form issues, as well as wrist-roll.

Having said that, I'm liking the Patrol, so far. It turns over nicely but has enough glide to keep flying and not seek the ground and crash. It'll stall and fade back if I get it too high (like on uphill shots), but if I hit the line with good form, the Patrol rewards me with good results.