Old 03-20-2019, 12:13 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 2
Niced 420 Times in 309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusch_bag View Post
If you consider it a fairway, that is in between those two for sure. I know Paul has said he doesn't like the diameter of it and I felt the vulture was more of that speed 9 or 10 tweener than a true fairway. I personally did enjoy the big Z vultures when I was messing around with discraft, but the whole diameter thing must really have discouraged Paul from using the mold. Paul is good enough to make a tracker work, but in my opinion, the rest of us have better options.
How would you compare the Vulture to a Thuderbird? I'm actually looking for a more OS UT right now, and the Vulture seems to fit the bill, unless there are some freak UTs out there. My current UT is a PmB Ti.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2019, 12:56 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 228 Times in 152 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
How would you compare the Vulture to a Thuderbird? I'm actually looking for a more OS UT right now, and the Vulture seems to fit the bill, unless there are some freak UTs out there. My current UT is a PmB Ti.
Your best bet for a slightly more OS UT is a cryZtal sparkle but it probably won’t be by much. If you are looking for the beefiest vultures most people say it’s the Big Z variant.

The tracker honestly kicked my vulture out of my bag. It’s the perfect OS compliment to my undertaker. And I can BH + FH it with ease. It’s smaller and comfier than a vulture. I’m pretty sure if it was a new Disc that came out now and got rebranded more people would love it. It’s a shame it came out and got forgotten about.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-20-2019, 01:22 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 34
Niced 129 Times in 80 Posts

I bet his itb will be radically different by 2020. Im thinking one Buzzz left at most, mostly using a Z Wasp and CT Jawbreaker Wasps. Trackers will be gone for the new PinHawk fairway that replaces his TB3s. Forces will be all but replaced by the Kong with maybe one sticking around for headwinds.

I really wonder if his starting lineup of signature discs was based on what was sitting in the warehouse.

Old 03-20-2019, 03:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,357 Times in 793 Posts

I think a premium plastic ROACH would be nice for him, more like a NOVA replacement.

And why no RAPTOR? its made like a "longer ZONE" ( have not watched the video yet , early morning here at work )
Old 03-20-2019, 06:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,357 Times in 793 Posts

But a nice bag, 11 moulds same as me

One thing i would hate about his bag is to have two black ZONEs i different state of ware . . i hate to have two discs in the same color that fly different.

Fun to se how far he throws the Undertaker ( well he throws everything far )

Yes please to a Swirl ESP WASP
Old 03-20-2019, 08:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 91
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,109 Times in 561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusch_bag View Post
The tracker is just the only fairway they have that is in between an undertaker and a predator. If the next Paul McBeth mold to come out isn't a teebird copy, I will be very surprised. The tracker is ok, but it has no glide and is not really what you want out of your workhorse fairway driver.
The Raptor and Vulture both fit between the Predator and Undertaker. Larger diameter doesn't affect speed, just makes it turn slower (for example, a comet vs a meteor) and glide more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANBURGARLAR View Post
Your best bet for a slightly more OS UT is a cryZtal sparkle but it probably won’t be by much.
Disagree, First Run 'takers are the most overstable IMO - and most similar to trackers that I threw way back when.

Last edited by VictorB; 03-20-2019 at 08:51 AM.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:50 AM

Years Playing: 3.8
Niced 18 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
I think a premium plastic ROACH would be nice for him, more like a NOVA replacement.

And why no RAPTOR? its made like a "longer ZONE" ( have not watched the video yet , early morning here at work )
If I recall he said (or maybe it was Eagle or Ian during WTO) that he didn't like the feel of the Raptor
Old 03-20-2019, 09:28 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 12
Niced 940 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefKoolaid View Post
I really wonder if his starting lineup of signature discs was based on what was sitting in the warehouse.
In the case of the Buzzz and the Zone, I'd say he negotiated them when he signed since they were already top sellers. Obviously the Zone fits his game but he's always been a beaded mid kinda guy and the Wasp seems to be a better fit than a Buzzz.

Old 03-20-2019, 09:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 183
Niced 672 Times in 446 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
In the case of the Buzzz and the Zone, I'd say he negotiated them when he signed since they were already top sellers. Obviously the Zone fits his game but he's always been a beaded mid kinda guy and the Wasp seems to be a better fit than a Buzzz.
Although he's been using the Buzzz more than the Wasp, as far as I can tell. It seems to me like he's using it for both Mako3 and Roc3 shots at times.

Old 03-20-2019, 09:53 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 12
Niced 940 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by armiller View Post
Although he's been using the Buzzz more than the Wasp, as far as I can tell. It seems to me like he's using it for both Mako3 and Roc3 shots at times.
I wonder if he's trying to sell some of his signature discs. 🤔