Old 07-15-2019, 01:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 593 Times in 433 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owensjef View Post
I keep buying cool Kong's/Zeus discs and people continue to offer me more than I paid. I keep selling them. I agree it makes no sense, but hey. I'll stick to the low prices vultures and raiders, bought with my resale profits. I can't tell if discmaniacs or discraft lovers are crazier
I will admit though since they are all unique its more rare to find a REALLY cool color/design combo so I do get why some of them would go for 30-35$ Part of that is being able to choose exactly the color and look you want. I was able to snag a few on release day and of course I wanted to coolest looking ones. Now the ones remaining are more generic, bland, or not best colors. So I get why the market works that way. But folks trying to sell them for 50+ is insane. but whatever I guess. I have 4 coming to my door, I hope they work out like I plan - a stable, OS control driver in nice grippy but durable plastic. But, PM discs are sweet haha so I kinda get it.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2019, 02:11 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 46
Niced 99 Times in 77 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Not personal towards crd_81, but I'm wondering how the specs can be exactly the same but the permissible max weights be different?
No offense taken.

Honestly, I thought about saying they were different but noticed that the actual measurements of the physical disc were the same and decided to go with what I said. As others have pointed out, the weight is so minuscule that it may be safe enough to say they are exactly alike in every matter of measurement, unless I missed something.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:31 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 19
Niced 178 Times in 96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
I will admit though since they are all unique its more rare to find a REALLY cool color/design combo so I do get why some of them would go for 30-35$ Part of that is being able to choose exactly the color and look you want. I was able to snag a few on release day and of course I wanted to coolest looking ones. Now the ones remaining are more generic, bland, or not best colors. So I get why the market works that way. But folks trying to sell them for 50+ is insane. but whatever I guess. I have 4 coming to my door, I hope they work out like I plan - a stable, OS control driver in nice grippy but durable plastic. But, PM discs are sweet haha so I kinda get it.
I agree. If I sell them it's usually 10 bucks over what I paid. Takes care of my time to go buy them. Certainly not trying to get rich.

Im comparing the vulture and the Anax right now. Im shocked at the amount of dome on this Anax. Hand feel of the rim seems the same. Stacked up, each seem to be about same diameter. Not sure if I like the idea of this pop top, though

My favorite vulture is a test flight, and it's by far more overstable than my other 3. (1 ledgestone Z, 2 esp). I rely on it heavily for control forehands, and full rip backhands, wind doesn't matter. I can't find another so I was originally hoping this could be the replacement.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-15-2019, 02:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 593 Times in 433 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owensjef View Post
I agree. If I sell them it's usually 10 bucks over what I paid. Takes care of my time to go buy them. Certainly not trying to get rich.

Im comparing the vulture and the Anax right now. Im shocked at the amount of dome on this Anax. Hand feel of the rim seems the same. Stacked up, each seem to be about same diameter. Not sure if I like the idea of this pop top, though

My favorite vulture is a test flight, and it's by far more overstable than my other 3. (1 ledgestone Z, 2 esp). I rely on it heavily for control forehands, and full rip backhands, wind doesn't matter. I can't find another so I was originally hoping this could be the replacement.
Have you tested it enough to confirm if its a good replacement? I have a Glow Z Vulture and its my favorite but I don't use it since its hard to replace. I hope to give a full review on the Anax in a week or so when I get time to work with them.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:40 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 178 Times in 96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
Have you tested it enough to confirm if its a good replacement? I have a Glow Z Vulture and its my favorite but I don't use it since its hard to replace. I hope to give a full review on the Anax in a week or so when I get time to work with them.
Just a visual comparison, so far. Have not thrown the Anax. The vultures I've thrown for a few months
Old 07-15-2019, 03:16 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 2
Niced 427 Times in 312 Posts

I just got mine in the mail, and it's even prettier than the pic showed on MSt, I should've grabbed another to throw, but I'm not too enthusiastic about the dome, but it feels good in the hand. I guess the Vulture and Avenger I bought will have to do for the OS FW thrower for now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1563214442911.jpg (44.2 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1563214450712.jpg (71.4 KB, 31 views)
Old 07-15-2019, 05:34 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 17 Times in 11 Posts

So how's the glide on this thing? On infinites video they had it as a 6 glide which makes it more than the comet. And I find that hard to believe.

In my head (because I havent thrown one yet) the anax looks like a longer wasp in flight. Overstable but workable, glidey but controllable.
Old 07-15-2019, 05:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,132 Times in 647 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InWaves View Post
So how's the glide on this thing? On infinites video they had it as a 6 glide which makes it more than the comet. And I find that hard to believe.

In my head (because I havent thrown one yet) the anax looks like a longer wasp in flight. Overstable but workable, glidey but controllable.
In my head, it looks like a Volts flight . I can see that, the Volt has stood out pretty unique in the crowded field of OS speed 8-9 drivers.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:51 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 107 Times in 75 Posts

Love the Volt in Electron but they get chewed up easier than any disc.

Old 07-16-2019, 10:35 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,440 Times in 826 Posts

Got my two ANAX today.

Right ANAX. . .Left Vulture. .

Took them out to throw against my most OS Vulture. . The Tour series one

The Anax flies like a OS Vulture but starts to fade much sooner, , , ,will write more later
Attached Images
File Type: jpg anax.jpg (87.4 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190716_125826.jpg (115.9 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190716_125308.jpg (151.7 KB, 97 views)

Niced: (2)