Old 06-14-2018, 11:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 23
Courses Played: 212
Niced 28 Times in 22 Posts

Thanks! I'm super bummed I missed you but had a great time over at Ridgway state park with the family. Got a trifecta in on one of the days, played the Olathe DG course and got an Ace, hit the lake with the paddle boards and kids kayaks, finished that day shredding some MTB trails with older boy. Hit the black canyon and a few breweries. All and all a great little trip.

The marking whiskers are the 10 meter circle. My bike track needs some work but it is coming along slowly. I'm really proud of what I've been able to do with my little slice of heaven. I try to tweak a few holes every year and ,attempt to, steadily improve the way it plays. I want it to have a lot of birdie opportunities with a few longer holes so it doesn't feel like a pitch and putt. I'd really like to get a tree spade out and move a few of the nice pine trees around on hole #2 to define an intended fairway.

I'm really glad you enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnocentCrook View Post
Also, a couple weeks ago while I was road tripping through Colorado with my BIL I had the opportunity to throw Giles' private home course in the beautiful Pagosa Springs area. He was away camping with his family but allowed BIL and I to show up and spend the morning hucking plastic on his slice of paradise.

What he did with 10 acres to create a pretty darn unique set of 18 holes should be commended. Multiple tees, multiple (color coded mind you) baskets, and a handy scorecard made navigating everything pretty easy. He has one hill on the back of his property but you get to throw off of it, top o' the world style, 3 times if memory serves me. My BIL and I had a great time. Pagosa has two other courses too and we hit them too, the 3 courses make for a nice stop if you're rolling through the southern half of CO. Overall though, I think we had more fun on his course.

I don't know exactly what all the "whisker" markers were for on his course, but I think I'm going to buy a bunch of them for use around some of the 10m. circles, and possibly for marking paths from one hole to the next. they get mowed down to whatever height your mower is set at and then they should be good for a few seasons if I had to guess.

Also, damn you Giles for having some dirt jumps, pump track, and other MTB goodies. You've got me itching to add some trails and stuff to my place now.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 06-14-2018, 01:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.5
Courses Played: 145
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 386 Times in 169 Posts

Nice! Sounds like a fun little trip. We probably crossed paths somewhere on the road since we were basically on the same route.

I've already ordered a pack of whiskers to try out, should come in tomorrow. At about $0.25/each (plus the cost of a 60D nail) they seem like a nice, low profile, semi-permanent option. How many do you use per circle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by giles View Post
Thanks! I'm super bummed I missed you but had a great time over at Ridgway state park with the family. Got a trifecta in on one of the days, played the Olathe DG course and got an Ace, hit the lake with the paddle boards and kids kayaks, finished that day shredding some MTB trails with older boy. Hit the black canyon and a few breweries. All and all a great little trip.

The marking whiskers are the 10 meter circle. My bike track needs some work but it is coming along slowly. I'm really proud of what I've been able to do with my little slice of heaven. I try to tweak a few holes every year and ,attempt to, steadily improve the way it plays. I want it to have a lot of birdie opportunities with a few longer holes so it doesn't feel like a pitch and putt. I'd really like to get a tree spade out and move a few of the nice pine trees around on hole #2 to define an intended fairway.

I'm really glad you enjoyed it!
Old 07-10-2018, 02:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

I typed up a really well written post about the work day we had this past sunday. I hit submit and it knocked me out for a time-out. Tried to hit the back button but the post was gone. I'm not retyping all of it.

Anyway, 3 people showed up and we knocked out an entire hole start to finish. Low 200's in length par 3. I had it marked up for tree removal prior to the work day.

What I thought was going to be a straight hole ended up being a nice little hyzer after we started cutting our way it. It was very dense before we started work so it was tough to tell until clearing commenced. As we worked down the fairway I made a last minute decision to shorten the hole by locating the basket on a cool little knob that I didn't even realize was there until everything was cleared out. I really think it made what was going to be a basic hole into something kind of special.

I'm waiting on my bro in law to send some pics that I can post because my phone's camera is shot. I need to either bring my normal camera or replace my busted old phone because I'm missing out on taking some good course archival photos!

Old 07-10-2018, 09:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 72
Niced 68 Times in 27 Posts

Cant wait to see it... and ya your pics look like they were taken with a rotary phone lmao

Old 07-14-2018, 10:14 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 21
Niced 113 Times in 46 Posts

https://ibb.co/j5BdsT

Will have a whole host of new pics in the coming weeks.

Last edited by nate22; 07-14-2018 at 10:18 AM.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.4
Courses Played: 125
Niced 3,429 Times in 1,502 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate22 View Post
https://ibb.co/j5BdsT

Will have a whole host of new pics in the coming weeks.
I studied those pictures, and could find no evidence that they are of the same hole.

Nice.
Old 07-15-2018, 06:24 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
I studied those pictures, and could find no evidence that they are of the same hole.

Nice.
You can see the 2 trees on the right that cross to form an X.

I am standing on the rocks near there, that's our spotters rock.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:54 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 72
Niced 68 Times in 27 Posts

Got to play 9 holes at Hidden Ridge over the weekend. I will be the first to say that I was pretty let down when Eric decided to close Coyote Trace. However, it makes me happy that those baskets found an excellent new home. Hidden Ridge is going to be something special.

Thanks again Tim for your hospitality! Top notch weekend!

Old 07-23-2018, 10:18 AM
Double Eagle Member

Thanks Zack. I always enjoy sharing Hidden Ridge with fellow disc golf nuts.

I had a blast throwing around the property, playing South Fork, then watching some Idlewild Open with you and Bob. You guys are welcome any time.

Old 07-23-2018, 10:27 AM
Eagle Member

The photographer has been out already...

https://pasteboard.co/HvN4IBN.jpg

https://pasteboard.co/HvN66Y4.jpg

https://pasteboard.co/HvN6Nyh.jpg

https://pasteboard.co/HvN7uWk.jpg

https://pasteboard.co/HvN7Zs7.jpg