Old 10-22-2018, 05:34 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 25
Niced 161 Times in 96 Posts

I called that it looks like poor quality materials. Totally agree with buy quality buy once. But there are other cheap options out there that are better. The BP3 is in this price range and is actually a really decent quality bag. A bit more and you can get the discmania fanatic or the pinch which IMO are both legit backpack style bags. They are comfortable and feel sturdy. You know it's not a good sign when you can look at the picture online and tell that the materials are low end.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2018, 09:37 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 15
Niced 104 Times in 46 Posts

I had the bp3 also. I would say the quality is similar. The innova pocket has a wider opening and I can pull the discs out easier, but the prodigy putter pocket was better. Overall I’d take the innova. Also, this would be the only innova thing I own, so no loyalties

Niced: (1)
Old 10-23-2018, 01:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 340 Times in 227 Posts

I'll say one thing, Innova must have done some research on price points that target guys like me - I went with the Superhero as my bag of choice as an upgrade from quad straps, and I could see picking one of these up to replace my little over the shoulder dealie for lunch rounds.

I like the idea of something like this that is clearly for disc golf when you take a closer look at it, thanks to the Innova logo, but that doesn't look as incredibly silly as a typical bag sitting on a chair in my office when not in use.

Niced: (2)
Old 11-15-2018, 06:53 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 15.6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 510 Times in 431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
I'll say one thing, Innova must have done some research on price points that target guys like me - I went with the Superhero as my bag of choice as an upgrade from quad straps, and I could see picking one of these up to replace my little over the shoulder dealie for lunch rounds.

I like the idea of something like this that is clearly for disc golf when you take a closer look at it, thanks to the Innova logo, but that doesn't look as incredibly silly as a typical bag sitting on a chair in my office when not in use.
It will be more comfortable bag for those traveling over a traditional shoulder bag or minimal disc players, as I see the beginner shoulder bags disappearing over the years with only a few models being made to satisfy that type of player as more brands make a basic disc golf backpack similar to this, possibly a tad better.

Side Note: has anybody used this bag yet?
Old 11-15-2018, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owensjef View Post
I had the bp3 also. I would say the quality is similar. The innova pocket has a wider opening and I can pull the discs out easier, but the prodigy putter pocket was better. Overall I’d take the innova. Also, this would be the only innova thing I own, so no loyalties
So the Innova Discover pack is worth getting then even if it is at a questionable low price unlike the Prodigy Bp3. That is good to know.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:43 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 24.9
Courses Played: 115
Niced 5 Times in 3 Posts

I bought one for my 11 year old son as a birthday present and it is absolutely perfect for him. Highly recommend for kids, not so much for adults. I carried it for him in a recent tournament and its like a kid size book bag.

Old 11-17-2018, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissauls View Post
I bought one for my 11 year old son as a birthday present and it is absolutely perfect for him. Highly recommend for kids, not so much for adults. I carried it for him in a recent tournament and its like a kid size book bag.
As long as it fits him and is easy too take off, brother is 5 foot 6 inches so it should not bee too awkward on him. I feel he can use it for his discs and carry them more comfortable then the old beginner Lighting bag he has outgrown and is falling apart.
Old 12-07-2018, 02:53 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 18.6
Courses Played: 23
Niced 75 Times in 45 Posts

I'm looking at this bag to use for field practice. Currently I use the small Innova "Standard" bag for rounds, but I'd like something to easily carry more discs that I can keep in my truck.

From what I'm reading, the Prodigy BP-3 holds a few more discs, but is a bit more expensive. For field practice (not playing), which bag would be preferable, or is there a better alternative than either the Prodigy or Innova for roughly the same price?

Old 12-09-2018, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanA View Post
I'm looking at this bag to use for field practice. Currently I use the small Innova "Standard" bag for rounds, but I'd like something to easily carry more discs that I can keep in my truck.

From what I'm reading, the Prodigy BP-3 holds a few more discs, but is a bit more expensive. For field practice (not playing), which bag would be preferable, or is there a better alternative than either the Prodigy or Innova for roughly the same price?
Uh another option is Prodigy makes the Tournament bag similar size to the Innova Discarrier bag for $29 flat with $4.00 shipping that comes with the detachable backpack quad straps on Amazon, The Amazon description says the Prodigy Tournament bag has 2 drink holders but the picture only shows one unless the zippered pocket on one side next to the drink holder can also be used for drinks.

Old 12-10-2018, 10:57 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 18.6
Courses Played: 23
Niced 75 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Uh another option is Prodigy makes the Tournament bag similar size to the Innova Discarrier bag for $29 flat with $4.00 shipping that comes with the detachable backpack quad straps on Amazon...
I have looked at the Innova Discarrier, and the Prodigy bag does look similar. I was interested in the smaller backpack styles in case I have someone interested in playing, and I want to take them out with a few different discs.

Since my main focus though is practice, the larger tournament bag is probably better. Thanks for the heads up.